I think owe some of you a major apology. I recently raved the Burt’s Bees Premium Grab Bags that were on sale for $24.99. Now it’s been years since I’ve seen this but was every so delighted they were back again. I ordered three bags total, one for myself, one for my sis, and one for my friend Sue.
The last time I ordered there bags had to be 2 or 3 years back and at the time I was simply delighted with all the goodies they included which far exceeded the $25 price tag but this year I got my order and was very, very disappointed. I hope those of you who ordered weren’t too disappointed by the bag which is why I owe you each an apology if you were as I recommended this assuming they’d be as good as year’s past and sadly…they just weren’t.
Jump ahead for a brief babble, photos, and find out what was in my Burt’s Bees Grab Bag. Who knows maybe after reading this you MIGHT want to purchase one.
The first thing I noticed about the items in the bag is they had a dusty, sticky feel. I’m blaming this to the fact that Burt’s included a big giant pumice stone. The stone was thrown in the bag without packaging and it kicked up some dust and caused general havoc with the rest of the goodies in the bag. I think the largest item in the big was 4 oz in size, utterly disappointing. My last experience with the bags included at least 6 lip shimmers, full size deodorants, toner, hand creams and facial creams, etc….this time I got some of that stuff but all in REALLY small sizes.
Here’s a break down:
- Burt’s Bees Radiance Lotion (2.5 oz)
- Burt;s Bees All in One Wash (4 oz)
- Burt’s Bees Mini Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar
- Burt’s Bees Mini Natural Skin Care for Men Bar Soap
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Nappy Ointment
- Burt’s Bees Therapeutic Bath Crystal (Small Envelope)
- Burt’s Bees Muscle Mend Sore Muscle Balm (Tiny Smidge of a Sample)
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cutcutle Cream (Sample Size)
- Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm (Full Size)
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer (Full Size)
- Burt’s Bees Healthy Healing Body Lotion (Travel Size)
- Burt’s Bees Naturally Nourishing Body Lotion (Travel Size)
- Burt’s Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser (Tiny Travel Tube)
- Burt’s Bees Nail File
- Burt’s Bees Peppermint and Rosemary Body Bar
- Burt’s Bees Tin (This has me puzzled, it’s empty with little bees on it. Kinda shaped like a band aid box of some sort but nothing inside????)
- Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss (Full Size)
- Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme (Small Sample)
- Burt’s Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Cleansing Cream (Small Tube)
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (Full Size
- Burt’s Bees Radiance Night Creme (Small Sample Size)
- Pumice Stone
- Makeup Bag
Basically I feel like I just purchased a bunch of samples. I guess $25 isn’t TOO much to pay for all this but going into this expecting what I have gotten in the past is disappointing to say the least.
I really am terribly sorry for those who ordered and expected more. I had no idea that Burt’s cut down so much on the bags.
Anyone contemplating an order, I’d skip, unless you REALLY love everything I listed and don’t mind really tiny sizes. Anyone who did order, I can’t apologize enough, because this was a bust. I’m hopeful some of you were pleased but sadly I know I wasn’t.
My friend Sue had asked me to estimate shipping via airmail and I had said $30-$40 dollars due to the weight of the product but honestly I could easily ship this for $15-$20 or less. Everything is so small!
The bags are still available if you’re interested but I’d personally skip.
Feeling crushed at how bad this turned out.
Did you get your bag?
Pretty disappointed like me?