Daily Dose of Beauty: Beautyblender

Anyone a fan of the Beautyblender? I’ve been meaning to try one for ages…..

Jump!

Beauty Blender

Rea Ann Silva, Celebrity Makeup Artist and Creator of the Beautyblender gives some interesting tips for using the BeautyBlender in your Summer makeup regime!

Check it!

• For a summer-time glow, mix your foundation with a highlighting cream (try a light golden-bronze shade), dampen the Beautyblender and blend over areas of the face, such as the top of your nose, cheek bones and the under eye area. You can also apply this mixture to your shoulders and collar bone. The outcome – glowing goddess!
  • For a flawless self-tanning application, exfoliate, lightly moisturize and apply self-tanner on your body using your hands. Dampen a Beautyblender with water and bounce it on the areas that are hard to apply evenly, such as bikini lines, elbows and under breasts, to ensure that you blend equally – leaving you without any streaks or blotchy areas. The result – a mess free, golden tan!

Gee, never even occurred to me to try out the blender with tanning techniques and highlighting. Interesting!

Visit www.beautyblender.net for more details and find out where to buy!

Do you use the Beautyblender?

Experience with it?

Share!

• 6/15/10 14:15 Jenny:

Ooo, I use the beautyblender for my foundation, and it really does give me a flawless coverage :) I’ve never tried using it for anything else, though I would definitely like to try it for highlighting.
    Did you know Sonia Kashuk also has something similari, but for almost 1/2 the price? I heard it was just as easy to use!

• 6/15/10 14:28 the Muse:

hey jenny

I’ve been curious bout it for ages. I’ve seen the SK version and was curious about it!!!!!!!!!! :-D

• 6/15/10 15:10 mayrei:

I have the Sonia Kashuk version and it’s fantastic. Works just as well as the Beauty Blender, but I think it’s a little bit smaller. I use it almost exclusively for foundation, and the pointy end is great for blending out concealer.

• 6/15/10 15:20 the Muse:

hey mayrei. do you wet it when you use concealer?!

• 6/15/10 15:28 mayrei:

Yes… usually its already damp from using it for the foundation, and then I apply concealer, flip the sponge over and use the pointy end. I use the same “bounce” technique on the concealer and it makes it look flawless.

• 6/15/10 15:36 the Muse:

thanks mayrei kinda hyped to try that :D

• 6/15/10 22:28 Kristina:

Love my blender sponge! I had foundations that I hated (Bare Minerals and a couple of compact and stick foundations) just taking up space until I found this. I swear any foundation will look good when applied with this.

• 6/16/10 9:31 the Muse:

hey kristina really? BE too!?

• 6/16/10 11:09 Kristina:

Surprisingly yes, it also works with powder! And cream blushes. I forgot to mention that. Def recommend for cream blush if you’re inept or heavy handed with them like I am!

• 6/16/10 11:36 the Muse:

always wet right kristina?! I’m SO curious about this thing :-D

• 6/16/10 15:52 Kristina:

You want it nice and damp. Run it under the faucet, squeeze it out, and then give it a gentle squeeze in a towel to get rid of excess water.

• 6/16/10 15:55 the Muse:

sweet kristina :-D can’t wait to try :-D

• 7/7/10 22:06 Renata:

Hi, Muse!
    Yes, there’s nothing like it! And here is a curious use for it, I discovered it totally by chance. After applying concealer, I wait just a minute for it to set and go over it lightly with the Beauty Blender tip. Dry, not wet. It seems to remove nothing of the coverage, but it only removes the excess of cream or oil, something you would not notice, but this small gesture makes concealer stay perfecly put. No powder needed. I don’t know exactly how it happens, but… it does :)
    Please let us know if you try! Well, I can’t believe you haven’t yet. Fabulous little thing, this is.

• 7/9/10 16:03 the Muse:

renata awesome! Really excited to test out. Have one here and been fiddling about with it!