Do Not Want: Philosophy 64 oz Vanilla Birthday Cake Shower Gel

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake

Dear Philosophy,

Me and you, we have chemistry, we have a connection babe. We’ve been friends for a long time now and we’ve gone through alot of highs and lows right?

So it should be ok that I address the issue of your QVC Today’s Special Value.

Philosophy….

I hate to be the one to break it to you.

But no one wants 64 ounces of Vanilla Birthday Cake in their shower. WTH? Don’t build our hopes up for Today’s Special Value and proceed to offer us enough shower gel to bath a small city with. Don’t you know anything about me (us) at all? You know we love variety, you know we can’t be true to a single shower gel for THAT long! How do you expect us to get through that big a shower gel? We may like it today but tomorrow we’ll be on to the next best thing….we can’t commit to 64 ounces, it’s simply too MUCH!

I’m sorry but DO NOT WANT a 64 oz Shower Gel.

Next anniversary can we get something a bit more special?

k, thanks.

Love you!

P.S. I got a sample of Vanilla Birthday Cake and it doesn’t even smell that great. Dude, talk about rubbing salt in an open wound…ouch!

P.S.S. If for some strange reason you DO need a big ass shower gel you can get yours from www.qvc.com

• 6/4/10 9:51 Jeweled Thumb:

Hahaha I felt the same way! I wish they would do a TSV with their new-ish makeup line or even a variety of bath products (one with one of their scrubs would be awesome so I could try without the enormous price tag). This one went right to the trash can.

• 6/4/10 9:55 the Muse:

jeweled a little relief in the ice cream social auto delivery :-D get that! I got it, good value :-D and it’s the gift that keeps on giving all year round haha!

but yes I’d have liked a skincare extra value bundle or some makeup something BETTER than this particularly b/c it was super hyped up and than I sit up at 12am for it’s 64 bloody ounces of shower gel. WTF needs that?! Granted I have ALOT of shower gel but I don’t need big mama one’s like this hehe!

• 6/4/10 9:53 Erin:

It would take me ten years to use that up! And I would be beyond sick out of it by the time that that occurs.

• 6/4/10 9:55 the Muse:

aw hells yes erin I’d be sick of it within a day or less. I like to rotate daily!

• 6/4/10 10:27 Wendy:

I’ m not gonna lie… the smell of that kind of stuff nauseates me, not the real thing but synthetic cake/cookie scents.
    So this… major do not want for Wendy =P

• 6/4/10 10:59 the Muse:

yes wendy :P same here. not one of their better gels imho!

• 6/4/10 12:55 JoElla:

Pure Grace is my go to shower gel and body lotion.. love it and use the lotion every single day I shower.. HOWEVER..I get really bored with the uber kegs (32 oz) about half way through.. that is when I start to wander and try other things. I tend to get a wee bit resentful that this uber keg is hogging up shower space, and counter space.. and I start to give it the evviiill eye…

I do always go back to it, and love it and got my eye on next months TSV (the ubers in many different scents plus matching 16 oz spritzs.. god help me!)

But 64 ozs.. Umm no.. I would become Manic and loose what is left of my ever loving mind if that moster tanker beast was in my house!

Note to Philosophy.. when one plans their own surprise party.. it never ends well.. Ever!

• 6/4/10 13:51 the Muse:

LOL Jo! exactly. I think I liked the 16oz best except maybe if it’s a SUPER LE run. LOL their own surprise party too true :-D

I gotta say I’ve ordered both purity and micro delivery in the large sizes and simply REGRET it. I really do resent the large size hogging up my vanity.

• 6/4/10 14:40 Danielle:

I agree, especially because they seem to re-use this particular scent in a bunch of their cakey/vanilla products.

• 6/4/10 14:52 the Muse:

Yup Danielle! ALOT of rehashing with the vanilla!

• 6/4/10 15:29 Emily:

Well, if you look at the bottle it says shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath so I don’t think its that bad

• 6/4/10 15:31 the Muse:

what’s not that bad Emily? I’m just not keen on the smell of vanilla birthday cake nor the size of this but I know it’s a three in one so what is it that’s bad? confused

• 6/5/10 10:32 Emily:

oh sorry the size haha. i use way too much shampoo in the shower so maybe the size usnt that bad and it is so big because its a 3 in 1? didnt mean to sound mean or anything ilu<3

• 6/7/10 16:24 the Muse:

ah gotcha em was a little confused :-D ILU too :)

• 6/5/10 13:38 Robyn:

i think she means the size isnt tha tbad since you are using it for all three things ? at least that s how i read it i didnt think it was either until i the brit who is not knowing how much an ounce is converted it to litres 1.89 litres

wow thats alotta shower gel

• 6/7/10 16:24 the Muse:

LOL robyn even unconverted just looking at it is like WOW!

• 6/4/10 16:54 Michelle:

I have the 64 oz. Cinnamon Buns shower gel and I have used this about 95% of the time for the past year and the darn thing is still going strong. I will never buy anything that size again.

• 6/7/10 16:35 the Muse:

Michelle I don’t have the 64oz but believe it’s the 32oz of cinnamon buns and still 75% left after too many years to count!

• 6/4/10 17:43 Kate:

I still have my sephora happy birthday cupcake shower gel (unused) from two years ago–and its a tiny bottle.

I can’t fathom using 64oz of the most boring scent ever!

• 6/7/10 16:32 the Muse:

lol kate!

• 6/4/10 21:30 Johanna:

I so agree Muse! Not so keen on the scent myself. I do dream of the day when QVC features Fresh Cream Body Butter as a TSV.

• 6/7/10 16:31 the Muse:

hey johanna is fresh cream bb better than the sg? I never really liked the sg for some reason :D

• 6/5/10 7:24 electronicfly:

I’ve a bottle of body wash that’s about 13oz that I’ve been using (it’s my only bottle, so yes, for every single shower time) for the past 2 years, and I’ve barely used a third of it!

They should reserve those huge sizes for family sized shampoos, or a good bottle of wine.. :P

• 6/7/10 16:41 the Muse:

electrtronicfly you’d be using this until you’re 90!

LOL

• 6/5/10 9:34 stef:

You are my people! I couldn’t agree more. I tend to get mad and start to resent products that hang out in my shower too long. I would be SO be hating on this beast of a bottle!

• 6/7/10 16:40 the Muse:

LOl stef tell me ’bout it hun!

• 6/7/10 23:54 Roseline:

LOLOL. I’m probably the only one here that wants it. When I read your post, I was like, “HOLLLLY SHITTT. DID I DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN?!” LOL. I’m crazy I know. But could you imagine how long that would last? I love the smell of vanilla btw, never get sick of it xD.
    IMAGINE HOW HUGE THAT BOTTLE WAS?! I think I would gloat with pride if I showed my friends a 64 Oz bottle of Shower Gel LOL.

• 7/17/10 22:51 jen:

I think you might have missed where it says… FAMILY SIZE… that is not for one person.. or even two.. Now I am not a fan of the that smell.. I would rather they do a the purity in it. WHy because my family of 5 uses the 32 ounce up pretty fast. My parents love it, I love it and get this my brothers love it, esp. during football season, so they keep the sweat acne down. …

So if your one person or even two.. no its not for you.. but if you go to qvc.. it does say FAMILY SIZE….

ps//. it was crappy to have it a a tsv.. I like good bundle tsvs.

• 7/27/10 6:56 the Muse:

nope I got that part jen but I enjoyed having a bit of fun writing this post anyway. awesome that you love it, glad to hear it. I personally don’t like having that much shower gel laying around and heck even if I had a ton of kids and a huge ass family living with I’d still want variety ;-D