New in Beauty: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Stain

new cosmetics

Phew lip stains making a helluva come back this season!

Let’s see…

We got mark ones, Sephora ones, Covergirl and MAC ones, and hell even Josie Maran ones…and a new one just released from Revlon….I’m positive I’m missing some but the fact is lip stains are making their way across the beauty board this year.

Next up?

Maybelline New York Sensational Lip Stain!

Jump!

You’ll see 10 new shades of Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Stain shortly at your drugstore for $8.99 each.

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Stain

I haven’t personally seen them in store yet but you know damn well I’ll be purchasing and reviewing for you when I hear the good word.

What do you think of this stain craze?

Loves?

Leaves?

Share!

• 6/16/10 20:08 My Lips But Better:

I’m sort of “meh” about this trend – reviews always say that they leave the dreaded ring around the mouth and are drying, so what’s the point?

I’m very happy with the staying power of my Revlon matte lipsticks :)

• 6/16/10 20:43 Dana:

If you want some let me know! I told you I can get them and MNY.

• 6/17/10 9:20 the Muse:

hi dana it’s ok I have a ton of drugstores I can go to hun but appreciate the offer :)

• 6/16/10 21:24 brooke:

I bought one of the Covergirl stains a while back and was pretty disappointed. They are very drying and accentuated the lines in my lips. The color was also deceiving – the package color is definitely not what it shows up as on your lips! I think it’s a good concept, but I was not a fan. Maybe the ones now will be new and improved…fingers crossed!

• 6/16/10 23:05 Anita:

Love them! I’ve only tried the Covergirl Outlast ones but in those the colour Flirty Nude has become an absolute HG item of mine!

Looking forward to seeing these because I love the lipsticks in this range :)

• 6/16/10 23:14 Hillarie:

Found this at my Walgreens yesterday (I also saw the Maybelline cream shadows, Dream Smooth Mousse, and the less elusive Falsies mascara).

It doesn’t last like the Revlon one, but I have both and the taste of the Maybelline one is about 10 times better (cherry, I think? At least for the color I got…)

Those are actually the only two lip stains I’ve ever used. I don’t find myself lusting over the CoverGirl stains because the colors don’t really catch my attention (they see orangey to me)

• 6/17/10 9:48 the Muse:

hi hillaire which cream shadows? curious minds! covergirl are actually nice, not loud and garish which stains are known for sometimes!

• 6/16/10 23:31 appu:

Hey Muse,

I’ve been reading ur blogs for a while now…Verry nice :)

And yeah, the lipstains look awesome :) I hope they’re better than the Revlon ones :)

• 6/17/10 9:29 the Muse:

aw thanks appu Hugs!

• 6/17/10 1:16 Mara:

Can’t wait for these. The only lip stain that I like so far is from Tarte, but it’s quite pricy. I still haven’t met a drug store lip stain that I really like. Some YouTube gurus have raved about the Palladio lip stains (usually available from Sally’s Beauty Supply). Have you tried any of those?

• 6/17/10 9:27 the Muse:

nope mara haven’t tried those ones hun :) sorry.

• 6/17/10 8:45 gabby:

I was wondering what they were gonna look like when I heard about them. They look cool! I’m excited that they will hopefully be better than the cheap covergirl ones. When do they come out??

• 6/17/10 8:58 the Muse:

should be this month gabby but haven’t seen them!

• 6/17/10 12:47 Erica B.:

I bought a few from Revlon and honestly, I don’t like this trend. I guess I would just rather lipstick or Lipgloss.

• 6/17/10 12:50 the Muse:

erica whatcha think of the revlon ones? I’m not really thrilled.

• 6/17/10 13:15 jenna:

darn looks like the marker style again! CG ones turned me off.

i hauled posietint and i’m absolutely in lovee! seems like applying nail polish to your lips but it’s the bestest!!

• 6/17/10 15:11 Coral:

I super love the idea of a lip stain, especially since I’m not one to remember to reapply lipstick and even lip gloss. But, I haven’t found one I can really be excited about. I was quite disappointed with the Covergirl one.