Later today you’ll hopefully be able to purchase the new Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipglosses! Until they go on sale at UD, here’s a look at the new gloss that should tempt and tease you into creating a wish list full of the great shades coming out!
A brand new lipgloss from Urban Decay in 11 shades with a mint flavor that contains Maxi Lip, a collagen boosting ingredient that moisturizers and plumps lips over time.
Definitely need to rave the packaging first. The glosses come in a squeeze tube with a thin slanted applicator but the key feature that makes gives them an extra edge and a chic feel are the caps. Each gloss sports a stained glass style metallic cap a la the Urban Decay Limited Edition Lipstick Cap released for Holiday 2008. Although the tube of the gloss isn’t anything particularly special, it’s the cap that sets the wheels in motion for giving the gloss a goth-y chic feel so you’ll feel quite proud to whip these out of your purse for touch ups.
There are 11 shades total each in different finishes and coverage. The formula isn’t as thin as Pocket Rockets nor as thick as XXX Shine but lays somewhere in the middle of the two. It’s very lightweight, comfortable and virtually weightless with a cool, minty flavor that users will find very pleasant if they weren’t too keen on the Pocket Rocket creme brulee flavor. Like many plumping glosses they have a very slight, subtle sting but nothing dramatic or overly much for sensitive types. The glosses don’t actually plump right away but using daily for a month supposedly boosts lip collagen 40%. Can’t say if that’s working yet as I’ve only tried them for a day or so now. Shades range in pigmentation but can be easily layered for more pop and color payoff. The glosses give a full, shiny look that wears comfortably without being sticky or tacky.
Shades available are
- Crush (Urban Decay calls this a sheer coral but too me it hot neon pink)
- Jilted (Urban Decay calls this one hot pink with blue but for me it leans more towards purple with blue)
- Heavy (Shimmering Nude)
- Runaway (Shimmering Coral)
- Red Light (Candy Apple Red)
- Peroxide (Pale Nude Pink)
- Perversion (Sheer Sparkling Grape)
- Love Junkie (Urban Decay calls this Deep but sheer Win to me it leans towards being a goth-y black purple)
- Naked (Pink Nude)
- Wallflower (Medium Nude)
- Midnight Cowboy (Shimmering Beige)
Some shades won’t work for everyone so be aware when picking. Colors like Perversion are club colors that aren’t for everyday use, or at least in my world they aren’t hehe.
- Anyone who wants a buildable lipgloss that wears comfortably.
- Anyone that likes super slick packaging (this has you covered).
- Anyone who wants a gloss that wears well on its own or paired up with lipstick or stain!
- Anyone who likes shades with edge (plenty of edgy colors here)
- Anyone sensitive to flavored gloss (these have a nice kick of mint).
I really liked these and find they are a refreshing change from the Pocket Rockets and XXX Shine. Urban Decay doesn’t have a ton of gloss options so I’m happy to have these added to the general catalog. I can’t pull off all the shades as some have a fair bit of edge but shades like Red Light, Runway, Naked, Crush, Midnight Cowboy, and Jilted are gorgeous additions to my lipgloss wardrobe and very wearable. The packaging is a large part of the appeal as well since I’m a sucker for cool packaging and these definitely bring it to the table. I’m quite curious if the Maxi Lip ingredient really works so we’ll see in a month if my lips are any fuller haha!
At $19, you can’t really go wrong picking up a shade or two. I think you’ll find at least one or two to love.
Available shortly from www.urbandecay.com
What do you think?
Are Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Glosses something that might star on your wish list this Fall?