Bare Escentuals Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow

Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams are a smashing success this Summer so of course it’s not any great surprise that the Fall season will bring about the saga of endless cream shadows. Already Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Cream Shadow has popped up and now Bare Escentuals joins the cream shadow scene with the new Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow.

Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow

Jump!

Weighing in at 0.12 oz at $17 they are a tiny bit smaller in size and price compared to Make Up For Ever’s 0.21 oz size and $22 price tag. You also get the benefit of Bare Escentuals pretty packaging considering MUFE’s is pretty standard and industrial. Although not available in a wide a shade range as Make Up For Ever, Buxom Stay There Shadow still has a nice selection of colors that it covers and they all look pretty lovely.

Shades available are (bless be! names for colors and not numbers!):

• Black Lab (Shimmering Black)
  • Bull Dog (Royal Blue)
  • Chihuahua (Silver)
  • Golden Retriever (Vibrant Copper Red)
  • Mutt (Bronze Taupe)
  • Poodle (Pale Yellow Gold)
  • Pug (Smoky Pewter)
  • Saint Bernard (Deep Sea Green)
  • Schnauzer (Vivid Violet Plum)
  • Shitzu (Gilded Lime Green)

They look amazing and I’m really looking forward to try these. Bare Escentuals has also introduced a Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow Brush ($17).

Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow Brush

Bare Escentuals Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow

One thing….

Don’t ask me why Bare Escentuals choose to name the shades after dogs……particularly when the Buxom Collection is normally named after ladies, Buxom, chicks, see my point?

Available now from Sephora.

• 7/14/10 10:26 Marina:

I thought the dog naming thing was odd, too. Wish they had a Yorkie though. Maybe I would have gotten it!
    I got my Naked palette in the mail, BTW. Wowzah. I am in love. I’ve already found some shades that my brown eyes cannot live without…

• 7/14/10 10:35 the Muse:

marina playing with the naked palette today dude! gmta!

• 7/14/10 10:51 Marina:

Haha! Cool! Seriously, UD needs to make Whiskey a permanent 24/7–it’s the first one that’s actually stayed on my waterline longer than 30 minutes. Usually the color just drops down near my lashes, but this one has stayed exactly where I applied it! I was overwhelmed this morning trying to come up with a look to do because there are so many I wanted to try…I ended up using Virgin, Naked, and Darkhorse.
        Have fun ;)

• 7/14/10 11:12 the Muse:

god whiskey rocks :-D love Marina :-D that palette really is awesome isn’t :D

• 7/14/10 10:31 electronicfly:

Bitches? ROFL!

• 7/14/10 10:34 the Muse:

LMAO nice one electronic fly :)

• 7/14/10 10:52 Sarah:

Chihuaha and mutt kinda make sense., I dunno theyre like pushing the limit kinda names. But saint bernard and golden retriever is just like what? Maybe they ran out of lady names.

• 7/14/10 11:04 the Muse:

lol maybe sarah :D

• 7/14/10 11:09 JayJay:

I’d like to see a royal blue bulldog 0.o

• 7/14/10 13:21 Nina:

It’s because they “Stay!”, get it? They are Stay-Put, obedient little things…..companions of the ladies. ;)

• 7/14/10 13:44 the Muse:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL nina that’s AWESOME :-D HA!!!!!! <3!

• 7/14/10 14:07 Valerie:

Not only do the dogs “stay” it is also Buxom Girls with their pet Dogs. Cute! :)

• 7/14/10 19:18 Alexa:

i need the pug one. NEED!!

• 7/14/10 22:25 Tracy:

Hahaha. I work at Sephora and got to see these when the rep came last month. They’re named after dogs because they’re supposed to be the Buxom GIrls’ pets. The lip Balms are named for the places they go on vacation, and the new fat Buxom lip pencils are named after where they live-London, Marrakesh, etc. BE has a whole story going on with their products. They are nice-pretty glittery though!

• 7/15/10 9:15 the Muse:

omg tracy is that how it works?! so cute!!!!!!!! I never really paid attention :D

• 7/16/10 15:17 peri:

the names are retarded…but ill totally check these out.

• 8/7/10 1:21 Sharon:

They are named after dogs because they are donating 20 thousand dollars to a Canine Companion Group.

• 8/13/10 11:04 melissa:

“Stay there”! Like you would tell a dog! I think its cute and unique, why does it always have to bee a name that makes sense! There are too many “lime whateveryoucallit” or “passionate pinkish” colors in this world! I think its nice and the colors look awesome in person! The brush feels sooo soft, not sure how the shape would work too well on the eye though!

• 1/20/11 15:38 mia:

hey, if you check out the description on sephora it says: Ahh, puppy love: In honor of our favorite Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow and the furry friends they’re named after…Bare Escentuals is making a charitable contribution to Canine Companions for Independence-a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs.

so i suppose that since the proceeds are helping dogs they named them after dogs?