I went to Hogwarts and learned all of its secrets!

wizarding world of harry potter

DD and I have a little trip planned to see more of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter come the Fall but I simply couldn’t resist its allure while I was on vacation, hopefully she doesn’t mind too much that I got a little sneaky peek without her!

• 7/28/10 10:03 Phyrra:

Aww, I don’t mind, but I am DYING to go! Srsly! It needs to be Fall now!

• 7/28/10 10:27 the Muse:

HA dd :-D I think it is best to wait for Fall because the lines…OMG the LINES dude even to get into Honeydukes and the other shops! HUGE freaking giant ass lines! btw butterbeer, so rancid!

• 7/28/10 10:32 Phyrra:

Just emailed you a recipe from a friend of mine for butter beer that’s supposed to be good :)

Yeah I know when my friends went the week the park opened up they said it was INSANE.

• 7/28/10 10:43 the Muse:

OMG the week of?! LOCOOOOOOOOO! It was a MAD house Court, a pure madhouse. Just to get into the stores was a freaking wait. I was a tiny bit disappointed because it’s really small and they didn’t merchandise it TOO much. I expected to drop crazy cash on stuff but really it wasn’t a ton of t-shirts, and all that crap. oh cheers thanks ha must try it. Their version basically tastes like cream soda, heavy on the buttery, caramel texture. After sipping it I decided that I didn’t need to try pumpkin juice as that prob is rancid as well hehe. Martin was all about the butterbeer, think it gave him coverage to ride Hulk LOL!

• 7/28/10 10:44 Phyrra:

Yep, some of my friends here in Tampa lean towards the insane, but I was happy to hear that it was cool :)

• 7/28/10 10:29 Marina:

Ahhhh! Didn’t know you were coming to Florida :) I’m still blown away by seeing that castle even though I’ve seen it twice now. I think I’m going back next month some time…and I plan to spend my birthday in the Three Broomsticks and just nerd it up. Did you get to go on any rides?

• 7/28/10 10:39 the Muse:

Marina totally fun wasn’t it? But damn the lines OH HORROR! Lucky enough my ship docked until 9pm so I had the day to blow at the park. I was able to get on the rides. ’bout a 50-75 minute wait but worth it. Fantastic way to spend a b-day!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7/28/10 11:31 Marina:

Trust me. Opening day was worse. But the lines for DC and FotH were only 5 mins opening day, and now they’re like…30! Weird. And Butterbeer is WAY better frozen at the Hog’s Head. Much better. I bought a Pumpkin Juice, and it’s still in my fridge. I like it, but it’s only good for a sip or two at a time…I’ve seen people chug it and I want to puke just watching! It was so worth going to opening day, though. People watching was fun…and it just felt like a bunch of friends (at least the people who got there before 9am…we were the die-hards!) in the line to actually get into the island. People were dressed up and everything. What I like the most about the park is that for once I can talk and loud and as much about HP as I want, and no one will think I’m overly nerdy or obsessed XD

• 7/28/10 13:02 the Muse:

marina try 55-75 dude! Butterbear was NOT my fav. We tried it frozen and cold and I just couldn’t stomach it at all! My friend Jai thought it was incredible but I wasn’t keen on it. LOL I think the novelty of Pumpkin Juice def made them chug, either that it or it was HOT. LOL I think alot of die hards are still wandering around hell I seen people in scarfs and hats in that crazy weather, that’s die hard, love me some HP but no way am I wrapping a scarf around my next in that humidity!

• 7/28/10 13:24 Marina:

Yeah, there is no way in hell I’d wear the robes or a scarf. Uh uh, no way. And chugging either Butterbeer or Pumpkin Juice in the Florida heat=BARF. The crowds have been kind of weird lately. When I went about two weeks ago, they were moderate. The Hulk was a 30 minute wait…it’s normally 2 hours at this time of year. You must have gotten it on a bad day! Fall will be a thousand times better, granting that you go when it is not Halloween Horror Nights.

• 7/29/10 10:03 the Muse:

LOL Marina right? WTH? that’s incredible wish I could say it was like that when I went :P Fall is always great for disney and universal, lines are really short during the week!

• 7/28/10 10:30 Melissa W.:

How fun! I’d love to visit Hogwarts. ;)

• 7/28/10 10:37 the Muse:

he melissa :D GO! so FUN!

• 7/28/10 11:00 kirsty:

So very jealous! I dream of going there but not one of my friends is interested :(

• 7/28/10 11:19 the Muse:

kirsty I’ll go with ya :-D

• 7/28/10 22:13 kiwikiwidragon:

I live about 40 minutes outside of orlando and would love to have a makeup junkies’ day at universal! I am going to wait until its cooler tho. We spend labor day at disney and DH and I are tossing around going, but the weather is brutal and I live here. We could see the castle from Outdoor World when we were near there two weeks ago. Have a friend who works there as well…Might be free when DH and I get to go.

• 7/29/10 9:27 the Muse:

OMG kiwi that would be SO fun! kiwi I gotta say, no offense, no idea how people live in Florida. I’m a native new yorker and we get heat for sure but florida just feels so incredibly uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s like you can barely breath pass the humidity. Phew! w00t free! :-D Maybe wait for the Fall, I think HP during the Fall will be nice!

• 7/29/10 9:31 Marina:

I hear you, Muse. I lived in NY for 13 years and then moved here…Talk about shock! I was from Buffalo…where we get like…the coldest winters ever lol! Bad thing is that summer are like hell here, but winter feels like nothing!

• 7/29/10 9:59 the Muse:

marina omg that must be incredibly shocking lol! I go to Florida a few times a year and I find in April/May it’s so utterly strange to wake up to pretty cold weather but as the day progresses the heat hits you full on! but I’ve never really been around the Winter. Living in New York and getting four seasons and proceeding to move to Florida has to be a shock haha! Particularly Buffalo as hells yes you guys get ALOT of snow!