Lush Whoosh Temple Balm

in Lush

Lush Whoosh Temple Balm

When I was a wee Muse, causing chaos in high school (not so much, we had nuns for teachers, wasn’t alot of chaos going on around us that’s for sure) my friends and I convinced ourselves that a temple balm by The Body Shop kept us awake, alert, and scoring A’s on our exams.

Don’t ask me the name of it because high school is simply too far back to remember but The Body Shop used to have this peppermint temple balm/cream. It came in a small pump and you’d pump a drop out and apply on your temples, behind your ears, and neck. Supposedly the peppermint kept you awake, alert, bright eyed, and bushy tailed. We all thought it was the rage, kinda like legal uppers for your mind. I doubt the damn thing worked but lord knows we convinced ourselves it did.

Speaking of……

Jump!

Lush Whoosh Temple Balm brings back memories. Lush has a long history with The Body Shop as you may know so I imagine Whoosh might be some sort of revamp of the product I’m talking about in this post. Lush claims that Whoosh Temple Balm will keep your mind bright and active, lord knows, after going to bed at 1 am and waking up at 5 am I need something to keep my brain bright and active.

Simply apply Whoosh to pulse points, wrists, necks, and temples and it will deliver a burst of lime, lemon and grapefruit to your inactive, sluggish mind and get it functioning proper-like again.

Skeptical but who am I to argue?

As I swear Badger Balm Headache Soother works like a charm!

Available from Lush.

• 7/29/10 11:11 electronicfly:

Omg Muse if that works, please DM me straight away on Twitter or something and I am going to get a whole CRATE over to Malaysia. I’m sure I’ll use at least one tin a fortnight.

• 7/29/10 11:24 the Muse:

LOL you got it electronic fly :-D

• 7/30/10 3:34 Stephanie:

I use the Origins Peace of Mind on-the-stop relief… thing… that comes in a little pump bottle. Not to keep my mind active, but to provide temporary relief for my headaches and it works a treat for that!

• 8/2/10 10:59 the Muse:

loves it steph! that stuff is sweet!

• 7/30/10 20:36 Lisa:

I totally had something like this from Origins! Now I’m all nostalgic… I might have to get some of this.

• 7/31/10 12:45 Robyn:

if it works even in the slightest im on it !

• 8/3/10 12:02 Kay:

I got this for free in a goodie bag a couple of months ago. Smells nice but I haven’t figured out if it actually wakes me up yet! Tend to use it on sluggish mornings and I do feel a bit of a boost :)

• 8/3/10 12:09 the Muse:

hehe kay :-D cool! even a little boost works for me :D

• 8/4/10 9:20 Kay:

I just wish Lush’s solid perfumes were the same consistency as this because it’s super easy to apply but the perfumes need blasting with a hairdryer before you get anything out of them!

• 8/4/10 11:49 the Muse:

solids never last on me sadly kay :(

• 8/4/10 15:39 Kay:

Aw noes :( Must admit mine is a bit temperamental! Sometimes I need to top up every hour or so and others it lasts all day. Might just get the spray next time :)

• 8/4/10 15:41 the Muse:

there liquid fragrance is incredible kay but I always have a prob with the solids le sigh. You’re lucky. my skin seems to SUCK it right in :P

• 9/26/10 1:36 neonpinksapphire:

you must tell me what site you watch to see all of this stuff. I thought you mentioned a few times the UK but I cannot find many of these “new” items and I would really love to get some..

• 9/27/10 9:19 the Muse:

hi neon any Lush site NA or UK should have whoosh available hope this helps!