Benefit Magic Ink

Benefit Magic Ink 2

Ahhh Benefit Magic Ink steps us into the first Fall 2010 release from the brand. Liquid liner junkies rejoice, a new precise liquid liner from your friends at Benefit.

Will you haul it?

Jump!

Sadly, I suck at liquid liner application and as much as I want to look all Katy Perry glamazon-like with the perfect winged eye…well, the chances of it happening are in the zero range.

Believe me I try but liquid liner is not my bestest friend in this makeup world.

But if you’re a fond fan you may think the sun rises on the new Benefit Magic Ink Jet Black Liquid Eyeliner. It’s a smudge-proof, non irritating formula with a super skinny applicator for precise lining. Go thin and sexy or thick and bold with a simple stroke of this ultra pigmented black as ink formula.

Benefit Magic Ink 1

I think I’ll skip or maybe I’ll win the eyeliner lottery and actually learn how to apply like a pro…if that happens I’ll get you a review up super right quickly.

Available now from www.benefitcosmetics.com

Whatcha think?

• 8/10/10 10:17 sillylilacs:

Haha, I’m not gonna lie, liquid liner is pretty hard >.< I don't like it especially for the hooded/monolid eyes as I literally have to close my eyes or at least open them only a sliver to let the liner dry!

But this seems to be another liquid liner out on the market. The inkwell reminds me of Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner (which is amazing btw) lol

• 8/10/10 10:38 the Muse:

damn straight lilac :-D I don’t even have monolids (which I think are hard to line as is) and still find it’s a bitch to apply. Asian girls with monolids are my heros when they apply flawless liquid liner! HOW do they do it!? ;-D

haven’t tried to revlon tbh. I avoid liquid, I just can’t work with it, I’m liable to poke an eyeball out!

• 8/10/10 10:55 sillylilacs:

haha =p I stick to felt tips pens or gel liners, very rarely will i use a liquid liner, I mean once you get the hang of it, it’s fine…I just don’t like waiting for it to dry lol toooo lazy

• 8/10/10 14:00 the Muse:

same here lilac one reason I mess up so much is b/c it stays wet so damn long!

• 8/10/10 10:35 Nia:

Dunno, they are all more or less the same to me. The only difference how you like to hold the applicator and how fast the ink dries.

So no, I think not. But I have high hopes for the MAC liners that come out with Fabulous Felines. They are said to be like the Lancome Art Liners and a lot of people love them.

• 8/10/10 10:37 the Muse:

nia I’m GAGGING for those liners :-D they have a gold one that’s so shimmer-y and delicious I must has it now please :D

• 8/10/10 10:57 Nia:

Oh, I am very much jonesing the dark-green one :D

Let’s make a deal, you get the gold one and I can haz the green one?! ;)

• 8/10/10 11:00 the Muse:

I haz the green and the gold Nia please? :-D haha!

• 8/10/10 10:42 Jessica:

How in the heck do you line the waterline with liquid liner like they’re saying?

Funny how they say it but then they don’t show you how to do it. :P

• 8/10/10 10:52 the Muse:

jessica honestly that scares the hell outta me LOL waterlining with pencil fine, but liquid?! OMG scary for some reason lol!

• 8/15/10 5:22 Miss Kitty:

the waterline is actually done with badgal waterproof, NOT magic ink!

• 8/10/10 10:50 Ashley:

I am absolutely horrid with liquid eyeliners! In both pen form or dip n’ pot!
    I like gel eyeliners better because they’re less wet & dry quicker. I have hooded eyes & oh does it grind my gears when liquid liner get on them cause it never dries fast enough! Way to ruin the rest of my eye make up you horrible black line of doom!

• 8/10/10 10:52 the Muse:

amen ashley. I can’t do them at all not pen or brush or any applicator. It just looks very weird on my eyes. I look WAY too made up.

• 8/10/10 10:57 sillylilacs:

Agreed =(

I tell myself not to open my eyes super quick, buuut I do it anyways >.<

• 8/10/10 14:00 the Muse:

LOL lilac. Yup. MESS!

• 8/10/10 13:05 peri:

liquid liner is easy for me…its pencil liner i have a problem with. it both frustrates, and makes no sense to me. pencils supposed to be easier! lol. i like the look of this…i might check it out…if they have more then just black.

• 8/10/10 13:24 the Muse:

peri exactly opposite here. Pencil is my bff :-D

• 8/10/10 13:10 tina:

2 things i love most! benefit and Liquid liner!

• 8/10/10 16:04 Tango:

Looks cool, but I didn’t really get into liquid liner until I discovered pens– I just feel like they’re easier to hold and control. I was hoping Benefit was going to do a brush-pen hybrid, like the Shu Uemura one.

• 8/10/10 16:27 the Muse:

tango same here, terrible with liquid myself :P def feel more in control with a pencil or a gel!

• 8/10/10 23:23 Betty:

I dunno Muse, this just seem like another typical, long wearing liquid liner to me. I failed to see what was so magic about it +.+

But I am on the hunt for the perfect liquid liner :)

• 8/11/10 9:54 the Muse:

oh betty I fail to see the magic either lol :-D but Benefit doesn’t have a ton of LL’s so I imagine it’s pretty magical for them lol! :-D I am too, but I think I might have run across a few already but I simply fail at application lol!

• 8/11/10 0:41 LorraineER:

I loove me some black liquid liner but what makes this one different..? Is it just that it’s benefit’s first liquid liner? I’m still looking for my perfect black liquid brush liner. I have been using L’oreal Liner Intense in Carbon Black with my own brush because theirs is too long and wide for my taste but finding one with a precise brush included would be better.

• 8/11/10 9:54 the Muse:

nada Lorraine :-D your typical run of the mill. I guess the applicator is a tad thinner than most but nothing major different from what I see. :D

• 8/11/10 3:49 Leah:

The devil in me wants you to try this out Muse… cos if you can do it, any of us can!!

This is surely quite similar to the Bad Gal liquid eyeliner they have? Maybs it was discontinued? I have it and try it occasionally when I’m feeling brave… usually end up wiping it all off though.

Katy Perry I curse you and your perfect liner!!

• 8/11/10 9:02 the Muse:

ha Leah :_D Seriously you want me to poke my eye out now or later? :-D!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea I remember that, jeepers I was thinking this was the 1st time benefit did a liquid liner, utterly forgot about bad gal. I don’t think it’s around anymore tbh. damn katy perry and dita von teese, they are perfectly winged :P!

• 8/11/10 19:58 Heather / Eyeconic:

I’m pretty bad with liquid liner, but Urban Decay’s is soooo easy to apply! I don’t know how they do it, but it’s amazing.

• 8/12/10 9:34 the Muse:

heather I stink even with UD :D

• 8/12/10 20:48 Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex:

I think I’ll stick with my Wet n Wild waterproof liquid liner. It works and it’s cheap. But I actually prefer the eyeliner marker type for doing winged liner–it’s so much easier to control than the brush kind.

And waterlining with liquid liner is a great recipe for a blotchy mess. I did it once for a film a friend was making, then put eye drops in my eye. Beautiful black tears everywhere :P

• 8/13/10 5:55 CedriceCCentriC:

Benefit and Dior are part of LVMH. So this is the same eyeliner as the one Dior makes, but with another print on the packaging.
    Badgal lash and Diorshow are also the same.
    Lazy LVMH! :-)

• 9/8/10 18:49 Calypso:

Cedrice — you have no idea how many client I tell that to and they don’t believe me. They swear Dior works better. Fine ladies, blow your money.