Gabourey Sidibe and Bobbi Brown Makeup Collection?

Gabourey Sidibe and Bobbi Brown Makeup Collection

Gabourey Sidibe and Bobbi Brown Sitting in a Tree, Not Kissing, But Creating a Makeup Collection?

Actress Gabourey Sidibe is rumored to have a cosmetic collection in the works simply because she showed up at a party…what? how? who?!  I want in on that party so me and Bobbi can meet, become best friends forever and ever, and have her do a Muse inspired makeup collection.  I dream about it every night.

Supposedly the actress was at the Bobbi Brown offices the day of the party, discussing the possibility of doing a color cosmetic collection. Bobbi Brown did Gabby’s make up for the Golden Globes as well recently.

Some reports are saying that they wouldn’t be surprised over the collaboration because of Bobbi’s preference for real-looking women and girls for her models but honestly I don’t think I’ve ever seen Bobbi Brown do a collaboration with anyone. Mind you I’m only a fan for a few years but I haven’t seen Bobbi hooking up with celebs in my years.

If this does happen, the good news, would be that Bobbi is definitely capturing a new audience as Gabby has a deeper skin tone which isn’t quite covered in the current Bobbi Brown range of shades.

What do you think of a Gabby/Bobbi collab?

Would you buy it?

If not Gabby which fresh faced celeb would you choose to grace the covers of the next Bobbi Brown Collection?

Share it!

Note: This is pure speculation, a Gabourey Sidibe and Bobbi Brown Makeup Collection is not confirmed by Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.

• 8/19/10 19:50 Ruth:

I think that would be wonderful. As a very fair skinned woman it’s easy for me to walk in any drug or department store and buy products for my skin tone and coloring easily. I have noticed many times that there is a lack of choice for women of dark to very dark skin tones, which is really sad, beauty comes in every color. I would love to see more cosmetics companies hire models of different ethnicities to represent them. Lets include everyone when it comes to beauty, from the palest to the darkest.

• 8/20/10 12:40 the Muse:

I agree Ruth :D

• 8/19/10 20:56 Tonya:

I like the idea, someone needs to give MAC a run for their money since it seems that they have the market for darker complexions covered. I love my MAC but would be open to other options, given the right price and performance.

• 8/20/10 11:05 the Muse:

tonya agreed :-D

• 8/19/10 22:19 LorraineER:

Gab’s makeup always looks really flattering and natural which is what comes to mind when I think of Bobbi Brown, so I could see that!

• 8/20/10 9:41 the Muse:

I’ve seen some good and bad looks on her Lorraine. She’s very young and I’ve seen some looks that are a little too old for her but some of her fresher looks are just lovely :-D! I think she’d totally rock a gold metallic look of some kind :D!

• 8/20/10 15:16 Charmaine:

Hi Iz!
    I think it’d be a great idea, ITA with what Ruth and Tonya said. And I just totally forgot the rest of what I wanted to say, lol
    (if I remember later I’ll post)
    love ya! *huggles*

• 8/20/10 15:42 the Muse:

LOL Char. You’re a nutter :-D xoxo!

• 8/20/10 18:02 Gina:

I agree with all the above, especially that someone needs to give MAC a run for their money. I am a few shades lighter than Gabbt and I love BB but there is not a real wide color selection here. But I love BB and all that I have from her I wear, I cannot say the same about all the MAC stuff I own.

• 8/23/10 20:00 the Muse:

gina really? I <3 MAC and BB but I've been kinda a convert to BB lately :) so maybe I can relate!