Justin Bieber The New Face of Proactiv

Justin Bieber Proactiv

I personally think they always get the most annoying celebs around to be the spokesperson for Proactiv. In keeping with tradition Proactiv has announced their latest irritating spokesperson….

Jump!

So yes Justin Bieber it is…..yay…look how excited I am. I swear I must be getting old when little tweens like Justin irritate the hell out of me, grumpy old lady here or chalk it up to the 9 Quotes I’ve Read from Justin, I don’t remember being this idiotic at his age but ok….I guess….

“I know that for a teenager, it doesn’t matter how many people are looking at you, you don’t want acne on your face,” Justin says. “I’m in the limelight all the time…I’m constantly doing interviews, constantly doing photo shoots and, you know, I’m determined to keep myself clear,” Bieber told People exclusively. “Using Proactiv will help that.”

According to the brand Justin has millions of fans of all ages……I’m thinking these fans fall into the realms of 10-14 but not above that but hey don’t quote me here. Honestly, I bet the market value sky rockets with him on board, that I am not doubting in the least. That one line about wanting his hormones to kick in has 12 year old’s squealing near and far!

As for me, I’m just hoping Justin’s 15 minutes will be over soon. I wince thinking of teen years and my Vanilla Ice and New Kids on the Block stages can you imagine thinking back on it and it being Justin Bieber, wince!

Ice, Ice Baby….Vanilla Ice, Ice Baby…..

• 8/9/10 10:09 makeup morsels:

hahahah I thought this was a joke at first. wow…don’t know what to say. I just went hauling at Watson’s! There were so many things I wanted, but I held off. Just got a few items from Majolica Majorca and KATE.

• 8/9/10 10:12 the Muse:

lol nope, it’s real makeup morsels *head desk* lol! Yayyyyy! sweet! Wish I could come :-D <3 watson's for carrying so many Japanese brands lately in 'pore!

• 8/9/10 10:47 Marina:

“In keeping with tradition…” I love you XD
    I don’t get the hype at all. Some of my friends even like him…When I went to Universal a couple weeks ago i saw at least ten Bieber shirts.
    I just don’t understand, but then again, I’ll look back at MY teenage years and see Linkin Park, Vanessa Carlton, Oingo Boingo, Tim Burton soundtracks (because I adore Danny Elfman), My Chemical Romance and Muse. So…who am I to judge?
    But I don’t think he’s talented, really. Once his voice changes, he’ll be history.

• 8/9/10 11:08 the Muse:

haha Marina, two words, jessica simpson :-D haha!

I guess the same considering my teen years consisted of crushing on Luke Perry, new kids, and Vanilla Ice LOL :-D he’s well on his way to his voice changing :D! did you watch the vid?

• 8/9/10 14:07 Marina:

No! I hadn’t but I just watched it XD LOL good luck Bieber…

• 8/9/10 14:09 the Muse:

HAHA marina how could you not watch it…I mean at the least you can get some great laughs out of it :D!

• 8/9/10 10:53 Tsahi baxter:

i’m with you on this one. he’s absolutely annoying, but maybe i’m too old to understand this bieber mania crap LOL.

• 8/9/10 11:07 the Muse:

tsahi I’m hopeful it’s not bc we are old but lord knows I find him irritating beyond belief!

• 8/9/10 11:18 ace:

NONONONONONONONO please no *wails pathetically*

• 8/9/10 11:23 the Muse:

lol ace!

• 8/9/10 14:50 ace:

:’(

• 8/9/10 11:54 electronicfly:

DO. NOT. LIKE!

• 8/9/10 11:56 the Muse:

haha electronicfly :-D tell me ’bout it. DNW at all :D

• 8/9/10 12:06 M:

Good God. We are being Bieber-bombed! My 11yr old cousin was soooo proud about her ‘I Love Bieber’ t-shirt, but I told her: When you grow up, you will SOOOOO regret this’.

• 8/9/10 12:13 the Muse:

LOL M! how mean of you to destroy her childhood, I’d help if you needed any? :-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8/9/10 23:50 M:

Lol, I’ll keep your offer in mind. She was kinda upset when I told her that, but I added, with sage-like wisdom (I lived through NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, Take That and am now in a K-pop phase…. at my age! Gasp!), that she will understand when she is much older. ;)

• 8/10/10 11:41 the Muse:

LOL no worries on K-Pop, at my age boy bands from korea and japan are an obsession, how crazieeeeeeeeeee lol! and I sit here judging justin bieber, I’m just as BAD as everyone else when it comes to Asian boy bands :-D

• 8/9/10 12:29 Nunu:

all I can say is…heaven help us!
    I wasn’t aware that Justin hit puberty yet…he sure doesn’t sound like he has any testosterone behind his voice! He sounds like a mix between the youngest Hanson brother and one of the Chipmunks.
    I thought they couldn’t do worse than Jessica Simpson xD

• 8/9/10 12:40 the Muse:

LOL amen nunu I thought Jessica Simpson was scraping the bottom but I guess you can go lower LOL!

• 8/9/10 13:23 JoElla:

shouldn’t one at least have their first pimple before honking a acne product?

• 8/9/10 13:24 the Muse:

LOL Joella :-D I’m sure he does but they cover it up lol!

• 8/9/10 13:58 chibicheeks:

funny story!

The first thing I do when I get home from class is turn on my computer and check my favorite blogs. I was reading through them and talking to my boyfriend on the phone when I saw your post.

“So apparently Justin Bieber is the new face of proactiv.”

“Oh, he finally hit puberty?”

lol. it made me giggle.

• 8/9/10 13:59 the Muse:

LOL chibi! smart man you got there :-D! LOL

• 8/9/10 14:54 violet:

what is this, a celebrity blog now? who cares…

• 8/9/10 15:49 the Muse:

hi violet,

it’s a blog about makeup, skincare, and anything else I choose to write about. If you’re a regular reader you probably noticed that one day I’m blogging Dior and the next day I’m reviewing an episode of Doctor Who, that’s what blogs are, personal web logs or web spaces.

Considering Proactiv is a skincare, this falls into the realms of what I normally blog about. If you don’t like the post, you can easily click out and explore something else on my site.

Hope this helps!

• 8/9/10 17:42 auroragyps:

Mmm, maybe that’s why he combs his hair over his forehead… he’s covering up all the pimples. I just thought he was practicing his comb over, for when he starts going bald.

Yeah, Bieber hurts my head, but I’m like WAY old (37). ;-)

• 8/9/10 18:10 the Muse:

like 37 is NOT way old auro :-D

• 8/10/10 1:10 kali:

LOL I’m so with you on this. It’s funny how you said that Proactive picks the most annoying celebs for their spokespeople -it’s so true!

I can’t stand this Justin kid. I honestly don’t even think he’s all that. I’m not hating, I’m just saying that there are more talented kids his age out there. His voice is way too (little) girlish and high pitched. I really wonder why of all people, Usher chose to “mentor” him -agh.. what a waste!! There are billions of singers on Youtube and he chooses Justin Beiber????!! What is wrong with this world??

And on top of all that, he looks like a girl. When will the hype over this kid stop??! And LOL at JoElla!!

• 8/10/10 9:14 the Muse:

amen kali! LOL. I’m not hating either, I just find him very irritating haha.

• 8/10/10 1:45 Sarah:

Whyyy?! Katy perrys commercial was bad! She was so awkward. I tried pro active and i had zits all the way through it and really badly when I stopped it. Apparently the active ingredient can even cause skin cancer.. Scary. I’m using a burts bees cleanser now, its much better.

As for Justin Beiber they’re acting on his fame. What little kid wouldn’t want to buy something promoted by him?

• 8/10/10 9:20 the Muse:

I agree Sarah. Katy is a cute, cute, cute girl but her commercial was really awkward and I did wonder why she bothered considering she’s doing very well and prob has her pick of endorsements.

• 8/10/10 17:39 kiwikiwidragon:

I be that cost them a pretty penny or a life time supply! LOL, whatever…I was never into boy bands (I’m 35) I have always been into other music , don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed pop music and still do ( I went to a Mili Vanili concert, don’t judge! LOL) He has a niche, and is cashing in on it, I don’t blame him). PPffhhttt…have you seen his Mom? she’s beautiful and young too! Meh, I can avoid him, no biggie.

• 8/11/10 16:47 the Muse:

ha kiwi yea! :_D mmm same here. Very much a strange music type of girl. I can listen to anything from classical to heavy metal go figure. LOL mili vanili? you corny girl hahahaha :-D you’re cute! really must go google his mum now LOL!

• 9/14/10 6:16 stef: