Musings of the Day: Can You Drink and Eat Yourself To a More Beautiful You?

Votre Vu SnapDragon Beauty Beverage1

Borba created an entire line of various skincare waters and powders to help enhance your skin and make it look flawless and beautiful. Heck, they even have a range of cookies that will do the trick!

Most recently Votre Vu has introduced its SnapDragon Beauty Beverage which contains an array of antioxidants that are not only good for you but also promise to give your skin a radiant, beautiful glow.

My question is how do you feel about drinking your skincare?

Or eating it for that matter?

Do you think it really works?

Jump!

I got a sample of Votre Vu SnapDragon Beauty Beverage but haven’t tried it yet and honestly, I’m pretty skeptical about drinking or eating anything to make my skin “perfect”. Granted, all these beverages appear safe and contain high doses of great antioxidants such as Pomegranate and other Acai berries but…I dunno. I don’t buy into the whole Acai deal.

Antioxidants WITHIN my products definitely seems to do something wonderful for my skin however ingesting it within drinks or foods with high doses….not so sure.

I guess I’m just of the mentality that I can go to Trader Joe and pick up some great, good for me fruits and call it a day and not depend on costly drink options to deliver mother nature to my body.

What do you think?

I guess if I had proof they actually worked I might consider it but for now I remain a skeptic and honestly even a little wary of trying them out!

Disclosure:

This review contains a sample product sent for consideration by PR.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 8/26/10 13:30 LU:

I mean it’d be like working for the inside out, it’d serve the same purpose as fruits and veggies except in a convenient little drink! I’m just not a fruit and veggie fan so this works for me!

• 8/26/10 13:31 the Muse:

LU I like fruits and I’m cool with veg :-D so I don’t mind eating those things to get my daily dose….I guess? I’m not sure how incredibly vibrant my skin would be after a few pints of this though!? I’m skeptical :D

• 8/26/10 13:52 dangster:

I’m a little skeptical too . . . I think I’ll stick to my green tea :)

• 8/26/10 13:54 the Muse:

hey dangster smart girl :-D!

• 8/26/10 14:40 astrorainfall:

I am skeptical about exotic antioxidants in drinks or products. I think a clean balanced diet helps you look beautiful.

• 8/26/10 14:42 the Muse:

smart girl astrorain ;-D I agree!

• 8/26/10 15:21 Coral:

I’d love it if there really were a drink or food that could make me have flawless skin. That would make it so much easier. Not that eating correctly doesn’t help your appearance, what you eat shows on your skin, but I don’t really believe in these super drinks promising so much.

• 8/27/10 9:07 the Muse:

me either coral. I’m very skeptical!

• 8/26/10 16:07 jenna:

i agree! eating and drinking lots of healthy stuff will make you look healthier on the outside over time, and therefore more beautiful. i think they are being tricky because they’re not lying exactly but you could also put a “beauty elixir” type label on a fresh pomegranate or jug of milk and it would be the same idea!!

• 8/26/10 16:12 the Muse:

jenna exactly :-D good stuff inside :D

• 8/26/10 18:04 Mi:

I think the idea is pretty fun! Regardless if it works or not, as long as it’s harmless…

• 8/26/10 22:25 electronicfly:

I would say yes, as you’re getting the good vitamins and all that, but I don’t believe in the “ONLY Brand Z’s product can make you beautiful” crap.

Loads of water, diet full of fruits and veges and ehough protein should beautify many peeps… if they can keep it up :P

I know for a fact that I don’t drink enough water. I tried for a while and my complexion did improve noticeably, but I couldn’t stand the constant looking for a water source and toilet -.-“

• 8/27/10 8:57 the Muse:

electronicfly wish I can incorporate more into my diet but water just makes me gag :P I try to get 8 in a day when possible but yak!

• 8/27/10 10:45 electronicfly:

Eat more fruits! 8 cups a day is actually already a lot, especially if you have a lot of fruits and vege in your diet. 6 cups would be fine actually, coz when they did the 8 cups thing they forgot that most of the liquid we consume comes from our food than our drinks.

Time to <3 watermelon! (Which, when spoken by a chinese who doesn't know english, translates to "wor de mei ren = my beautiful person" HAHAHAHHA)

• 8/30/10 15:59 the Muse:

hey electronicfly I never consider this tbh but I really should as I eat quite a fair bit of fruit during the day at work. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA love!

• 8/26/10 22:37 Phyrra:

I do sometimes drink vitamin water at work instead of cherry coke zero, but I like fresh fruits and veggies. Dunno, I’d probably try this at least once, depending on the calories.

• 8/27/10 11:44 Veronica Park:

That’s wise of you, Musy ~

My mother’s friend (nutritionist) said one of her projects back in school was to measure the amounts of antioxidants offered in fresh acai berries and pomegrenates..etcetera..

and she said that good old apple skin contains multiple times what it contained in the hyped up power fruits.

IMO, it’s much better to get your nutrients from fresh fruits anyways >>__<<.

• 8/27/10 12:50 the Muse:

ha veronica! so the acai rage is just a hype :-D you can get it all from a simple apple :D

• 9/3/10 21:04 shooshi:

I think what you put into your body does have an effect on your skin but not necessarily drinks that although seem fun to try probably won’t give you radiant skin we all crave for. ie: a diet high in fat and unhealthy foods could wreak havoc on your skin where as lots of fruits veggies and lean protein and staying hydrated will make your skin look better :)