Smashbox Soft Focus Powder Eyeliner

Do you know what this is?

Smashbox Soft Focus Powder Eyeliner 2

Jump!

If you guessed, chances are you looked in the post title. Cheater! No points for you!

If you didn’t guess allow me to give you the scoop.

It’s the new Smashbox Soft Focus Powder Eyeliner for the liquid eyeliner challenged (raises hand, meek voice, that would be me!).

It’s a powder eyeliner that gives a softer definition to your eyeliner. The powder allows for a softer, sultrier look than harsher pencils or liquid liners.

Smashbox Soft Focus Powder Eyeliner 4

Smashbox Soft Focus Powder Eyeliner 1

Me?

I just call it a cop out for those of us who can’t liquid liner worth a damn. This tip will make it easy to get an even straight line plus powder is hells alot more forgiving than liquid or cream.

I ordered me some on the double.

It’s available from www.qvc.com and won’t launch officially until March 2011 so you get to try out from the Q first for $19.98.

Whatcha think?

Power liner fans?!

• 8/24/10 11:37 rubysbeauty:

This looks intriguing! It also looks a little like a Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush loose powder shadow I’ve had. I would love to try some of this out if I can find it sometime.

• 8/24/10 11:41 the Muse:

ruby oh yes a bit like the loose powder shadow from VS :)

• 8/24/10 12:03 Bora:

Dupe from Boots No 7

They look mighty similar!

• 8/24/10 12:34 the Muse:

HA bora good freaking eye girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I need the Boots one ha! I have to email ya back chica sorry got swamped :D

• 8/25/10 0:10 Cynthia:

I noticed too, that it looked similar to the Boots. No.7 LE Smoky Liner… I placed an order yesterday for my niece to pick up (she lives in London), and I tried to order two of them, but it looks like they’re running out – would only let me order 1 online… might want to hurry if you want to haul it!

• 8/25/10 0:13 Cynthia:

Also, please review the Smashbox version… would love to read about it!

• 8/25/10 9:56 the Muse:

hey cynthia I asked a friend to grab it up for me :-D hope it’s good. def will be reviewing the smashbox one soon!

• 8/24/10 12:14 Caroline:

Did you mean March 2011? Also, is this supposed to be similar to the Guerlain Kohls that you put on your waterline? If not, I’m intrigued. If so, forget it. That Guerlain Kohl does not work for me!

• 8/24/10 12:30 the Muse:

Hi Carloline sorry I meant 2011, typo.

I don’t think Guerlain kohls are suitable for your waterline as they are powder….but yes basically the same concept. It’s a powder liner as is the Guerlain version. I haven’t tried them yet though.

• 8/24/10 14:56 Caroline:

Hey Muse,

There are several YouTube videos out there with the Guerlain kohls used on the waterline. And some swear by it. I could never get it to work for me though! I am really into eyeliner and really want to try one of these but I have a feeling it would be a waste of money for me! I get smudges easily, even with powder e/s unless I use it wet. Hmmm to try or not to try!

• 8/24/10 15:01 the Muse:

interesting caroline very interesting. I’d never use a powder on my waterline, I’d be all about getting irritated if I attempted it :D Honestly I’d not try on the waterline Caroline :P have you tried Korres eyeliners? Those are pretty nice on waterline, can’t confirm if they are safe but I’ve used them without irritation and they last pretty long :D

• 8/24/10 15:23 Caroline:

I have not used the Korres but I did see the sweet deal on the box o’liners you blogged about earlier!

• 8/24/10 15:30 the Muse:

he caroline that’s a sweet deal :-D btw don’t use the 30% off today it won’t work. they are doing 25% off with another code so if you want it use the code tomorrow, just thought I’d warn ya if you were going in for the haul!

• 8/24/10 13:27 Lady Gabby:

This looks awesome!! Too bad it’s not available for what seems like 100 years.

• 8/24/10 13:27 the Muse:

you can order online now Gabby :) so no need to wait!

• 8/24/10 14:10 LINDARRAGNAR:

this looks like the guerlain terracotta eyeliners!! which are amazing!! but tje tip[ looks a bit small

• 8/24/10 14:20 the Muse:

def a different tip linda but kinda the same idea! :D

• 8/24/10 14:18 Lady Gabby:

Aw. Wish I had a credit card. Do they accept PayPal?

• 8/25/10 10:03 the Muse:

afraid not lady gabby sorry hun :(

• 8/24/10 14:36 JoElla:

Dang Bora good eye!

I saw this and was quasi curious until I realized I use eye shadows for liners all the time.

But I can’t wait to hear reviews on this goodie!

• 8/24/10 15:04 the Muse:

i ordered jo *wink*

• 8/24/10 15:43 tina:

want! I always need eyeliner!

• 8/24/10 18:10 Janine:

Rimmel has a similar one, so does Loreal HIP (though slightly different applicators). I have had great luck using them on the waterline; better than pencul. No irritation for me and I am a contacts wearer. Richer color payoff and staying power than any pencil (even UD!!)

• 8/25/10 13:42 the Muse:

hey janine never tried the rimmel one nor knew about it till just now :-D def won’t attempt the waterline with powder though…I’m not sensitive but can see myself having water eye syndrome if I tried!

• 8/24/10 21:30 Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex:

This definitely reminds me of the Guerlain kohls and L’Oreal HiP loose kohls! I have the L’Oreal and have used it as a liner and waterliner, and it’s kind of a mess. I’m sticking w/pencil, gel/cream, and marker liners!

• 8/25/10 13:41 the Muse:

I kinda dig the HIP ones Marilyn :D

• 8/25/10 11:20 Leah:

Oh I am sooooo pillaging the Boots version this weekend… WANT!

• 8/25/10 11:26 the Muse:

leah tell us how it is :-D

• 8/25/10 12:48 Dina:

I’m guessing the boots liner isn’t anywhere in the US!?

• 8/25/10 13:08 the Muse:

dina target might get it as target carries Boots :)

• 8/25/10 17:22 Robyn:

powder eyeliner ? one could use small brush and eyeshadow/pigment ? no ?

• 8/27/10 9:12 the Muse:

sure robyn def :-D

• 9/27/10 16:32 Bunny Masseuse:

I have to admit, like many of the reviewers on QVC I found it to dry and “powder” up on my lower eye as it dries (even with light application), and since it’s supposed to have long staying power that means it makes it harder to remove when it “flakes” all over you.

• 9/27/10 16:45 the Muse:

damn wish I heard before I ordered Bunny. I haven’t tried mine yet, still in the box, but maybe I need to return :D