Stila Trendsetting In Tokyo Palette: Stila Travel Girls Trendsetting in Tokyo Palette

Stila Trendsetting In Tokyo Palette 2010

All aboard!

The Stila Travel Girls have made their way across the USA and into Europe to take on Paris and now they are hitting Tokyo! Urban Outfitters already has the new Stila Trendsetting In Tokyo Palette available for purchase!

Jump!

Sadly, Urban Outfitters have failed to say what exactly the shades are in the palette but at least we can get our first glimpse of the new palette that I didn’t think we’d see until the Holidays.

Update:

Thanks to Danielle for filling us in on the colors.

Here is Trendsetting:

Stila Eye Shadows

• Sake (beige with shimmer)
  • Kawai (pink)
  • Shibuya (blue)
  • Peace Sign (black).

Stila Convertible Color in Sakura (LE Shade)

So far, I’m a tad disappointed as I had hoped that Tokyo would have some great shades however the shades look a tad difficult to work with plus the pink seems to be very similar to what was released in the US palette.

Stila Trendsetting In Tokyo Palette2

Stila Trendsetting In Tokyo Palette1

But I will not rant as the cute factor and the $10 price tag keeps me as happy as a clam. I will, of course, be hauling this one. My review on Paris is upcoming shortly as well.

What do you think of Trendetting in Tokyo?

Excited?

Not so much?

Share it!

• 8/4/10 10:09 Marina:

I’m not too keen on the colors, either. That blue looks like a nightmare for gals with dark circles…I like the tan color, though.

• 8/4/10 11:47 the Muse:

yeah marina :( even sans dark circles the palette is simply uneventful!

• 8/4/10 10:29 laura r:

i was so excited by the concept of multiple $10 Stila palettes for travel, but based on reviews, so far they don’t seem that great.

i’m probably going to pick up the parisian one at some point (i love the colour scheme and packaging!) but i might wait and see what the remaining 2 look like first.

this is cute but not colours i wear on my eyes very much. very Harajuku.

• 8/4/10 11:49 the Muse:

laura so far, trying the one, I wasn’t too impressed, we’ll see what Paris brings but I feear it’ll be much the same. I guess the novelty is the packaging. Gosh did you get harajuku from it? I really didn’t, wish I did!

• 8/4/10 11:41 Amina:

well I ended giving in and got the stila paris…but this one honestly the eyeshadows are really a fail.. I don’t feel like they’re unique.
    I was hoping that the Tokyo one will be very edgy, colorful..I mean isn’t Tokyo the mecca of edgy fashion???

• 8/4/10 11:48 the Muse:

me either amina plus they look difficult to combine sigh. I was hopeful tokyo would have some edge as well but meh!

• 8/4/10 13:29 laura r:

amina, how do you ike the Paris palette?

• 8/4/10 14:58 Amina:

girl, it was shipped today. I really bought it for the packaging..the purples look nice but i have better ones..
        i’ll play with it once i get it and come back with a revised comment :)

• 8/4/10 12:38 dina:

liking this one more than the other two :) def picking it up!

• 8/4/10 14:19 auroragyps:

I’m tired of seeing Tokyo/Japan themed makeup sets that always have bright blue, pink, and black shadows. I know they wear some bright & fun stuff over there, but they must wear more colors on their eyes than just those.

• 8/4/10 14:47 Connie:

Definitely don’t think trendsetting in Tokyo when I look at this palette. I actually like the baby pink blush but am wary of the eyeshadows. I think I’d love it more if the blue was a teal color.

• 8/4/10 14:56 Mishy:

The Tokyo palette totally failed! The combination is hard to work with. Oh, and what is the freakin’ difference between this and their Noir palette?

• 8/4/10 15:15 the Muse:

mmm mishy now that I think about it, yes, very Noir-like! I agree, combos are WAY too hard to work with. Blue and Pink? I’ll still buy it for the cute factor and the collect ‘em all disease but the color combos def a fail!

• 8/4/10 15:55 carlie:

Unfortunately, they want 10$ to ship.. I’ll get it either from stila or sephora :)

• 8/4/10 15:55 the Muse:

ya carlie was looking for a coupon but no luck aside from 10% off :P

• 8/4/10 17:46 Lenna:

I need that. And the Paris one too. But that blue…meh, I’ll never use that. Oh well.

• 8/4/10 18:35 Mara:

I’m a little wary when makeup companies sell palettes dirt cheap. They have to make money somehow and the easiest way is to scrimp on quality. How do the e/s shades in this palette compare to their standard e/s?

Also, I don’t like that the convertible blush is side by side with the e/s. In my experience, it often results in a messy/unsightly cross product transfer.

• 8/5/10 9:46 the Muse:

hi mara read my review on the US palette, pretty much breaks it all down :)

• 8/4/10 20:42 Sarah:

I still haven’t gotten the last one that was released yet, don’t really like the colors but I have too… for collectabillity.

• 8/4/10 21:31 Dana C:

It does look difficult to work with but for $10 I think I might try it!

• 8/5/10 0:01 the Muse:

same here dana :D

• 8/5/10 0:15 kiwikiwidragon:

yippe! going to sephora friday! VIB get a goodie bag with an email or online!! plus a have my 10% welcome offer!! WOOT!!!!

its orlando, who else is gonna be there?

• 8/5/10 9:40 the Muse:

yayyyyyy kiwi! nice one! enjoy! come back gimme the haul details!

• 8/5/10 1:19 chibicheeks:

I got the USA one and I agree that the eyeshadows aren’t up to par, but I did like the blush! Plus with all the novelty of cute palettes with nice price tags gives me Pokemon syndrome. Gotta catch ‘em all!

• 8/5/10 9:00 the Muse:

chib totally agree with every word you typed. the novelty along makes me want ‘em all!

• 8/5/10 11:03 Danielle:

I am totally going to get them all–though I wasn’t thrilled at the Tokyo eye colors. The converitble color alone makes this worth every penny–if you like the convertibles colors. Plus I agree in collecting them…too cute!

• 8/5/10 11:45 the Muse:

same same danielle the novelty is worth it totallyyyyyyy!

• 8/5/10 8:54 Rain:

i love stila but i feel they could’ve done a better job…the colors look genetic to me…

• 8/5/10 11:02 Danielle:

Ulta.com has a description for this palette, though they do not offer it yet. They also have descriptions for the remaining two if you want a sneak peak…under product details for the Travel Palettes.

Here is Trendsetting:
    The Trendsetting in Tokyo palette includes: Stila’s award-winning eye shadows in 4 trend-setting shades: Sake (beige with shimmer), Kawai (pink), Shibuya (blue) and Peace Sign (black). The palette also includes Convertible Color in “Sakura”, a limited edition shade.

• 8/5/10 12:16 the Muse:

yay thanks danielle you’re awesome!!!!!!!

• 8/5/10 18:32 Julia: