Estee Lauder Holiday Collection 2010 Estee Lauder Pure Color Extravagant Collection by Tom Pecheux

Estee Lauder Pure Color Extravagant Collection by Tom Pecheux

Everyday I thank the Makeup Gods for blessing us with Tom Pecheux. Since filling the Estee Lauder Creative Makeup Director position, Tom Pecheux has taken the brand, in my opinion, to the next level.

It’s ok, you can admit it, you probably feel like Estee Lauder leans more towards your grandmother’s style makeup right? Hey, I’m there with you. Estee Lauder definitely has a mature audience and hasn’t really ventured past that for many years.

With Tom Pecheux filling the creative director chair at Estee Lauder the brand has started to have a more universal appeal. Collections and colors are becoming more and more interesting and with time I imagine and patience plus more releases like we’ve been seeing as of late, Estee Lauder will not longer be associated with your great aunts and grandmothers.

This proves true with a very interesting limited edition collection Estee Lauder Pure Color Extravagant Collection by Tom Pecheux that releases with the Estee Lauder Holiday Collection 2010 this year.

Jump!

As you can see from the right side of the stock image Estee Lauder keeps its roots in the realm of a more subdued natural, nude look however on the left side is festive selection of glistening metallics in vivid shades of red and berry. If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been searching for that perfect shade of red eye shadow your entire life. The red shade in this palette looks gorgeous but I’ll need to inspect and explore a little more when it launches.

I sadly do not have prices, a release date, or product info but as soon as I know, I’ll post.

For now feel free to blather on about how you feel about this release!

Have you consumed today’s subdaily ?

source

• 9/22/10 13:10 Caroline:

Hmm I wonder if they are going to stop doing the LE refillable compacts for powder? Have you seen any word of those for BCA or holidays?

• 9/22/10 13:20 the Muse:

haven’t heard yet caroline but will let you know ;-D

• 9/23/10 0:20 Nina:

I thought the red one was an eyeshadow palette, too, but then in a recent mag I read that it is a lipstick palette! Can’t remember which one….maybe Allure? Funny, that it would be designed like his other shadow quints, to just throw us a loop. :P Maybe I’m losing my mind…..?

• 9/23/10 10:14 the Muse:

nina totally slayed! I thought it was shadow! i was all about it! damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D

• 9/23/10 1:11 Nina:

Found it: People Style Watch, latest issue, with Jen Aniston on cover, calls it Tom Pecheux Pure Color Lip Palette in Extravagant.

• 9/23/10 10:12 the Muse:

shot nina you slayed me. I thought it was a shadow palette damn!

• 9/24/10 5:30 Kerri:

napoleon perdis have a very bright red eyeshadow… i often look at it and think it’s amazing, but i doubt very much that my fair complexion could carry it off. am wondering if it’s possible to carry off a red eyeshadow for an ‘everyday look’??

• 9/24/10 12:24 the Muse:

gosh for an everyday look good question kerri ;-D prob not!

• 9/26/10 8:31 Wendy:

Well, I a big Estee Lauder fan, yes, I’m 48 and have been using Estee since 1990 – LOL! So I guess I qualify for that more mature audience, but I do own over 125 MAC eyeshadows so while mature, still LOVE color! Loved the Blue Dahlia collection, but this particular Estee Collection looks BORING! I’m gonna pass! :)

• 9/27/10 13:30 the Muse:

Awesome Wendy ;-D EL really has stepped up there game imho! I like this collection, looks interesting but than I finally realized, doh, that’s a lip palette, and now I’m kinda meh about it.

damn! :(

sad sigh!

• 9/26/10 8:32 Wendy:

Oh and yeah the red one does look like a lip pallette, you can see the lip brushes are different from the eyeshadow brushes in the other one.

• 9/28/10 10:09 shilpa:

Its my first time here and I must say that I am addicted to your blog. Well, just like many people I thought the red palette was an eyeshadow palette too. I was initially interested in this collection but have you seen the Estee lauder makeup artist professional colour (yes im from uk!) collection 2010? That one is gorg.

• 9/28/10 11:28 the Muse:

aw jeez shilpa thanks! so glad you’re enjoying yourself ;-D hugs! No!? Do share! I haven’t seen ;-D I seen the Coach Collab did you see that yet? So gorg :D

• 9/28/10 17:13 Wendy:

I haven’t seen it – where can I see it? Got a link? You know I’ve gotta have it, right? LOL

• 9/29/10 10:04 the Muse:

it’s not available yet Wendy. late November early December hun :)

• 2/14/11 6:07 DivaEC:

I have never really liked Estee Lauder makeup for this very reason…..it seemed to mature for me. I liked the skincare but not the makeup. This Pure Color is really beautiful though. Loves it!