Lush Rub Rub Rub in a Pot New Packaging

I’m sitting here this morning watching Wil Wheaton do his rendition of the Old Spice commercial and loving it. It’s the little things that make me happy people.

Anyway.

Off the topic of geeks….

Anyone see the new Lush Rub Rub Rub?

Here’s the deal, I’ve never been a fan of Rub Rub Rub. At first I loved it, simply because it smelled like my beloved Sakura but later in life I got irritated with it’s grainy texture in a bottle. The packaging just threw me for a curve for some reason. An exfoliating shower gel in a bottle never truly felt right to me.

Anyone feel that way too?

No worries, now Rub Rub Rub is in a brand new format so maybe I can love it again!

Lush Rub Rub Rub Bottle

Check it out.

So now Lush Rub Rub Rub comes in a pot a la Big Shampoo. Cool eh? I dunno why but this makes me happy. Perhaps because now it’ll be easier to use on my hair? Perhaps because the grainy bits just felt like they needed to be housed in a pot?

Whatever the case may be I likey and embrace the new packaging! I know it might be considered cumbersome, perhaps a bit of a pain to use in the shower, but I think it’s better than a bottle any day!

If you haven’t tried it, it sports the same scent as Sakura Bath Bomb with a dash of lemon juice, tropical mimosa blossom, and plenty of sea salt to soften your skin and scalp while giving your hair added volume.

Lush Rub Rub Rub in a Pot New Packaging

Do you like Lush Rub Rub Rub?

Love the new packaging?

Share it!

• 9/28/10 12:33 Stephanie:

That was a great move on Lush’s part. RRR definitely is better housed in a tub!

• 9/28/10 12:51 the Muse:

Stephanie AMEN someone who agrees! I could french kiss u right now!

LOL!

seriously I HATED the bottle. All the damn salt would fall to the bottom, the product was runny as hell! UGH I loved to hate it.

• 9/28/10 13:27 Heather:

You know I find the product to be a little more moisturizing as well. Maybe it’s me. But I will say that they changed the bottling because of the separation. I have found that all my shower gels separate for the exception of Happy Hippie. I wish they would do this for all their gels since you can bring back pots for masks! :)

I got my mom addicted to your site. She and her friends at work were mesmerized by LUSH’s Christmas stuff!

• 9/28/10 13:30 the Muse:

hey heather wow thanks ;-D for hooking your mum and friends up on Musings. So flattered. ;-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I dunno if I’d love a shower gel in a pot tbh but since this is a scrubby one I’m cool with it but I totally agree, they separate madly particularly snow fairy, it gets all gross and needs to be shaken up also Ghost is prone to this.

UGH!

• 9/28/10 23:36 Ricci:

I dunno.. this way the water will slide down your arm into the pot while you are getting more of it.. I rather have the bottle, but thats me. I love RRR I am almost out of mine!

• 9/29/10 9:52 the Muse:

ricci I normally keep a little washcloth in the shower with me so I can wipe off my hands prior to dipping in :)

• 9/29/10 18:12 Ricci:

Ah Muse! Thank u for the tip.. no idea why I hadn’t thought of that, I do use one for my body.

• 9/30/10 9:30 the Muse:

my pleasure ricci ;-D

• 10/6/10 19:16 Eileen:

Yayyy! Ordered me some rub rub rub now that it’s in a tub tub tub ….

• 10/7/10 11:35 the Muse: