My $25 Buck Laura Mercier Fall FOTD

Laura Mercier 2

Not quite Fall yet but I’m already diving into warmer shades of color. How about you? Urban Decay’s Naked Palette is going to come in quite handy as soon as the cooler weather starts in.

This morning, I decided to give my face and eyes a bit of Fall. I snagged three Laura Mercier products on sale recently, they set me back, mmmm ’bout $26 bucks so it was a steal considering how costly Laura’s cosmetics are. I used a liner, shadow, and a blush to do up the look and added lipstick and gloss from my stash.

Jump!

Pretty basic look.

Here’s the deets.

I started with Laura Mercier Brilliant Eyeliner in Golden. This is a warm, golden bronze. I didn’t like it as a liner so I simply lined my lower lash line and proceeded to pull it up onto my lid and blended it out, covering my entire lid with the shade as a base. I topped it with Laura Mercier Eye Color in Temptation, another item I wasn’t too pleased with because of the blah shade of chocolate it was but using Golden as a base created a more subdued shade of brown that accentuated my eyes pretty nicely. I simply blended this onto my lid and pulled upwards into my crease. I finished up with a dash of Laura Mercier Face Tint in Apricot which is a rather loud shade of orange-y coral in the pot but gives cheeks a very subtle warm peach finish.

Laura Mercier 3

Laura Mercier 4

Laura Mercier 5

Laura Mercier 8

Laura Mercier 10

Laura Mercier 6

Laura Mercier 7

Laura Mercier 11

And done!

I hauled out some of the items from Isadora Fall 2009 for my lips.

I thought it came out pretty nicely particularly because I hated the shadow and liner upon getting it and felt they didn’t work. Combined though, I really liked the outcome.

018

021

The entire look set me back $26 and some change thanks to Beauty Ticket having 25% Off Laura Mercier items (promo code LAURA25).

Not bad for my first Fall look of the season.

How about you?

Sportin’ any warm shades yet?

Still in Summer mode?

Share it!

Been a while since I did a FOTD (Face of the Day) around here so thought I’d share my Fall look!

Disclosure:

This product was purchased by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 9/8/10 11:10 jonnie:

Pretty! :)

I’m dying for fall… I want to wear my boots and I’m itching to really dig into the Naked pallette and wear my black maple lipstick!

• 9/8/10 11:14 the Muse:

ha jonnie me too!!!!!!! I can’t wait for comfy sweaters and boots!!!!!!

• 9/8/10 11:15 Charlene J.:

Very pretty, Muse!!! Very Fall-ish! I love the eyes especially! (:

Too bad that Singapore’s summer all year round! It’ll be fun to match looks with seasons!

• 9/8/10 11:24 the Muse:

thanks charlene! :-D xoxo! aw! damn! singapore is STEAMING!

• 9/8/10 11:24 HautePJ:

Lovely! I think the Golden base really makes it pop. :)

• 9/8/10 11:26 the Muse:

aw thanks pj. both shadow and liner suck on their own imho but together they seem to rock it!

• 9/8/10 11:43 Angela:

Super pretty!

• 9/8/10 11:49 the Muse:

thanks angela :-D you’re too kind!

• 9/8/10 12:13 Missy:

Gorgeous look! Your eyes look amazing in fall colors. I must confess, I use fall colors all year round – I’m a brown-eyed girl too :)

• 9/8/10 12:40 the Muse:

thanks missy! xoxo! I tend to haul our browns for Fall but I really should wear ‘em year round too, very flattering on my brow eyes too!

• 9/8/10 19:40 Lisa:

Love the look! You look very pretty with that color shadow! =) Yay for fall colors.

• 9/9/10 10:00 the Muse:

thanks lisa! yesssssssssss love Fall!

• 9/9/10 11:54 Stavroula Plag:

That looks very pretty! :)

• 9/9/10 13:14 the Muse:

thanks stav!

• 9/10/10 11:15 Miss D:

Wow…your complexion looks amazing here. And your eyelashes and eyebrows are so nice. Very pretty indeed! :)

• 9/10/10 11:17 the Muse:

aw thanks miss d you’re too kind!

• 9/17/10 4:49 Z:

these products were amazing on you!!!

i didn’t haul from beautyticket cuz i didn’t want to pay shipping..haahaa.

but, you looked amazing!! i especially love the shadow!

• 9/17/10 13:13 the Muse:

aw thanks Z! You’re too kind! I know I HATE the shipping LOL I’m so cheap when it comes to online shipping :-D

Thanks so much xoxo!