Smashbox Holiday Collection 2010 Smashbox Wish Holiday Collection 2010 Smashbox Burlesque Beauty Collection

Smashbox Holiday Collection 2010

Anyone remember the Smashbox Wish Holiday Collection from last year?

Looks like Smashbox has revived it and is re-releasing it this year with new shades.

Last year Smashbox donated $1 from every purchase of the Wish Holiday Collection to the Children’s Miracle Network which is a non-profit organization that provides medical care, lifesaving research, and on-going education to sick and injured children. I’m not sure if this year’s collection will feature the same charity event but I imagine it will.

One thing that did capture my eye was the new Smashbox Burlesque Beauty Collection which is a four piece set that isn’t part of the Wish theme. It looks cute and I’m somewhat hopeful it might lead to other color releases or a possible Burlesque Color Collection of some sort.

There’s also Smashbox The Gold List which is a value set that includes some interesting golden themed makeup products for the Holiday!

Jump ahead!

Smashbox Burlesque Beauty Collection $35
Includes:

• Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen in Jet Black
  • Smashbox Double-Ended Lip Gloss in Peep and Show
  • Smashbox Shadow and Liner Quad in Risque (shimmering pink, deep eggplant, shimmering pink beige, and cool gray)
  • Smashbox Loose Shimmer powder in Burlesque (golden pink)

Smashbox Burlesque Beauty Collection

Smashbox The Gold List $49
Includes:

• Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Luminzing Foundation Primer
  • Smashbox O-Gloss Gold
  • Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
  • Gold Metallic Cosmetic Case

Smashbox the gold list

Smashbox Wish For The Perfect Pout $29
Includes:

• 2 Regular Size Smashbox Lip Glosses in Luster (sheer golden pink) and Candid (pink with gold shimmer)
  • 4 Mini Smashbox Lip Glosses in Radiant (shimmering pink plum), Baby Pout (a sheer and shimmering version of Pout), Ecstasy (shimmering blackberry), and Divine (golden nude).

Smashbox Holiday Collection 2010 2

Smashbox Wish For The Perfect Pencils $16
Includes:

• Smashbox Limitless Eye Liners in Onyx, Orchid, Graphite, and 14K

Smashbox Holiday Collection 2010 1

Smashbox Eye Wish Palette $45
Includes:

• 12 Smashbox Eyeshadows in champagne, soft gray, matte bone, ballet pink, shimmering bronze, mauve, aqua, cool gray, warm brown, eggplant, deep teal, and charcoal
  • 4 Smashbox Cream Eyeliners in dark brown, black violet, blue-black, and gunmetal
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer Mini
  • Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara Mini

Smashbox Holiday Collection 2010 31

Burlesque Beauty looks very cute but I only like the shadow quad, the other items I could possibly do without. Also did you notice that Smashbox O-Gloss Gold is included in the Gold List Gift Set! I’m not a fan of O-Gloss but a Gold version sounds awesome doesn’t it?

On the downside, I must admit I am every so slightly disappointed in the “Wish” items as they are a rehash with new shades and colors but still it feels like a bit of a rerun. Sad sigh. For those who didn’t haul last year or newbies to Smashbox, I imagine this is an exciting release of great sets but for those who already follow the brand, you may feel a little saddened.

What do you think?

Anything capture your fancy?

Share it!

• 9/22/10 12:34 ☆Lola A♏ ★:

I like the lip glosses and the Eye Wish palette, but I’ve read several negative reviews about their shadow pigments lacking.

• 9/22/10 12:44 the Muse:

lola I heard the same about the eye wish palette. I didn’t haul last year’s or the prior use when they had a blockbuster style palette b/c of this. I’ve heard the formula is a tad different compared to other Smashbox shadows.

But one can hope it’s awesome eh? :D

• 9/22/10 13:04 ☆Lola A♏ ★:

well, it looks awesome,lol

• 9/22/10 13:20 the Muse:

at the very least lola ;-D

• 9/22/10 12:52 Laci:

I love Smashbox and I “accidentally” bought the Burlesque kit today. I won’t use the liquid liner (I’m a pencil/gel kinda girl), but I’ll use everything else.

I really, really wish (ha!) that they’ll release the O-Gloss Gold by itself. I have the regular one and Noir and love them dearly.

• 9/22/10 13:21 the Muse:

Laci I bet they’ll do o-gloss gold on its own ;-D I haven’t a doubt! Noir didn’t work out so well for me but I’m all about the gold!!!!!!!! tell us how the Burlesque set turns out? Curious and so jealous!

• 9/22/10 13:59 Laci:

On me, the Noir is a very pretty berry color. I was very happy about that! It scared the bejeezus out of me when it came out of the tube. LOL

I’ll definitely report back on the Burlesque kit. The e/s colors look sooo pretty!!

• 9/22/10 14:07 the Muse:

i can’t wait to hear laci ;-D!

• 9/22/10 22:42 dina:

agree with your opinion on all counts, i have the wish palette from last year & its pretty disappointing. burlesque quad & o gold look interesting to me too :)

• 9/23/10 10:28 the Muse:

dina I thought so…mmm smashbox has some nice products but they need to really work at stuff sometimes as they screw up a little from time to time but yeah burlesque quad love but not interested in the other stuff?! so random what’s in the set and doesn’t match anything else?!

• 9/22/10 23:09 Jeanie:

Wish for the Perfect Pout looks quite good but looking carefully, they had luster and radiant in last year’s set and i’ve got a full size baby pout from a previous purchase >< but it's such a good deal!

interested to see how O-Glow looks like too!

• 9/23/10 12:56 the Muse:

jeanie thanks! I was too lazy too look back ;-D that helps hehe! sheesh wish it was new shades completely. I am too, gold sounds gorg!

• 9/23/10 12:11 telle:

OMG! I loves this! YAY! I actually want all the items, especially O gloss Gold?!?! WOW! YAY! Thanks for sharing Muse! You’ve made my day!
    Do you know where these will all be available? Will this full line be available at Sephora?

• 9/23/10 12:47 the Muse:

ha telle my pleasure ;-D it already is at Sephora. online anyway not store yet :D but I imagine store very shortly. perhaps by beginning of October!