Urban Decay The Black Palette

Rihanna you’re a beautiful, talented girl but I don’t consider you a rock star sweetheart. My version of rock star leans towards:

But hey, you get props for Slash girl!

Baby, I’m gonna rock you like a hurricane when you see the new Urban Decay The Black Palette.

Maybe we need it so we can be rock stars…..in my dreams with a little help from the palette….we’ll see, could happen.

Jump!

Available for a limited time the Urban Decay Black Palette is $36 and features six shades of Urban Eyeshadow in in Black Dog (richest matte black), Barracuda (black with silver sparkly shift), Jet (black with purple sparkly shift), Sabbath (black with blue sparkly shift), Cobra (black with golden sparkly shift), Libertine (black with emerald sparkly shift) plus Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero and a Mini Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.

Urban Decay the Black Palette

You gotta remember the shadows are all a black base so you could have a potential Bobbi Brown Black Velvet experience on your hands here. If you ROCK the dark shades it’s an ideal palette, Joan Jett anyone? Just not Little J please, for the love of the Makeup Gods, k?

Available now at Sephora.

Are you hauling?

• 9/8/10 12:45 Marina:

As much as I love Joan Jett and her look–this is not for me. I’m only interested in Libertine and Cobra…not worth it :( It’s a good idea, I guess, if you need some good, dramatic crease colors, but I could never really wear these all over the lid due to probably fallout, my light skin tone, and dark circles.

• 9/8/10 13:01 the Muse:

same here Marina. dark circles, age (fine lines), and just can’t pull off darker shades that well. I do an ok smokey eye with black all over lid but doubt I can pull off an entire palette’s worth daily :D

• 9/8/10 13:05 Marina:

And now the bloody song by Rhianna is stuck in my head XD It’s terrible!

• 9/8/10 13:17 the Muse:

ha that’s the point Marina! :D ear worm!

• 9/8/10 13:01 peri:

it looks pretty. id have to see it in person though.

• 9/8/10 13:01 Shamini:

I think I might be hauling once my bank account has a refill. There’s a few things I’m getting from Sephora anyhow, and I tend to “throw things in there” when I’m first at it.. *smirk* ;)

• 9/8/10 13:03 the Muse:

ha shamini I know that feeling well! throwing things around ;-D

• 9/8/10 18:08 jonnie:

I just saw this earlier and was hoping you’d review it… any chance of swatches or is this a definite no for you? This is definitely not an every day thing, but I’m interested, but also afraid of a Bobbi Brown mostly-black thing. Maybe I should see if UD swatched on their Facebook page…

On the rock front… did you see the MUFE Rock For Ever Aqua Eyes set? I’m intrigued with that one too…

• 9/9/10 13:48 the Muse:

maybe a review jonnie? debating :-D I seen swatches on their FB and was surprised not nearly as black as I was thinking ;-D ha great minds,. yes seen ‘em and posted about them yesterday afternoon (it went live in the evening).

• 9/9/10 0:08 Becky:

I’ve been excited for this once I saw the buzz on facebook aaaaannnndddd once I saw it was on Sephora today, I gave in and ordered it. I’m all about dark and smokey eyes! Which means I am now officially broke after buying the BOS III yesterday. LOL

• 9/9/10 13:43 the Muse:

ha becky damn girl you’re fast :-D hehe! You’re set for Fall! ready to rock!

• 9/9/10 9:36 Kay:

I was totally prepared to forsake all others for the Naked palette but the packaging on this is so gorgeous I might just end up adding it to my collection :P I don’t have enough ddddaaaarrrk shadows I feel!

• 9/9/10 10:45 the Muse:

kay I’m debating at the moment myself :D but not sure it’s me!

• 9/9/10 12:06 Adora:

Im dissapointed with the packaging but Im looking foreward to seeing the pallate in person as the shades sound interesting. Im always doing smokey eyes but Im not sure weather the colours are worth it as they are described as black with coloured undertones but look like pure dark shades. Anyone else agree?

• 9/9/10 13:13 the Muse:

adora good news the shades come across very true to form. I was looking at swatches and they are indeed blackened shades but they do come across as green, purple, etc…just darker than the norm obviously :)

• 9/9/10 13:44 Adora:

Thanx muse! Im definatley gonna buy, bull Ill probrebly end up customizing the palatte. Im suprized Urban Decay didnt wow me this time, isnt rock and roll what their suppost to be made of?

• 9/9/10 14:29 the Muse:

my pleasure adora :-D mmmmm I dunno if I’m wow’ed either…but def excited for BOS3 at least!

• 9/9/10 12:31 Charlene J.:

This palette’s too ‘emo/ moody’ for me. : Yay for my pocket! Heh.

• 9/9/10 12:32 the Muse:

lol charlene :-D money saved for UD V3?! :D

• 9/9/10 17:46 Charlene J.:

Omg, Muse! It won’t be coming to Singapore! ): But a friend’s gonna open up a spree for it. Thank goodness! Hehe. I’m having 2nd thoughts though (HORROR!)! I barely touched the Alice in Wonderland one because it’s so pretty! Okay, insanity much. But umm… Say hello to Charlene J.. Heh. :

• 9/13/10 14:41 the Muse:

awww! I’m sure you’ll love it Charlene and if not you can always sway it away right?! :D

• 9/9/10 13:06 Brittany:

It’s pretty, but I can’t really wear black shades

• 9/9/10 13:09 the Muse:

I can’t either lately brittany :P

• 9/9/10 21:24 jackieg02:

yes, i hauled from Sephora. that order followed the order from ud.com for the bos 3….urban decay has been catching my fancy lately

• 9/13/10 14:40 the Muse:

jackie have to tell me the good word when u get it :D

• 9/9/10 22:17 tini:

I want Cobra and Barracuda, the rest are just meh. i’ll save for BOS3 and Naked. I’m proud of them for leaving out the glitters!