Gather round kids. I have to tell you a secret.
Fashion Week model looks do nothing for me.
I think they could possible torture and hang me for saying something like that. It might even be against the law.
Here’s the deal.
I’ve gotten 100’s of e-mails these past few days featuring 1000’s of made up models featuring various looks from various brands but honestly nothing captures me. It seems like the golden rule for Fashion Week is really nude, natural unflattering looks or something so outrageous that no one would honestly wear it like eyeshadow on someone’s forehead or something crazy like that.
I can’t be alone in my thoughts here.
Or am I?
After skimming through dozens and dozens of models this week and just feeling meh, I finally came across a bit of a yay with Estee Lauder Derek Lam for SS2011 Runway Show.
They did some amazing looks using pops of vibrant orange and coral which totally caught my fancy and had me thinking how major the models looked.
Check it and tell me what you think!
For the second consecutive season, Estee Lauder sponsored the beauty look (makeup & nails) at the Derek Lam SS 2011 runway show featuring bright orange-shaded eyes, nude lips, peachy-bronzed cheeks and neutral nails.
Estee Lauder’s Creative Makeup Director, Tom Pecheux, lead a team of artists that created stunning looks on the models in the show. While famed manicurist, Jin Soon Choi, and her team polished their nails with new limited edition Estee Lauder Nail Lacquer in Extravagant Pearl (available October 2010).
“Working with Derek Lam is a true creative collaboration, he loves to bend the rules the way I do. So I created the focus on the eyes with products that are actually made for the lips. Vivid color on the eyes that is sharp and graphic with gorgeous skin, sun-kissed cheeks, a bit of mascara and a lovely eyebrow all bring the fantasy of the Derek Lam women.” – Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director.
Are these stunning or what? They are both wearable and edgy in a playfully simplistic way. The winged out eye using such a gorgeous shade of fiery orange really brings the eye out without overdoing it. I seriously fell in love with the entire look, it’s so natural and pretty but still manages to come across unique with a bit of an edge.
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Sugar Cube or Sandbar Beige
- Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Black
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil in Coral
- (To achieve the orange-shaded look on eyes, Tom used two NEW Pure Color
- Lipsticks launching in March 2011 and Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in
Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Coffee
- NEW Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick tested backstage- launching March 2011
- Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
- Signature Powder Blush in Sweet Nectar
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Pressed Powder
- Skin: Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher
- DayWear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15
- Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10
- Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder
So obviously I need to embrace lipstick as my new eyeliner of choice! Ha! Who knew lipstick would look so fabulous on lids?
What do you think of orange hued lids?