How to Order from Lush Cosmetics UK Website

Lush Holiday 2010

Hey there, hi there!

I’m happy to say my first Lush Holiday order arrived from England today. Squee! I only got a few things as I’m currently clearing out my Lush stash and trying to see what I do and do not need to stock up on but I wanted to do a little low down here because many of you are curious about ordering from England. Now Lush is readily available in stores (look for your location here) and online to US shoppers but if you’ve been tempted to order from Lush UK because you’ve wanted to indulge in some of the Gorilla Perfumes we haven’t yet gotten or exclusive items that Lush US doesn’t carry, I wanted to give you a brief run down.

Jump!

In my first order I got:

• Gorilla Perfume Love Fragrance
  • Lush Iced Wine (Large Size)
  • Lush Lip Dip
  • Lush Buche de Noel Cleanser
  • Lush Glogg Shower Gel (Medium Size)
  • Lush Snow Fairy Lip Tint
  • Lush Maple Taffy Lip Balm

My total cost plus shipping was £57.73 ($91.64)

Now unfortunately I have yet to see Lip Dip arrive on the US site so I replaced that with one of Lush’s regular Lip Scrubs and I added in a Tuca Tuca Fragrance to replace the Love I purchased from the UK and my total on the US site comes to $93.65.

I actually I saved a few bucks shopping from the UK and I got two items I can’t yet get in the US.

So you see if you’re a bit scared of ordering from the UK don’t be! I placed my order on Sept 30 and it arrived today October 6th. That’s actually faster than if I ordered from Lush US on regular shipping methods.

Pretty sweet right?

Now keep in mind that you should ask your credit card, bank, or debit card issuer if International Conversion Rates apply. I do alot of shopping overseas and my bank waives the fee in all cases whenever I use my debit card. In some cases credit cards charge $10 or so for the fee however ask them nicely and they will probably waive it. Just do a little research prior to your purchase so you know if “surprise” fees pop up.

Secondly, I suggest going to the Lush UK site filling your cart and proceeding to do so on the Lush US site as well. Compare the carts and see if it’s worth ordering or not.

Hope this helps!

Happy Shoppin’ which ever site you choose to order from!

• 10/6/10 20:48 Erin:

Does Lush have any sales around the holidays?

• 10/7/10 11:34 the Muse:

erin on boxing day they have a sale and occasionally 15% off if a golden ticket coupon is posted from the gift sets (each one has a coupon code) but never sales during the holidays.

• 10/6/10 20:55 Cj:

I always buy my lush stuff from the UK site, Sometimes I can even save up to like half off compared to the prices on the US site. I can’t wait till get my order lol, how do you like the lip dip :D?

• 10/7/10 11:33 the Muse:

Lip dip tastes STUPID good CJ ;-D like lemon, lime, and sugar!!!!!!!!!

• 10/7/10 11:50 Cj:

Awesome :D! Does it really fizz too or was that just some kinda gimmick or something lol? I can’t wait to get my order!

• 10/7/10 11:52 the Muse:

damnit it no cj LOL ;-D I wish! I thought it would pop and fizzle but it doesn’t. It’s just a regular scrub. I think the “pop” and “fizzle” they are talking about comes from the citrus-y zingy flavor ;D

• 10/7/10 12:01 Cj:

Aw too bad :/ Guess we can’t have it all lol

• 10/7/10 12:05 the Muse:

lol cj yeah damn was hoping for a pop rocks experience. remember those?

• 1/2/14 17:34 ayumu:

Does lush UK still delivers alcohol contained perfume to us?

• 10/6/10 21:48 kelly:

i love lush uk i just placed a $66 that included shipping order on lush uk that would of been almost $80 on the us site with out shipping.

• 10/7/10 11:33 the Muse:

SWEET kelly!

• 10/7/10 2:05 Ashley C.:

Also, Lush UK takes off the 13% (-ish) VAT tax that is only applicable to UK residents, so we get an extra 13% lower than what the cart says on there, as well! :D

• 10/7/10 11:56 the Muse:

ah yes ashley ;-D I should have said as such thanks for adding that in girl!

• 10/7/10 4:10 Paprika:

Can you pay with paypal? Or is it kinda the same thing since if you don’t have money in paypal it takes it from your card?

• 10/7/10 11:29 the Muse:

parika only on the US site not on the UK one

• 10/7/10 8:11 Stephanie:

I always encourage people to purchase from the Lush UK site over the NA one. I think the UK products are better quality and it has always come out cheaper for me to order from the UK anyway!

• 10/7/10 11:29 the Muse:

yup me too stephanie ;-D quality always seems fresher ;-D

• 10/7/10 10:17 Bonnie:

I am so happy (lucky) that I work 10 minutes away from the Lush flagship store here in Toronto. Oh my goodness, what an experience it is to walk into the store. The staff treat you like gold. One time, I got a free hand massage because they were showing off a new product. It was, well, lush!

If you ever travel to Toronto, you absolutely MUST visit the Lush store on Queen Street West.

Oh my goodness how I love their vegan products! Lush rocks!

• 10/7/10 11:23 the Muse:

that’s awesome bonnie. we have two in New York but I’m not keen on one of the stores. ;-D sounds heavenly!

• 10/7/10 13:14 Vanessa:

Isn’t Bon Bon essentially the same thing as Lip Dip? Strangely enough, I’ve looked at the two, and the only difference is that UK has ‘sherbet’ listed as their first ingredient, vs NA where it’s ‘white icing sugar’. Both have the same description on their packaging too.

• 10/7/10 13:19 the Muse:

aha I didn’t see bon bon prior to this vanessa thanks for pointing that out ;-D looks the same but diff name thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t see bon bon on the US site until you pointed it out!

• 10/7/10 15:14 Samantha:

Are there any UK only products you can only order off of the LUSHUK site?

• 10/7/10 15:17 the Muse:

Yes Samantha. Some of the gorilla perfumes, snake oil (mmm don’t quote me as the US may have this now), and ickle bath bomb used to be one too but I believe US has it now.

I don’t have a complete list of items but there are a few things that UK has that the US doesn’t.

• 10/7/10 17:50 lizzie:

Not to sound dense but how do I figure out how the conversion rates for these products? I am not sure how much things cost

• 10/8/10 10:01 the Muse:

lizzie you can use an online currency convertor. Just search one up on google :) or add $16 to the total price of something. if something is £29 add $16 and you’ll have $46 that’s about the current conversion for sterling at the moment. but it does change daily so look up a currency convertor to get the most recent rate!

• 10/8/10 0:10 Samantha:

Thanks so much!
    Oh…one more question: Do you use the more expensive shipping option or the cheaper Royal Mail one?

• 10/8/10 9:45 the Muse:

cheaper royal mail sam ;D

• 10/11/10 15:01 Jean:

When I get the soap, do I need to store it in something other than the white paper that it is sent it? I ordered a soap and just got it in and it looks like it has bled all over the white paper.

• 10/12/10 13:34 the Muse:

in a soap dish Jean, like any other soap :)

• 3/14/12 13:51 Deedee:

Ok so I have a question, would I still be saving money on shipping if I’m only buying like one or 2 items? Like I’ve been thinking of getting the jasmine and henna fluff for my hair, I was just wondering if I would still be saving money if I get it from the Uk website instead of the US website where I usually order my stuff

• 1/22/13 17:35 Tanima:

on the UK site how do you convert it to US dollars in checkout?
    so the UK site knows you’re paying in US money. Or do they just know it?

• 6/8/13 19:35 Julia:

Hey Muse!

Do you know if the UK site accepts prepaid giftcards? Like a prepaid Visa or Mastercard? Thanks!

• 6/10/13 10:20 the Muse:

I’m not sure Julia…sorry.

• 7/22/13 7:25 Brittney:

Does anyone know if the UK website will accept LUSH gift cards purchased in the US???

• 1/2/14 17:36 ayumu:

Does lush still deliver perfume(alcohol contains)to us?