Tarina Tarantino Special Edition Dollskin Powder Red and Yellow

Tarina Tarantino Special Edition Dollskin Powder Red and Yellow 11

Oh my little heart is a fluttering this morning!

I haven’t been interested in trying Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Powder but after seeing her new special edition version, well, I must have it!

Damn now I just have to decide between the red and yellow compacts….and that $150 price tag?!

Jump!

This isn’t the same as the regular Dollskin Powder as it appears to be a translucent powder. It’s described as a micronized powder that creates the effect of smooth skin.

Sephora says:

This product is made with a special micronization process to create a long-lasting powder that can be applied with precise control. With its superb coverage and the ability to build layers, it’s easy to create a number of looks, ranging from sheer to full. It glides on, applying with a creamy, cushiony feel while it works to smooth out the skintone, producing a flawless, even-looking “dollskin” complexion.

Let’s be honest, it’s the packaging that my shallow self is gagging over but after hearing the description details it sounds like a rather great product for creating a more flawless appearance.

Tarina Tarantino Special Edition Dollskin Powder Red and Yellow 2

The price?

$150! Seriously?!

Whatcha think?

Have you tried the original DollSkin Powder?

Good?

Willing to go for the special edition?

• 10/6/10 10:35 Courtney:

The compacts are adorable but $150?! Seriously?!

• 10/6/10 10:36 the Muse:

courtney that has to be a misprint right?!?!?!??!

• 10/6/10 10:57 Courtney:

Check out MUA. Out of curiosity I went to see how it rated and it’s a 2.2 out of 5 lipsticks. You may want to try out the cheaper regular version before you splurge on the limited edition.

• 10/6/10 11:11 the Muse:

yeah but Court I think that is for the dollskin powder foundation this looks like a finishing powder….?

• 10/6/10 10:50 Caroline:

It MUST be refillable? I have been interested in this line, but I have no clue what to try. I really like her packaging. But as far as refillable compacts go, I MUST the the purple one EL just came out with. Purple is my fave color and it’s only $49!

• 10/6/10 10:51 the Muse:

way cheaper caroline at $49! ;-D I wonder if that’s a misprint though as the other bits in her collection are way cheaper!

• 10/6/10 13:02 Lenna:

I really want to try some of this line of stuff…but already I think the normal is pretty expensive at $32-ish for powder…but $150? Holy crap! That’s ridiculous!

• 10/6/10 13:02 the Muse:

lenna I’m trying to firgure out if that’s a typo b/c $150!? that’s like Guerlain prices for special edition powder ha!

• 10/6/10 13:06 mon:

Ahhhhhh eeeeeek! For that price, I’d rather just by a pressed powder that I like and decorate the compact myself with little crystals and baubles a la all those crazy japanese deco things! Seriously, Tarina?! Jeez, for a LOT less I could get an Anna Sui rose compact powder and refill. *sigh*

• 10/6/10 13:28 the Muse:

i Hope this is a misprint mon :P

• 10/6/10 13:28 Maggie:

$150?! No way. It would have to be enough powder to fill a kiddie pool or, like, made of actual gold for me to pay that much. Seems like that must be a typo! Otherwise I’m guessing a whole lot of those are going to be going on super-sale in a month or two.

• 10/6/10 13:29 the Muse:

maggie I has to be. I keep refreshing the site to see if it changes ;-D!

• 10/6/10 14:06 Marina:

I don’t know if it’s a misprint…TT’s line is already expensive, and her jewelry and accessories aren’t the cheapest…

• 10/6/10 14:09 the Muse:

mmm tt’s line of accessories/jewelry yes Marina but not the Sephora Collection. It’s about mid-range or so which is why $150 is kinda shocking…!? The palettes and such are around $39 why suddenly $150?

• 10/6/10 17:25 Alex:

Eek! I’d rather have a $150 piece of Tarina jewelry than one powder compact! Makes the usual $32 powder price tag seem reasonable.

• 10/7/10 12:10 the Muse:

agreed Alex!

• 10/6/10 17:59 Ally:

Wow?! 150, really? They have to be crazy to charge that much. Cute packaging but I could never pay that much for powder :)

• 10/7/10 12:07 the Muse:

ally I gotta keep believing it’s a misprint can’t be?!

• 10/7/10 0:22 Melissa:

omg I’ve tried this powder and did not love it but man that packaging is so up my alley as it would go with my custom hand painted sugar skull leather bag i ordered from etsy and so many other silly things if santa-jew brings me a gift car im allover the pink/red one

• 10/7/10 11:58 the Muse:

the packaging is to die over Mel!

• 10/9/10 0:15 Amy:

I know the cost of high quality crystals and the cost of some of the better beads and pretties used in making things like this and adding up that cost and adding what it takes to make a profit and the cost of having her name on it I can well believe the price. The only way it would really be worth it is if the compact was made out of a metal and it was refilliable. What am I do do with a small, empty, plastic, compact? The drawback is that it can only be used at home. The pretties are very fragil and would have to be in a soft case to travel with (with no promise of safety) making me less likely to use it for touch ups unless I want to make a show of it.