Bare Escentuals Buxom Samantha’s Smoky Eye Kit Review, Swatches, Photos
I’m always envious of chicas that can sport a nude lip look and a smoky eye. I really can’t do the nude lips unless I wanna look living dead girl like. It’s not pretty put it that way!
If it’s your deal dears you’ll love the Buxom Samantha’s Smoky Eye Kit. This four piece wonder is loaded up with essentials for creating that perfect nude lip and sultry smoky eye look!
A Bare Escentuals Buxom set that features four, full size Buxom essentials for creating a simple nude look!
Buxom fans and nude lip looks will enjoy this set. Personally I’m at a 25-75 share myself. I like the eye look I can create using this but I’m not a fan of the lip look.
The set includes:
- Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Samantha (seductive nude)
- Buxom Smoky Eye Stick in Smokin’ Pistol (smoky coal)
- Buxom Smoky Eye Brush
- Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black
The total cost is $42 which is a steal considering you’re getting all full size products with the set.
The Buxom Smoky Eye Stick is similar to MAC’s Greasepaint Stick but not as creamy or emollient. Texture runs a little harder but it blends well none the less and creating a smoky eye look using the stick is pretty easy thanks to the eye brush included. I found it pigmented and easy to blend but a little tugging was involved during lining not so much to be irritating thankfully.
The set features step by step instructions for creating the eye and lip look on the back of the box, pretty simple to follow and do even for beginners. The brush is one of the greatest things about the kit as it “smokes” out your look brilliantly well.
The other item that was a star for me was the Buxom Lash Mascara. I’ve been meaning to try this for a while but never got a chance so was happy to see it included in this kit. The wand has a plastic applicator with tiny spikes. It’s quite flexible and seems to move with your lashes as you apply, bending back and fourth. It builds really well and easily so you can get some nice lenght as well as a fatter lash look.
Sadly, the Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Samantha fails to work for me. It’s a shimmering nude beige that makes me look like a complete corpse but it does pair up pretty damn nicely with the smoky eye look. If you’re able to wear the look, lucky you because it is a really nice shade of nude!
- Those who favor simple yet awesome makeup (this is a matter of a few steps to create a really flattering look).
- Anyone who likes full size products in sets (no minis here, all full size Buxom products are included so you get alot more for less).
- Anyone who needs a kit to create a simple yet effective smoky eye (this is very easy to use and pretty fuss free for creating a smokey eye).
- Those who can’t do nude lips (it might be a bit of money to dish out if you can’t do the nude lip look as you’ll only make use of three out of the four products but think of it as paying $10 per item and it might justify your purchase).
- Those who like louder, brighter, bolder pops of color (this sticks to the basics).
I liked this kit but the value could prove a little off if you’re like me and can’t use the nude lipgloss included. The brush is awesome, the liner, and the mascara but the gloss I simply can’t wear sadly so it does take away from some of the greatness of the kit and the overall value. However, I will say, I was quite happy with the mascara and really enjoyed the fuss-free smoky eye look the set created. Normally when I create a smoky eye I end up using a dozen products, this lot simplifies it and allows for a super easy application with three products! Great for travelin’!
The Buxom Samantha’s Smoky Eye Set is available exclusively at Sephora.
Did anyone try it?
This review contains a sample product sent for consideration by PR.
Read my full disclosure statement here.