Baviphat is a Korean brand that has a bit of a Benefit vibe due. Packaging features retro images of girls and it kinda gives me a Benefit-like feel for some reason.
Recently the brand became available in Malaysia and the lovely Sue from My Women Stuff sent me over a few items to try out
I’ve been obsessed with getting my hands on some of the offerings from the brand for a while but I had a dickens of a time trying to get their site to load so I can browse the selection.
I thought I’d start off my dive into Baviphat with their Peach Magic Lip Tint.
Let’s have a look!
A peach scented and flavored lip balm from Baviphat!
Of course packaging would be part of the good here. This comes housed in a sweet little peach shaped jar. As per the outer packaging the inner packaging also mimics that of a peach in terms of flavor, scent, and color. The product tastes like a fresh bitten peach, not an artificial taste at all but much like the real thing! It smells and tastes lovely in my humblest.
The actually balm or gloss is a translucent shade of peachy coral in the jar but it applies very subtly and leaves behind a tiny touch of color. It’s not particularly pigmented but it works enough to enhance the color of your natural lips. So if your lips are already pigmented this will make them look even more so and if your lips aren’t too pigmented it’ll give a tiny hint of color to them.
The formula runs a bit sticky and a tad thick however massaged on it’ll warm up and create a nice glossy finish on lips with proper application.
Sadly, you do need to use fingers to apply. Not my favorite application method but it’s cute enough to disregard!
- Anyone who loves kawaii lip products!
- Anyone who has dry lips that need a bit of moisture (this is not terribly hydrating, I’ve tried better but it does leave lips slick feeling).
- Anyone wanting a tiny touch of natural color!
- Fans of peach flavored gloss or balms!
- Those who do not like using fingers on lip products!
- Anyone who is sensitive to flavored or scented lip products (this isn’t strong but anyone sensitive to lip products that are scented might be disturbed by it).
- Those unwilling to track down makeup items (this isn’t sold in the US so some swapping, E-bay, or online shopping might be required to locate the brand).
I thought this was sweet. I’ve used far better lip balms from Asia but this was cute none the less. It gave my lips just a tiny touch of color and kept them nice and glossy looking throughout the day so I didn’t have to pull out entire lip products to get my lips looking great. It’s a bit of a hassle to locate Baviphat online but it’s worth the extra effort as so far the brand is quite interesting to say the least.
Disclaimer: The balm featured in this post was gifted to me.