Cover Girl Nature Luxe Collection Spring 2011

Covergirl Nature Luxe 1

Here’s the first look at the Cover Girl Nature Luxe launching for Spring 2011. As you know from my prior post Taylor Swift’s premiere as the Covergirl Spokesperson will be with the new Nature Luxe Collection. This is supposed to be a more high end version of Covergirl’s offerings and is supposed to appeal to high-end shoppers that happen to be browsing their makeup, drugstore aisles, hey, that’s me!

The line only includes, that I know of so far, Covergirl Liquid Silk Foundation and their new Gloss Balm. The Nature Luxe Collection contains natural ingredients so this should appeal to the green friendly makeup users among us.

Covergirl Nature Luxe 2

I have to admit that when it comes to organic and greener makeup options at the drugstore, in most cases, I’ve been very disappointed so I’m curious how Covergirl’s new collection will hold up.

What do you think?

WWD

• 11/18/10 18:50 Taryn:

Spring?! Darn. I don’t want spring to come because as you know, I love my winters, but I am dying to get my hands on one of those gloss balms!

Wonder if they’re anything like the Lip Slicks. I used to love them before I became paraben-conscious.

• 11/19/10 12:51 the Muse:

it’ll bere here before you blink taryn! ;-D prob see these in store in jan/feb.

• 11/18/10 18:58 Brooke:

I agree – organic makeup products have disappointed me in the past. Not only because of the lackluster performance, but also the smell! I can’t remember what brand I bought a while back, but it was suppose to be ‘organic’. The product itself wasn’t too horrible, but I couldn’t get past the smell! I may give the Gloss Balm a whirl just to see how it is, but I’m still on the fence.

• 11/19/10 12:50 the Muse:

mmm brooke yes. I’ve def experience the smell too! not all brands but some do indeed have a strange scent :P

• 11/18/10 19:24 Dao:

I can’t wait to see how this line works, as well. Like you, I don’t have much faith in natural makeup in drugstores. They seem to cut a lot of corners and the results are just so-so.

• 11/19/10 12:49 the Muse:

mmmm very much so dao :P

• 11/18/10 20:51 Vanessa:

Once cover girl stop testing on animals, i will buy EVERYTHING! such a shame…

• 11/18/10 21:02 elizabeth:

Same here! Stupid P&G.

• 11/20/10 19:53 ariel:

Agreed.

• 11/18/10 22:22 LorraineER:

The packaging reminds me of Clinique just a bit.

• 11/18/10 23:54 jerseygrrrl78:

The packaging doesn’t look very luxe :-/

• 11/19/10 9:30 the Muse:

mm true jerseygrrl! haha!

• 11/19/10 1:39 Ashley:

What Vanessa said. And “drugstore” prices here in Canada are ridiculous enough as it is so why are companies amping up the prices even more?? College students have textbooks & tuition to pay for! Not outrageously priced “luxurious” drugstore foundation!

• 11/19/10 12:34 the Muse:

true Ashley, valid point!

• 12/5/10 0:25 Shay:

These are available at shoppers drugmart now for anyone in canada:) I’m going to pick some up tomorrow!

• 12/6/10 12:42 the Muse:

oh lucky shay! nothing here yet. Tell us the good word when you get!

• 12/11/10 19:53 Vevila:

I bought one today! Not so bad, I find. It smells just like any lipstick, it leaves shimmery look on your lips and it doesn’t rub off super easily without leaving a heavy feel on your lips. It’s not extremely pricey either, around 10$ for one tube. And most of all, it contains natural ingredients!

• 12/14/10 16:42 the Muse:

vevila I tried ‘em too, not a bad formula at all ;-D tried the foundation yet?

• 6/13/11 0:11 Vevila:

No, I haven’t. Tell me what you think of it, if you’re planning on trying! Thanksss. =)

• 12/19/10 22:42 Jove:

Just tried the the gloss balm in the shade Hubiscus and its really good, the feeling on the lips is pretty nice, i’m surprised on how moisturizing it is!

• 12/20/10 11:07 the Muse:

awesome jove ;-D I have a review of these upcoming shortly ;D!

• 1/5/11 12:40 Ozzi:

I enjoyed the Commercail. Taylor Swift will be doing Ads with Nature Luxe Collection. Sounds Nice!

• 1/5/11 14:29 the Muse:

ozzi drew really is looking all kinds of gorgeous!

• 1/6/11 1:37 Sana:

I love the new Gloss Balms. It’s very moisturizing, and gives just a hint of gloss, not over done. It has a very natural feel to it, and it leaves my lips very soft. I prefer these (I have 2) over regular chapstick or any other sparkly stuff which I’ve used in the past. I was pleasantly surprised!

• 1/6/11 9:10 the Muse:

happy to hear your good luck with it Sana ;D

• 2/15/11 10:04 Kay:

I received a free sample of the foundation and really like how it covers, and how it doesn’t feel sticky or heavy. I hope to give it a try once I can find it in stores. Now I just want to see if I start breaking out like I do when I wear foundation.

• 6/12/11 8:08 Rose:

I want to order this. Will it be possible to ship it to my country Bangladesh? =)