Mmm having a little bit of bad luck with E.L.F. lately haven’t I? My last few purchases have been a real miss sadly but I’m still actively trying to find the best budget picks from the brand.
E.L.F. Cosmetics Eyelid Primer a buck….we taking bets on whether I’ll love it or leave it? Who’s in?
Do you love it?
Do you leave it?
Find out what I think after the jump!
An eyeshadow primer for a buck!
This comes housed in a tube with a sponge tip applicator for application. The formula is a nude, creamy base that applies transparent. I’m hearing words like brilliant, amazing, can’t believe this works for a $1 thrown around in other reviews which makes me wonder if I’m terribly unfair about how much I dislike this product….
The formula is loosely packed with a thinner liqud-y creamy feel that feels very greasy on my lid. Once blended I felt like it simply absorbed into my skin due to the thinner consistency of the product rather than sit on top of my skin creating a barrier for shadow to adhere to. After application it remains a bit dewy to the touch so I’d suggest doing other parts of your makeup before following up with shadow.
Shadow hold? Non existent. My shadow faded, creased, and migrated around my lid within 2 hours of wear so it’s obviously not doing that great of a job holding shadow in place.
- Anyone who wants to even out their eye area on a budget (this could be used as a nice prep for lids sans shadow to even out the lid and create a brighter appearance much like Benefit Lemon Aid does).
- E.L.F. fans may potentially adore this.
- Anyone who wants to keep their shadow on for hours on end.
- Anyone seeking a budget eyeshadow primer that will keep shadow locked in place.
- Anyone with oily lids (this makes my dry lids oily, imagine what it’ll do with oily lids?!).
A dollar? That’s exactly what this is worth or less. Tossed it right in the trash. Sadly, I can’t get behind an eyeshadow primer this bad. If you own it already and feel the same you might use it as a quick way to even out and conceal your eye lid when not using eyeshadow or as a quick way to brighten this area up but even that it doesn’t do such a fab job of.
Anyone try it?