Use It, Stash It, Or Trash It: The Holiday Collection Edition

game

Time to start Monday off with a little fun because lord knows I can use some fun at the start of a boring work week, even though it’s a short one eh?

The name of the game is Use It, Stash It, or Trash it and it’s a variation of Sex, Marry, Kill. Never played it? It’s easy!

Someone presents you with a list of three people in your life or celebs and you decide if you want to have sex with them, marry them, or kill them off.

My variation of the game involves cosmetics. I’ll give you three options and you tell me if you’d keep the item and use it, stash it away in your beauty vault and never use it because it’s just so damn gorgeous , or trash it in the makeup graveyard!

Ready to play?

Jump!

Here’s the list, copy and paste it into the comment box and tell me if you’d Use it, Stash It, or Trash it. And just for fun here’s three celebs, that you can marry, have sex with, or just kill off!

Use It, Stash It, Or Trash It List

1. MAC & Marcel Wanders Collection
  2. Clarins Barocco Collection
  3. NYX Book of Eye Shadows

Sex, Marry, Kill The Zombie Edition

1. Simon Pegg
  2. Andrew Lincoln
  3. George A. Romero

My results:

Using the NYX Book of Shadows. I haven’t tried mine yet but it seems like a super user friendly palette and the texture of the shadows seems good!

NYX Box of Eye Shadows

Stashing the Clarins Barocco Collection. Seriously have you seen some of it? Stunning! It needs to be locked in the beauty vault and have the key thrown out!

clarins barocco

Trashing the MAC & Marcel Wanders Collection. Really don’t need it, don’t even like it so I’m good with tossing it!

MAC Marcel Wanders Collection 16

Ahhh so I’d totally marry George Romero because I’d have to find out what’s going on in his head but damn it’s so hard choosing between Andrew Lincoln and Simon Pegg but…I’ve a long standing Pegg fan and he’s my fellow geek, will def have sex with him, was thinking marriage but Romero is way more tempting. That leaves Andrew Lincoln as a kill! Sorry! I’ll eat his brains to make up for it so he dies an honorable death eh?

Romero

Simon

Andrew

Ha!

Your turn!

Have fun!

• 11/22/10 10:45 lulee:

use marcel wanders for mac, stash the clarins collection and kill the nyx one.

• 11/22/10 18:15 Kerry:

I totally agree with you.

• 11/22/10 11:05 NeutraKris:

I agree with your choices, lol!

Use It, Stash It, Or Trash It List

MAC & Marcel Wanders Collection — Trash It (it’s ugly to me)
    Clarins Barocco Collection — Stash It
    NYX Book of Eye Shadows — Use It

• 11/22/10 11:22 the Muse:

ha kris great minds eh? :-D

• 11/22/10 11:35 NeutraKris:

Definitely!

• 11/22/10 11:27 Sara:

Hmm…tough, I don’t like the NYX or the Marcel wanders…

I guess I’d use the Mac, the brush looks nice
    Have to stash the Clarins – holy crap it’s gorgeous
    And totally kill NYX. Love their singles, hate their palettes

Killin’ Romero – his time is done and he can’t make a decent zombie flick to save his life…which is sad since he’s the grandaddy of the the good stuff (Day of the Dead is my second favorite zombie movie behind 28 days later (which has *the* most romantical scene *ever* in a movie))

Eeee…that’s a tough call then between Simon Pegg (banging him for sure!!) and that last guy? I’m unfamiliar with him. Is he the guy in the Walking Dead? I’ve been letting those build up on the DVR so I can watch ‘em all at once. :D

• 11/22/10 11:33 the Muse:

yup sara that’s the dude from the walking dead ;-D was a damn hard choice for me ;-D was plotting a marriage with SP but than I was like damn Romero might be a good one to pick his brain , need him to put a ring on it to do that ;-D LOL! You’re right, it’s been a very long time since he’s done anything that was worthy of his name, damn shame!!!!!!!!!!

• 11/22/10 11:58 Misato-san:

I’m with you about the make up, without a doubt!

• 11/22/10 12:48 the Muse:

;-D great minds misato!

• 11/22/10 12:00 Lisa:

I can’t believe you could kill Andrew Lincoln! I would totally marry him, because he’s gorgeous and has a hot accent :) But it’s hard to pick a kill – I guess Romero.

• 11/22/10 12:48 the Muse:

Lisa sorry lol he’s a bit new for me ;-D I really wanted to say sex but couldn’t do it ;D!

• 11/22/10 12:00 Leah:

Using the Clarins!!!
    Stashing the NYX
    Trash the Mac – ugleeeeeee!!!!

George – Kill
    Marry – Pegg
    Sex – Lincoln (us Brits have been lemming on him for YEARS)

:o)

• 11/22/10 12:47 the Muse:

LOL leah I didn’t even KNOW he was English until a recent interview, I was like wait, what?! He’s British!? seriously?! ha ;-D

• 11/22/10 12:16 Cj:

Use it: MAC & Marcel Wanders Collection
    Stash it: Clarins Barocco Collection
    Trash it: NYX Book of Eye Shadows

Mac’s stuff does look nice lol especially since I’ve never tried Mac products before. Clarins packaging is completely beautiful, but too much glitter to be realistic for me. As for the NYX eyeshadow palette, well as much as I go gaga for palettes sometimes, I barely ever actually wear eyeshadow and the few times a month I do it’ll be very subtle like browns and blacks.

As for the guys… They are all way to old for me lmao if anything I might have a nice drunken one night stand with the Walking Dead guy lol :D

• 11/22/10 12:50 the Muse:

LOL a drunken one night stand LOL! <3 you CJ!!!!!!!!!

• 11/22/10 12:21 Kristen:

Use: NYX Box of Shadows
    Stash: Clarins
    Trash: MAC esp. that $75 brush! lol

• 11/22/10 12:47 the Muse:

HA kristen amen sistah! that brush just slays me, seriously, 75 bucks?!

• 11/22/10 12:24 Maggie:

Def. use the Marcel Wanders (nothing special, but they’re perfectly nice colors), stash the Clarins (ZOMG so freaking pretty), and trash NYX (I hate everything but their false lashes and loose pigments. DIE!).

• 11/22/10 12:46 the Muse:

ha maggie ;-D loving the DIE! at the end ;-D so dramatic ;-D

• 11/22/10 12:38 HautePJ:

Muse, I agree with your use/stash/trash but I cannot in good faith let you kill Andrew Lincoln! He is definitely in the sex category!!

• 11/22/10 12:46 the Muse:

damn PJ I had a hard time with the sex LOL! I was tempted by I’m such a Pegg fan girl I had to choose him for sex ;D

• 11/22/10 14:31 Brooke C.:

What a fun game! I will have to try out the NYX Book of Shadows – may make a good Christmas gift, also!

• 11/22/10 15:08 the Muse:

oh heck yes brooke I think so ;D

• 11/22/10 15:15 Mara:

Sorry to say I’m trashing all three. I’ve had mixed results with Nyx palettes plus I tend not to use big, unwieldy ones. The Clarins is gorgeous, but I’m more of a makeup user than a collector and can’t justify the purchase no matter how pretty. Finally, meh on the MAC & Marcel Wanders collection; I find the colors and packaging boring and not worth the premium price.

• 11/22/10 15:27 the Muse:

aw mara you can’t ;-D you have to use it, stash it, or trash it, just not fun if you don’t ;-D!

• 11/22/10 18:32 Desiree:

I would use the Clarins, it’s just to pretty to stash and not use it. I would stash the MAC one, because I think the packaging is kinda cute & different. I would trash the NYX palette – usually eyeshadow plattes that come with 10+ colors from a lower-end brand isn’t worth it, no matter how cheap it is.

• 11/22/10 20:30 Brooke:

Muse! I definitely agree with you on the use it, stash it, or trash it! The MAC line just looks too blah….not even the least bit eye catching.

P.S. I loooove Simon Pegg! I’m always drawn to Shaun of the Dead everytime I see it on TV!

• 11/23/10 13:15 the Muse:

god me too Brooke always which there was another season of Spaced ;-D so love him!

• 11/23/10 4:32 Mary the Muse Militant:

Use It: Clarins – looks gorgeous and decadent
    Stash It: MAC – gorgeous too
    Trash It: NYX – have to bin this but wouldn’t really want to

Sex: Andrew Lincoln ( can’t I marry him as well ?)
    Marry: Simon Pegg (only if he wears an Andrew Lincoln mask !)
    Kill: The Romera fellow (gladly !)

• 11/23/10 10:01 the Muse:

ha def can marry and sex andrew up Mary ;-D I’ll make an exception for you girl!

• 11/27/10 1:25 Laura:

I have no idea who any of those men are!
    But
    Using and loving Clarins! !

The rest I’d eBay!

• 3/28/13 22:14 Misty Hall:

Use It, Stash It, Or Trash It List

MAC & Marcel Wanders Collection- TRASH IT
    Clarins Barocco Collection- STASH IT
    NYX Book of Eye Shadows- USE IT :)
    Sex, Marry, Kill The Zombie Edition

Simon Pegg-KILL
    Andrew Lincoln-SEX
    George A. Romero-MARY

• 3/29/13 9:51 the Muse:

lol misty thanks for replying :-D totally love you for it ;-D