NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection

NYX HD Collection

Slap me happy, the NYX HD Collection is simply thrilling me today. Have you seen it? Now I’m not one for HD makeup as you know from my past babblings but I can so get on board with this.

One of the most interesting turns of events in this collection would be the price tag which is far above the norm for NYX but regardless, they have some pretty wicked offerings in this collection and I’m positive after you hear about it, you’ll be wanting it.

Plus I got a way you can grab some of it at 20% Off, love me much?

I’ll have a review of for you soon but until than here’s the details and images. Feel free to add your babble about what you think of the collection!

The NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection is a new line of professional foundations, powders, blushes and primers from NYX Cosmetics. The unique light-diffusing formulas create a soft-focus effect on the face, making skin appear perfectly smooth. Designed for the high-definition coverage needs of those in the spotlight, the products cover skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining imperceptible on film or video – and in everyday real life.

• NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation $15 (8 Shades)

The unique liquid foundation is formulated with High Definition technology. When light hits skin, the diffusing effect of the foundation reflects the light, making skin appear smoother with reduced appearance of pores and wrinkles. The foundation covers skin flawlessly and is infused with tri-peptides to promote collagen generation, reduce wrinkles, and rejuvenate skin. Available in 8 shades.

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 4

• NYX HD Studio Photogenic Grinding Powder $25 (6 Shades)

This advanced compact powder system utilizes grinding technology to finely grate the powder each time it’s used – allowing precise control over how much is needed, while also keeping the remaining product fresh and contaminate-free. Like the foundation, the mineral-enriched high definition powder deflects light from skin, making pores appear smaller and skin smooth and clear. Available in 6 shades.

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 6

• NYX HD Studio Photogenic Primer $14

Silky and lightweight, the primer creates a fresh canvas for liquid makeup or face powder application. The high definition formula’s light-diffusing properties help soften lines and erase the appearance of pores for a smooth finish. Makeup will look fresh and flawless all day. Available in one shade.

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 2

• NYX HD Studio Photogenic Grinding Blush $16.50 (8 Shades)

Utilizing the same technology as the Grinding Powder, the Grinding Blush gives you control over the amount you need for precise application and no waste. The richly-pigmented blush goes on smooth and wears beautifully all day. Available in 8 shades.

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 5

• NYX HD Eye Shadow Base $7

Get ready for a close up! Nyx’s new HD Eye Shadow Base perfects the delicate skin of the eye, evening skin tone and smoothing lines. The clear formula provides a barrier between skin’s natural oils and your makeup, for an even, flawless application that lasts. Your eyes will always look perfect – even under the camera’s flashing lights.

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 3

Also releasing…

• NYX Mood Lip Gloss $4.50

Magic lip gloss starts off clear then turns into the most perfect shade of reddish-pink on your lips. It’s a tube of heavenly shiny bliss and your lips couldn’t be any more natural and sexier!

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 1

NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Collection 7

• NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream $6 (11 Shades)

A matte, long wearing lip cream.

Awesome right?

The blushes look amazing and I’m quite excited to try them out. I admit the foundation and the grind powder has my eye as well. I was sorta surprised at the prices considering NYX is normally considerably cheaper but I’m not complaining.

Wanna save 20% on it now?

Visit www.cherryculture.com and use promo code HS20 for 20% Off your total order!

Happy Haulin’!

Looking forward to your thoughts on this new collection!

• 12/15/10 13:41 Tiffany C.:

alot of the products remind me of SMASHBOX. wonder if the quality is just as good because these would be great alternatives for those desperate in need moments.

• 12/15/10 13:47 the Muse:

agreed tiff! ;-D

• 12/15/10 13:54 Cj:

Is it just me or does NYX HD foundation and primer look strikingly similar to MUFE HD foundation and primer lol :P
    Definitely going to give the mood lip gloss a try, It apparently does the same thing as my Dior lip glow (which is my favorite lip product) for a fraction of the cost!

• 12/17/10 16:10 the Muse:

hmmm def cj ;-D there are a few dior lip glows around, wet n wild had one for Fall ha ;D! for like a buck something!

• 12/15/10 13:58 Ashley:

awesome! How long is the code good for?

• 12/15/10 14:49 the Muse:

until the 20th ashley :)

• 12/15/10 14:23 irini:

i desperately need a foundation so I hope this one cuts it!but the prices…wow nyx went overboard I shall say

• 12/15/10 15:01 Ru:

NYX seems to come out with a lot of similar products (and packaging) as their high-end makeup brands (as someone mentioned above)… curious if theres some sort of patent/copyright thing?

• 12/15/10 15:26 the Muse:

not sure Ru. Alot of various brands come out with similar items, just the cycle in the makeup world :)

• 12/15/10 15:01 Sara:

Aww, all the HD products make me sad because they mostly rely on silicones to give that fuzzy, smooth look. My skin can’t stand them (talk about serious blemishes on an otherwise clear face…ugh, big, nasty, seriously clogged pore deep ones too). Silica, on the other hand, is totally tolerable. Why can’t they use that instead? :(

That stuff still looks pretty bad ass. I’m hit n’ miss on NYX, but always willing to give them “one more chance.” :D

• 12/15/10 15:26 the Muse:

sara same here…I normally NEVER break out but silicones do me in!

• 12/15/10 15:30 mandy:

I can live with the prices of these, like a step up for the brand like with e.l.f studio line versus the $1 line. Except for the Photogenic Grinding Powder … $25 is a lot for a “drugstore” product. The blush has me excited though. Do you think it will cater to oily skin ladies too for the foundation? Somehow I doubt it :(

• 12/15/10 15:59 the Muse:

not sure on oily skin mandy tbh! although I feel the same, quite excited about trying the blushes and the most excited about them ;D! $25 is alot but I’m kinda hopeful it means that we’ll be getting full on quality for our buck!

• 12/15/10 16:11 mandy:

I hope the price balances off the price too!

• 12/16/10 11:08 the Muse:

me too mandy but rarely disappointed in NYX so I’m on board!

• 12/15/10 15:40 Lucy:

I also thought of Smashbox. Should be less money. I’m not going to the web site to check on prices. Way to tempting for me.

• 12/15/10 18:10 Lauren:

Would it kill them to throw out a darker brown shade for us brown skinned ladies when they launch new stuff! Either way I’m excited!

• 12/17/10 15:46 the Muse:

aw lauren sorry hun! that’s frustrating I know!

• 12/15/10 19:26 Libby:

Thanks for the code! I’m eyeing that mood gloss actually, lol I’m curious about it and I’ve got such a soft spot for glosses of any kind :x

• 12/17/10 16:07 the Muse:

my pleasure libby ;-D I’m dead curious about the gloss too!

• 12/15/10 19:40 breyerchic04:

If the foundation has SPF, I want it!

• 12/15/10 21:52 RonyaLii:

kinda expensive for nyx :/ ill rather pay 40 dolars for mufe foundation than experiment with nyx for 25 . cos i know mufe is worth the price . nyx – not sure .

i do love their eyeshadows and jumbo’s :)

• 12/16/10 15:41 LorraineER:

The HD primer and foundation packaging reminds me of MUFE and the Grind powder reminds me of Smashbox Halo powder. The mood gloss is like O-gloss too! I wonder how they measure up? Can’t wait to see reviews!

• 12/16/10 16:34 the Muse:

I’m curious too Lorraine ;-D they all look fab though!

• 12/16/10 19:58 Laura:

MUFE HD 117 is my HG foundation, so I’ll have to try the NYX. If I can get similar coverage/results, it’d be worth the switch since it’s half the price!!

• 12/19/10 12:24 Claudia:

wow NYX has been stepping up a lot! the $15 price tag is quite a bit for a drugstore foundation…usually they just don’t work out so I rather buy one god foundation instead of two bad ones but this looks promising!

• 12/20/10 12:22 the Muse:

very promising claudia ;D

• 1/5/11 1:28 Liza:

Hi Muse,

Did you ever try the NYX HD Eye Shadow Base?

• 1/5/11 9:50 the Muse:

yes liza I’ll be reviewing it soon hun.

• 1/5/11 13:44 Liza:

Thanks..I’ll look out for it!!!

• 1/5/11 13:51 the Muse:

my pleasure hun I have the HD primer review shortly (today maybe) it’s AMAZING!

• 1/5/11 13:54 Liza:

I have used their products in the past before and some were hit and miss but this collection looks interesting. I was going to get the mood lip gloss too but from your review I think I’ll pass, lol!.

• 1/5/11 13:55 the Muse:

so far most of what I’ve tried was cool ;-D not sure about the primer yet though kinda still testing so def will let ya know. you didn’t like it the review? ;-D I thought the gloss was awesome!

• 1/5/11 13:57 Liza:

So you did like it..I read it awhile ago and I remember you said it was a bit on the runny side.

• 1/5/11 13:59 the Muse:

yea I sure did ;-D was def runny but I put a Muse Approved on it for purchase ;-D! did you read the full review?

• 1/5/11 14:18 Liza:

I did awhile back but I’ll read it again. Not sure anyhow but I guess for that price what do I have to lose, lol!.

• 1/5/11 14:30 the Muse:

exactly ;-D not alot to spend good budget price liza ;D!

• 6/1/11 18:08 Rosa:

I have found a cosmetics website for NYX. its http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/
    They offer great prices and even cheaper shipping compare to cherry culture.