Sephora VIB Gift Cards 2010

Sephora VIB

Hey!

Thanks to Nicole who told me about this yesterday. Sephora VIB Gift Cards are back! Yay! I know some of you asked about this but I didn’t have any info at the time.

Well, now I do.

Nicole said she got hers but sadly I didn’t get anything so I was kinda crushed but this morning I opened my e-mail and there it was, a shiny gift certificate worth $20!

Best part?

I didn’t have to spend a dime! It was $20 bucks free of stuff! The card is good for in store or online use and starts today and ends December 13.

Be sure to check your inbox today, if you don’t see anything, don’t be disappointed, mine took a hot second to arrive.

• 12/2/10 12:09 duchessbelle:

I got a gift card in the mail a few days ago. $20 gift card w/ $40 minimum. Considering I’ve spent well under $200 in Sephora the whole year, I was very happily surprised!

• 12/2/10 12:12 the Muse:

hey duchess! awesome ;-D No min on mine…which was a nice surprise!

• 12/2/10 12:23 shirley:

mine was $15 off $40, which is pretty exciting too. :)

• 12/2/10 13:00 the Muse:

any free $$ is a good thing eh shirley ;-D

• 12/2/10 12:33 Missy:

mine was $15 off a $40 purchase… and I’m a VIB. I am disappoint. lol

• 12/2/10 15:38 the Muse:

sorry missy :(

• 12/2/10 12:52 Kendra:

Hey Muse, do you know if Canadians will be getting these? I think with the amount that I’ve spent in Sephora, I deserve a little freebie, haha. :P

• 12/2/10 12:55 the Muse:

hi kendra I’m really not sure hun. Sorry :( If I hear anything I’ll let you know!

• 12/2/10 13:11 Laci:

Kendra, according to the Sephora Facebook page, Canadians will be getting them – but the discount is available in store only, not online.

• 12/3/10 1:04 Kendra:

Just wanted to update. I did get mine via email an hour or so ago. Mine also has the 40 dollar limit.

• 12/2/10 16:57 evo:

my friend already got hers. i haven’t gotten my card yet :(

• 12/2/10 19:23 Pattie:

I live in canada, I got the email for 20 off 40 today! =)

• 12/2/10 12:53 evo:

ooo…maybe i’ll get this before i go on another trip to the states. prices are better there than canada plus more choices in stores!

• 12/2/10 14:13 breyerchic04:

The $15 was just for Beauty Insiders not even VIBers. I think.

But I’m confused by sephora so I”m a little scared to try to use it. I signed up online for a Beauty Insider account but they’ve never mailed me a card or anything. So if I go to a store this weekend (an hour away but near something else I have to do) do I print this email, and take it in, then tell them my email address, or what? Or should I just order online.

• 12/2/10 14:28 the Muse:

breyer print the email it has a pin code and a card number. it’s basically like a gift card. no need to tell them your email address simply bring your beauty insider card and the printed email coupon.

• 12/2/10 15:41 breyerchic04:

That’s the problem, I never got the beauty insider card.

• 12/2/10 15:43 the Muse:

have them look it up in store breyer?! just give them your email address.

• 12/2/10 14:49 LorraineER:

When I signed up for beauty insider in-store they gave me a card on the spot but I was always forgetting it, so they just confirm it by asking you for your email address at the register as you are paying for your items so you can get your points. (whew, looong sentence!) I would print the email and bring it with you as well.

• 12/2/10 14:16 Bunny Masseuse:

I’m VIB, but still have NOT received a card yet, quite strange.

• 12/2/10 15:34 Andrea:

I haven’t gotten mine yet, either. I just checked Sephora’s Facebook page and they said that they are still coming out and if you haven’t received yours by tomorrow (Friday) afternoon by around 3 to contact customer service.

• 12/2/10 14:31 Kaoru:

Mine had the $40 minimum too, but not on the card. I had to scroll down to the fine print, and it said it there. Wish they would put it on the card instead, to make it more clear.

• 12/2/10 14:56 the Muse:

I’m not seeing any minimum on mine kaoru!?

• 12/2/10 16:52 Kaoru:

When I scrolled down in the email, gray text at the bottom reads:
        “Apply your promotional $20 USD gift card to one merchandise transaction over $40 USD, and it applies to entire purchase. VALID FROM 12/2/10 through 12/13/10 at 11:59 PST. Must be a registered V.I.B. to redeem. Must be an opted- in/qualified V.I.B. by October 1, 2010. This is a one-time-use-only gift card valid for one shopping transaction at any Sephora store, sephora.com, or Sephora inside JCPenney only. Entire gift card value must be consumed in one transaction. Offer is not available with online Canadian orders. Offer may not be applied toward previous purchases, shipping, or taxes. Offer may not be applied toward eGift certificates or gift cards or to merchandise orders under $40; attempts to do so will invalidate eGift certificate or Gift Card purchase amounts at online checkout. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. One complimentary promotional gift card per person; it is not valid for resale and cannot be combined with another promotional gift card. If you have already redeemed your gift card, please disregard this email message as the gift card is one-time use. Sephora is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards. This gift card must be surrendered at time of purchase in stores. Sephora reserves the right to end or change this promotional offer at any time. Offer is not valid for Sephora or LVMH employees.”

Maybe only some of us have this text? Could be later or earlier batches /shrug.

• 12/7/10 14:14 the Muse:

kaoru worked online without any min ;D

• 12/2/10 14:36 Christy:

Oh wow this is awesome! I haven’t gotten one (in Canada) yet but i’ll be waiting by the mailbox. Thanks for posting a heads up! :)

• 12/2/10 14:54 LorraineER:

I wonder if this can be combined with the 10% off offer that they mail out to new VIB’s. I got that after the F&F sale and haven’t used it yet.

• 12/2/10 14:55 the Muse:

yes lorraine it can b/c one is a gift card and one is a promo code so yes you can use both ;D!

• 12/2/10 15:24 Promise:

So, Beauty Insiders got $15, and VIBs got $20?

• 12/2/10 15:29 the Muse:

believe that’s it promise :)

• 12/6/10 20:50 Sarah:

Apparently not. I saw this page, so I called the hotline and only some VIBs got the $20 card. I really don’t find that fair at all–every VIB had to earn their status the same way, and when we’re rewarded we should all be rewarded equally. The girl on the hotline actually said that it was “the system’s” decision as to which VIBs got the $20 cards.

• 12/2/10 16:10 Cj:

Got mine! ($20) What to get! What to get!! What to get!!! Lol :D

• 12/6/10 16:42 the Muse:

whatcha end up with CJ?! or did you tell me? it’s def Monday :D!

• 12/6/10 17:32 Cj:

I got a Sephora microfiber headband, a couple Stila lip & cheek stains, and a compact to hold my blushes :) How bout you??

• 12/7/10 12:56 the Muse:

ummm cj let me think. aspen palette, fresh duo, tt gel eyeshadows/liners (they were on sale might as well indulge), and I think that’s it? and my 500 Philosophy Perk. It was the christmas shower gels! SCORE! ;D

• 12/2/10 20:31 Courtney:

I hope I get mine soon! No email yet. Maybe it’s coming in the mail?

• 12/6/10 13:18 the Muse:

could be euther courtney, any luck yet?

• 12/3/10 1:06 Cait:

I’m a VIB, and got $20 off $40. i wonder how they decided who got those and who just got straight $20….hmm lol

• 12/6/10 13:09 the Muse:

cait the $40 works without a mini online ;D or at least for me it did!

• 12/3/10 7:37 Jen:

Mine has the $40 minimum too (it’s the first thing it says on the back of my card) but this is still going to come in handy.

• 12/6/10 13:00 the Muse:

jen I used online without a min if that helps!

• 12/3/10 10:04 SwatchCrazee:

I got mine too! So excited! VIB status baby!!!

• 12/3/10 11:15 the Muse:

Sweet Swatch! Congrats!

• 12/3/10 14:46 Katie:

I just made VIB a few weeks ago, but they sent me a $15 gift card. I feel cheated. :(

• 12/3/10 15:09 Andrea:

That happened to me too. I just called customer service, and they gave me a $5 store credit to make up for the difference.

• 12/3/10 15:43 Jessica:

Me too :( I’m going to call them.

• 12/3/10 17:12 Rinny:

Just got mine today, so excited! :)

• 12/6/10 12:46 the Muse:

yay rinny enjoy!

• 12/4/10 8:37 Davina:

Hi Muse,

If you’ve posted a copy of your e-mail, then you’ve got a minimum too. It’s posted on top of the card.

• 12/6/10 10:48 the Muse:

hi Davina I used online and no min on it. Seems to be a loophole according to a few forums I read!

• 12/7/10 18:09 Promise:

As I was beginning to write this, the UPS man rang my doorbell!! ♥ I got Laura Mercier Stickgloss in Courtisane, MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick #13, Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Forest Green, Happy Birthday set, The Sephora Getaway Kit, Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm Duo, and my three samples!!! :D

• 12/8/10 16:04 the Muse:

yay promise! enjoy your goodies Promise!