The British are Coming, The British are Coming!

Provisions arrived via FedEx from England for my Doctor Who themed Boxing Day Party. The goody bags will be awesome….

Now I await that monster shipment of Jelly Babies that was such a smashing success last year!

snack time

• 12/15/10 16:45 Laura:

I love it! Monster munch and bakewells = awesome :)

• 12/15/10 16:46 the Muse:

haha Laura wanna come over? ;D we can sample the wares before the party!

• 12/15/10 17:13 Laura:

Hehe I’m English so I have the luxury of having them all the time :)
        Have you ever tried Quavers? They’re another classic british snack.

• 12/15/10 17:16 the Muse:

total anglophile here Laura so know all the snacks and other oddities about England, culture, telly, etc…hehe ;-D def tried quavers, so yummie ;-D My best friend Libby lives in England so she gives me a healthy injection of snacks and other fun stuff hehe! My personal fav of the moment aren’t crisps of any kind but chocolate. the cadbury clusters…OMG the raisin ones absurdly good.

• 12/16/10 4:21 Laura:

Awesome! I live in the city where the cadbury factory is, I go past it on the train all the time, you can have a tour round but its expensive so I haven’t been since I was a kid.

Gotta love chocolate though… I have to agree with the posted below though, I love a Yorkie!

• 12/16/10 10:25 the Muse:

OMG Laura I’ve been on the cadbury factory tour best experience ever, very wonka for me ;-D hehe! It was years ago though!!!!!!!! dairy milk for me all the way ;D!

• 12/15/10 17:06 S.:

I am completely addicted to Yorkie’s. They’re even better since the packaging says “Not for girls!” & “Do NOT feed the birds!” and being a lady, that makes them extra awesome.

• 12/15/10 17:16 the Muse:

hey s I’m not a yorkie girl myself, more if a dairy milk a fan but agreed love the fun packing on yorkies hehe!

• 12/15/10 17:16 Amanda:

A Doctor Who mention in a beauty blog? I’ve always appreciated your blog but now feel extra gratified because you’re clearly an awesome person in addition to a hard-working reviewer. :)

It’s been driving me crazy to wait until the Christmas special! Even greater anticipation than I have for the new collections, if that’s possible, haha!

• 12/15/10 17:31 the Muse:

amanda are you kidding? you must be new around here LOL I blog who like no one’s biz ;-D it’s a part of Musings as much as makeup haha!

Check the archives chica you’ll find plenty of babble, spoilers, and reviews of episodes ;-D I’ve been a fan since I was a wee one. Truly agreed, more exciting than new collection launches ALL the way ;-D I can’t wait for Christmas Special either ;-D Are you in the UK or the US? I surely hope we get a good, uncut version but I’m doubt if you’re in the US!

• 12/15/10 17:58 Amanda:

I will explore older entries – I’m sure I will end up with a list of makeup I “need” in addition to DW-related entertainment.

I’m in the US. BBC America is actually playing the Christmas special on 25th (I’m shocked): http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/episodes/2010-special-a-christmas-carol.jsp

I don’t get BBC America from my cable provider but don’t worry about me – the internet is a great resource. ;)

• 12/17/10 16:09 the Muse:

ha absolutely amanda!

We are INDEED getting who for christmas. 2nd christmas in a row we get a bit of the Doctor. I’m so happy ;-D I’m having a Who themed boxing party to celebrate the episode ;-D Absolutely. It’ll pop up on youtube I’m sure and other unsavory places ha!

• 12/15/10 17:38 The Beauty Alchemist:

WANT Jelly Babies. Haven’t had any in ages . Your party sounds rockin’ girl.

I need to make a UK candy order now.

• 12/16/10 11:08 the Muse:

COME! You should come! We’d have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just talked to Sam :-D ha she prob thought I was dead ;-D Third week in jan we are looking at some dinner and maybe shoppin’? are you busy!?

• 12/15/10 19:07 Annabella Freeman:

You nutter! xoxo

• 12/16/10 11:05 the Muse:

hehe annabella ;D!

• 12/15/10 20:58 Isabella:

mm. Flake, Twirl and Crunchie bars are my top three favorite candy bars. Enjoy!!!

• 12/16/10 10:52 the Muse:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Twirl Isabella ;-D Love! Crunchie I could never get on board with, totally gags me :P

• 12/15/10 23:58 Allysun:

Yumskies!!
    Ribena for drinks please :D
    If I visit you with my ‘talking’ tardis cookie jar, will you put sum treats in there please pretty please? hehe ;D

• 12/16/10 10:22 the Muse:

cheers ally! in blackcurrant for me! ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ;-D and I’d never admit to having that cookie jar myself, no way, how dorky, I’d never own something like that not me…LOL good to know I’m not alone in my insanity!

• 12/17/10 12:11 The Beauty Alchemist:

3rd week in Jan. should be ok. we’ll touch base as we go,. but fingers crossed :)

• 12/17/10 12:12 the Muse:

awesome ;-D I’m seeing if Perry wants to go to from Lush. Just emailed her. I haven’t seen Sam in ages so it’ll be a treat ;-D Makeup shopping before dinner? ;D