Time for a Little Nookie!

Color Nook Doctor Who

My sis got me the new color Nook for Christmas. I’m trying to wrap my head around all the bells and whistles as I’m a Kindle girl…

So far…

I kinda likey.

Sorry Amazon.

…….but I will say its not REALLY a hardcore reading device.

Any Nook fans?

P.S. It makes me extremely shallow that I love the change wallpaper option right? Damn straight the Doctor is my background!

• 12/30/10 23:51 jkim:

i was just reading about this kindle hack on the nook the other day!

• 12/30/10 23:55 the Muse:

HA do you read minds jkim? I read that too a few days ago! I haven’t tried it yet, was worried that I would lock myself out of my content but I’m so tempted. did you try it?

• 12/31/10 0:43 Jodda:

I won’t ponder this post any further, for I will wonder and possibly lem… Must not cheat on Kindle…
    darnit. I will probably go to barnes and noble site right after this and read more about the nook.
    argh.

• 1/3/11 11:56 the Muse:

lol jodda ;-D I’m a faithful kindle user as well but this is kinda fun!

• 12/31/10 1:41 S.:

I actually own a regular Nook, and I freakin’ love it. I actually drove to the States just so I could get my mittens on one. Not so hot on the Nook Color only because it seems to be more of a tablet than an ereader, but a little part of me still wants one. :)

• 1/17/11 12:57 the Muse:

s def more of a tablet like it but trying to love it ;D!

• 12/31/10 7:19 lissa:

ooh they look pretty and multipurpose– awesome sis Muse. and Kindle is great for when your eyes are tired (eink).

hope you do a review/comparison sometime, I’m hoping to own an ereader eventually but so complicated choice.

• 1/17/11 16:12 the Muse:

absolutely is lissa ;-D love kindle! This is more tablet but still nice ;-D maybe a review!? but don’t count on it hehe, all about the makeup around here!

• 1/17/11 16:19 she of many names:

I don’t have any of them but I’m hoping to get one. I like the option of email access on nook but I’m not sure the color option is worth losing the elink? I get eyestrain with book-style text on screens because I read too fast and don’t blink often enough. Eink might work but I’m not sure if these would. Probably perfect for magazines and webviewing though. So many options. You could start a second book blog? lol :-P

• 12/31/10 10:55 Amanda:

I love my regular old nook Wifi. I chose it over the Kindle when my boyfriend was buying an e-reader for me. I get zero eye strain, have a bunch of classics downloaded on it (for free!), and love that I can change font size and type to be easier on my eyes. I also love that I can put multiple sources of ebooks on my nook, including e-pubs, and that it runs Droid, so if I felt like rooting it I could. I can also expand my memory with a microSD. And….I can go to my local B&N and read things for free.
    That said, the cynical nerd in me can’t get behind the Nook Color. The point of the ereader is to have lower eye strain…which a color LCD screen takes away. I don’t care if my books are in grey…I want to be able to read them for hours on end.

• 1/17/11 16:27 she of many names:

ty!

• 12/31/10 13:04 Ashley:

My hubby got me a Nook Color for Christmas too! I love mine!

• 1/3/11 16:22 the Muse:

ashley I’m getting turned on to it ;D!

• 1/17/11 16:31 she of many names:

MUSE! *sigh* I suppose it’s better for the environment than a glossy Playgirl subscription. And zoom of course.

I mean umm errr..

Just teasing muse. :-P

• 1/3/11 11:08 Jenny:

I received the nook-color too from my boyfriend. I have to say I’m loving it. It’s supposed to be getting an update that allows for apps soon.

• 1/3/11 15:59 the Muse:

so I heard Jenny w00t plants and zombie action? ;D!

• 1/4/11 9:19 Emily:

I LOVE my Nook! Especially the fact that I can actually share books with other friends too.

• 1/4/11 10:03 the Muse:

i love that feature too emily just wish it wasn’t limited to a single lend boohoo :(