Top 10 Gifts A Beauty Junkie Does Not Want!

Worst Gifts

Ahh presents! If you’re lucky your friends and family members know you well enough to get you just what you want. But…sometimes…even the people we love get it really, really, really….WRONG!

Here are the Top 10 Gifts that this Beauty Junkie does NOT want to get this Holiday Season!

Jump!

Number 1 and 2: The Snuggie!

Please Santa do not bless me with a Snuggie. There could be a major Global Warming with an arctic blast so intense that it’ll shake my house but I still DO not want to wrap myself in a felt-like robe and snuggle on my couch to watch telly.

Worst Gift

No. Just no.

This is what warm lambie blankets are for. Damn Bath and Body Works for not bringing them back this year.

I believe even Wil Wheaton has expressed a strong dislike of the Camouflage Snuggie…I knew I loved that geek for a reason. I can only think to myself WHY would they make a Camouflage at all?! WTH!?

And speaking of Snuggies…please don’t gift my dog with one either.

Snuggies are on the Do Not Want Christmas List.

P.S. His and her Snuggies and Outdoor Snuggies are also OUT of the question!

Number 3: The Clapper.

I have not reached a point in my life where I am too lazy to get off my butt and turn the lights or TV off. I do not want to depend on clapping to turn things off in my life.

Clapper

This is just lame.

Do not gift me with a Clapper, I will laugh at you if you do.

Number 4: Cheap Makeup

Please don’t gift me with a mega makeup palette you purchased at CVS with the Color Workshop or some other lame company’s name printed on it.

You should know better, for shame!

Number 5: Bad Sweaters.

Colin Firth

Yes, Colin Firth did make it rather endearing to sport a REALLY bad Christmas sweater but I, on the other hand, do NOT want a Christmas sweater for Christmas.

Please don’t gift me with a green sweater and a big Santa Claus. It’s cute for my dear old mum to prance around in one but not me, k?

Number 6: The Obama Chia Pet or any Chia Pet for that matter.

oBAMA

I consider myself an upstanding American Citizen however I do not want a pottery vase shaped like my President’s head that sports little green sprouts in it when I add water.

No, no, no really bad gift.

By the way, this applies to the Shrek, SpongeBob, Lady Liberty, and Original Chia Pet creations.

Number 7: Framed Photos of your Children Sitting on Santa’s Lap CRYING their eyes out.

For some reason or another children DO not dig Santa. Sit them on a strange old man’s lap with a beard and they will cry about 95.9% of the time. Yes, I have had friends who have gifted me with photos of their children sitting on dear Old Saint Nick’s lap and crying their little hearts out.

WHY are you torturing your children this way? And me for that matter.

Do not want your Christmas photo, k, thanks.

Number 8: Sausage, Cheese, or other food that looks like it could survive a nuclear blast!

Cheese

Please don’t gift me with food or snacks that have an expiration date well after I’m dead and gone.

Number 9: Waxing Kits, Razors, Nose Hair Trimmers, Etc…

I don’t need to be reminded how hairy I am.

RAZOR

Number 10: FRUIT CAKE!

Fruit

No, just NO! God, no!

What are some gifts you DO NOT want to receive this Christmas?

What are some of the worst you’ve gotten in the past?

Do share ‘em!

• 12/20/10 13:49 Cait:

i just KNEW the color workshop palettes would be on here lol. Those things are the worst. I’ve been known to throw every last thing in them away, except for maybe a decent highlight shade or something (mostly just because I felt bad)

• 12/20/10 13:51 the Muse:

lmao cait right?! ;-D I haven’t gotten one since I was 13 but man I still remember how BAD it was ;D!

• 12/20/10 13:52 peri:

lol…before i even clicked the link i just knew there’d be a snuggy there. i have a snuggy, but its a fancy one my dad got me, its furry, not fleece, and he got it at the big and tall store, so its gynormous, and i could easily use it as a blanket on a queen sized bed lol. but it is cozy, and i love it…i wouldnt want a fleece one though, i have lots of fleece blankets that work just fine…and i notice that when i do use my snuggy, i dont ever put my arms through the holes…i just use it as a blanket lol. other then that, i wouldnt want anything on your list there either lol. i cant think of anything off hand though that definitely dont want…theres really nothing i DO want either lol.

• 12/20/10 13:54 the Muse:

Some people SWEAR by snuggies but they feel like felt to me not even fleece peri ;-D but the one you got sounds gorggggg!

• 12/20/10 13:59 JoElla:

Don’t hate.. but we love our snuggies! We had to buy a few more.
    LOL

• 12/20/10 14:19 the Muse:

lol jo I honestly never tried one but they always feel like felt instead of fleece to me which is oddly not appealing :P but I trust your judgment that they are good :D!

• 12/20/10 14:31 Nunu:

Snuggies make my hair stand on end – literally and figuratively. Have you ever noticed how the red ones make you look like members of the cult from The Village?
    Oh god I’m so glad you mentioned cheap cosmetics, last year an aunty gifted me with a one of those Color Workshop palettes with a bazillion colours because she heard my mum mention that I’m “into makeup”. I’m sorry dear aunty, I appreciate the thought but I donated your gift to charity ToT

• 12/20/10 14:33 the Muse:

LOL Nunu!!!!!! OMG that Village reference has me rolling ;-D LOL!!!!!!!!!! your poor aunt, hope she doesn’t read Musings!

• 12/20/10 14:37 jenna:

i have the leopard print snuggie hehe. i use it sometimes for reading or…eating in front of the TV LOL! so my arms can be warm during those activities. i wish i was joking lol but i do appreciate the arm holes at those times! but muse, you’re right about the fabric. it’s poo and it’s not even warm! i prefer to wrap myself up in a giant thick quality blanket.
    currently adding peri’s snuggie-type-thing to my last minute wish list!!! giant big and tall furry snuggie be mine!

• 12/20/10 14:45 the Muse:

Jenna that’s my only beef with the snuggie, it feels like felt….and not really comfortable?! Plus someone mentioned static, and many you can prob light a room up with that static cling haha ;-D but I honestly prefer a nice quality lap blanket over the snuggie just b/c of the fabric ;D!!!!!

• 12/20/10 14:56 Perry:

Have I mentioned that I seriously considered getting the Obama Chia pet for my father?

• 12/20/10 15:12 the Muse:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Perry! SERIOUSLY!? LOL your dad is very diplomatic?!

• 12/20/10 15:01 Colleen:

I have a snuggie and so does my dog all i can say is don’t doubt it till you’ve tried it ;)

• 12/20/10 15:11 the Muse:

Colleen def tried it once as my sis has it, I kinda stroked it for a little bit and proceeded to get a wicked electric shock and that’s when I realized I couldn’t be a part of snuggie-ville ;D!

• 12/20/10 15:02 Courtney:

They actually make “deluxe” snuggies now in a microplush or some other odd not found in nature fiber. They’re not as bad as the felt ones.

• 12/20/10 15:10 the Muse:

odd not found in nature fiber courtney? LOL!

• 12/20/10 15:33 Kristen:

LOL I actually really like the color workshop. I got a traincase for myself yesterday and the colors are pretty pigmented

• 12/20/10 15:35 the Muse:

hey Kristen ;-D I honestly haven’t tried ‘em in YEARS so maybe formula is way better than it was ;-D!

• 12/20/10 15:46 Kristen:

I was really hesitant to buy it, but mostly bought just for review. The brushes are crap, but the lipsticks and shadows are decent.

• 12/20/10 15:47 the Muse:

ah brushes are always crap on most DS brand stuff. Physicians Formula is legendary for having such crappy brushes :P Happy to hear the shadows are decent, that’s always my first pick of the litter!

• 12/20/10 15:52 tina:

…………:( i have a snuggie but mine’s the plush kind so it doesn’t feel like felt…
    most of the things on your list, I either have or want…everything sans cheap mu and razor :P

• 12/20/10 16:06 the Muse:

you have the clapper/want the clapper tina?! You lie! LOL!

• 12/20/10 19:50 tina:

of course i have it! i clap it on everyday too! XD

• 12/21/10 9:52 the Muse:

tina, tina, tina….lol!

• 12/20/10 15:53 Erin:

You know what else I hate? (I agree with almost everything on your list btw) Those cheap chocolates from the dollar store made by brands you’ve never heard of. I’m no chocolate snob (I actually really love Kit Kats or M&Ms), but the ones that have maraschino cherries and taste like cough syrup mixed with corn syrup….. *shudders*.

and I always get them. every year.

• 12/20/10 16:06 the Muse:

EW erin! what in the world are people thinking gifting you with that! yak!

• 12/21/10 0:29 Christine:

I hate those too! :( One time I tried to cut the actual chocolate off the nasty filling but it got to be too much work.

• 12/20/10 16:51 Marina:

I would consider getting the Obama Chia pet as a gag gift (or ANY Chia for that matter)….
    My friends all love their Snuggies. Personally, I don’t get it….but I’ll admit to KINDA wanting to Harry Potter one XD

• 12/20/10 16:54 makeup morsels:

hahah I’ve definitely gotten cheap makeup lots of times as gifts. I really don’t know what to do with it…it’s not like I would want to regift that stuff either. I did get a Snuggie for Christmas this year. I don’t think I’m going to get a whole lot of use out of it, but it’s warm and fuzzy at least!

• 12/21/10 9:55 the Muse:

ha makeup morsels same here…people hear I like makeup and they assume that means ANY makeup! LOL!

• 12/20/10 16:58 Laura:

I’m with you! Even though I love me some Obama, and gardening, THEY DO NOT GO TOGETHER!

• 12/20/10 17:01 the Muse:

LMAO Laura You got that right!

• 12/20/10 17:00 Annette:

Oh how I hate the color workshop, lol! I’ve gotten quite a few of them throughout the years and they have all been horrible. I feel bad because it is a thoughtful gift considering how much I like makeup, but they just are not usable to me. I’m not a snob. I have a lot of drugstore makeup that I love. But the quality of color workshop is like play makeup for kids. Chalky, streaky, no pigment, not long lasting. It’s horrible! The only thing that is decent in them are maybe the lipsticks, but they aren’t the best. I always end up giving them to my daughter or nieces to play with.

• 12/20/10 17:04 sugar sugar:

LOL to the fruitcake! xD In the Philippines everyone gives out mugs and gets mugs during Christmas. Every person here probably has a mug collection of his/her own.

• 12/21/10 9:54 the Muse:

OMG sugar how could I forget the mugs?! LL! those are AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D!

• 12/20/10 17:21 Maggie:

Man, I too used to be a Snuggie hater (I’m STILL a camouflage Snuggie hater – I mean, seriously, WTF), but… but… my boyfriend got me a Snuggie for Christmas. One of the super-soft and warm microplush ones. And it is totally awesome. I did not previously understand why a blanket with arms would be so amazing. But it is. Especially if you live in beastly cold Portland, OR. I have come to realize that one can hate the Snuggie until one actually TRIES the Snuggie, and then can hate no more. They’re dumb for any activity for which you don’t actually need your arms (i.e. eating Fritos while watching telly), but they’re great for things like knitting and other such things :)

• 12/20/10 18:10 rainbow:

HA this post made me laugh so hard! I still find it hard to believe some of this stuff still exists (ahem* cia pet and clapper), they’ve been advertising it longer than I’ve been alive!

• 12/21/10 9:53 the Muse:

LOL same rainbow. I mean a chia pet was actually amazingly cool circa 1985! LOL!

• 12/20/10 18:21 Beautiful Canvas:

LOL…I did get a snuggie, but for my bday. My friend was so excited, I felt bad that i didn’t share the same sentiment. Needless to say…

• 12/21/10 9:53 the Muse:

lol beautiful canvas hope she isn’t reading here ;D

• 12/20/10 18:55 KimiErin:

haha, and I just watched Bridget Jones’ diary the other day. I actually want an ugly Christmas sweater because I find them amusing.

• 12/21/10 9:52 the Muse:

ha kim! so romantic ;-D Mark Darcy in a reindeer sweater, yes my dream man!

• 12/20/10 19:03 Giselle:

I will take any cheese/sausage basket off your hands :D

• 12/21/10 9:52 the Muse:

by all means giselle…LOL!

• 12/20/10 20:14 LorraineER:

My mom got me a snuggie last year but it was as a joke! When I first saw the snuggie for dogs I laughed my ass off. I can just imagine trying to put one of those on my dogs…pffft.
    You know what’s way better than a snuggie? Those fake fur blankets you can get at places like Linens N Things or Target. They usually sell them rolled up with a ribbon around them and they feel like a fur coat. They’re the size of a throw and they are SO soft and warm. The inside layer is like a soft sude material. It’s all fake but feels real and they’re not usually expensive either.
    Just don’t put them in the dryer- it’ll melt the fur and make them much less soft and scraggly looking.
    I look forward to it being cold just so I can wrap myself up in one of those on the couch. Yum!

• 12/21/10 9:52 the Muse:

my dogs would NOT go there Lorraine lol! aw hells yes agreed, Target has ‘em too! I got some really gorgeous ones this year at Neiman Marcus for friends as gifts, they were SO cuddly soft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 12/20/10 20:16 Jasmine:

I really don’t like dubious-brand bath sets consisting of ONLY soap bars wrapped up in Christmas paper … that either don’t smell good, aren’t good to my skin, or look like they’ve been on the gift rack since the Christmas before last ….

• 12/21/10 9:51 the Muse:

ha christmas before last, last, last jasmine!

• 12/20/10 20:47 Nik:

My boyfriend got a can of “fancy” (!!) mixed nuts for Christmas from his crazy aunt when he was 17! He thought there would be money inside and he opened it and saw the seal! :)

The worst thing I got was from last year! A long sleeved teenage purple shirt (I am almost 30!) I have a fraternal twin sis and they sent a matching one for her too! :) I guess the gift was laughter and that’s not bad! :)

• 12/21/10 9:51 the Muse:

wow….his aunt really went all out nik! LOL! ha if it wasn’t a joke that would be a shame ;D!!!!!!!!!

• 12/20/10 20:56 Sarah:

LOL. The CVS one with the Color Palette made me laugh. Everytime I am forced to watch someone buy bazillions of them I just shudder. No. Just. No.
    *has bad flashbacks of first makeup set that I seriously overused*
    *hopes they have started to get something right*

But hey, if someone wants to spend the $30+ on my way overpriced necessary Venus Embrace razor blades for my stocking *ahem, boyfriend;)* then who am I to complain?

• 12/21/10 10:11 the Muse:

ha sarah you’re the first person to admit they WANT a razor lol!

• 12/20/10 21:06 Paris B:

I’d like a snuggie! *hides in shame* hehe… its too warm here though. Thank goodness perhaps? ;)

• 12/21/10 9:49 the Muse:

THANK GOD sue. Thank GOD for the heat LOL!

• 12/20/10 21:10 lissa:

yes, these and no cheap chocolate. calories are reserved for the worthy lol. then again, any gift with a gift receipt is negotiable :-)

especially if it’s Sephora, BBW, even target and cvs sell good stuff.

muse they’re just trying to cover ya in snuggies so they don’t feel slobby in theirs lol

• 12/21/10 9:49 the Muse:

sometimes they don’t include the bloody gift receipt Lissa! Horror! haha! it’s a conspiracy to get me to wear a snuggie and than blackmail me about it later right!?

• 12/20/10 21:45 Taryn:

Hey Muse, I think I have some Hickory Farms hard sausage that was recovered from the Chernobyl wreckage. I’ll be sending it your way to spread some holiday cheer! Just ignore the weird green glow, OK?

Oh, and I think I’m the only one who likes those cheap Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries. I’ll eat just about anything if there’s a chocolate-like substance involved.

• 12/21/10 9:48 the Muse:

gee thanks Taryn, truly you’re a gem of a friend LOL! ROFL! I’ll be sure to return the favor with the Queen Annie Chocolate Covered Cherries I have here left over from my grandmother’s great depression years…don’t mind the dusts, they are still very fresh! LOL!

• 12/20/10 22:08 Heather:

I got a Slanket and I adore it. :)

• 12/21/10 9:47 the Muse:

I had to google slanket heather had no idea what it was!

• 12/21/10 9:49 the Muse:

ok heather the slanket wins the award for being worst than the snuggie LOL

• 12/20/10 22:33 Tracy:

Hahaha! My brother got me a Snuggie last year as a joke. He was actually shocked when he realized I use it everyday. It gets cold in Chicago and the snuggie keeps me warm while I work on my computer.

• 12/21/10 9:45 the Muse:

Chicago is like the arctic tracy we excuse you to use that snuggie LOL

• 12/20/10 23:06 Ryou:

I bet whoever invented the Snuggie got idea from wearing their bathrobes backwards… =__=

• 12/20/10 23:11 Ryou:

Oh, and speaking of the clapper…

• 12/21/10 9:45 the Muse:

damn clapper is a mood killer too ryou! HA!

• 12/20/10 23:48 Carol-Patricia:

Clappers should only be sold to people who can’t physically get up and turn off the light.
    You should need a prescription.

• 12/21/10 9:44 the Muse:

LOL Carol VERY good point ;D

• 12/21/10 0:06 Odbery:

But have you seen the Harry Potter snuggie? It looks like a Gryffindor robe? Now that one I wouldn’t mind :P

• 12/21/10 9:43 the Muse:

No odbery! Seriously?! a HP snuggie?! YOU LIE!

• 12/21/10 0:16 Sara:

NO! GOD NO! (Michael’s reaction to Toby on the Office!) hahaha =)

• 12/21/10 9:46 the Muse:

LOL SARA!!!!!!!!

• 12/21/10 0:21 emily:

My husband got me nothing but a toaster one year for Christmas. And no, I wasn’t bad that year- we were pretty poor, but that’s no excuse! He will never live that down and completely spoils me nowadays :).

• 12/21/10 0:34 Lucy:

I agree with your gifts! Nothing worse than cheap makeup. I’ve gotten those tons of eye shadows in one gift. How can you smile when you get those. I also hate music bought for me when it’s not to my taste.

• 12/21/10 9:41 the Muse:

oh gosh yes I’ve gotten really bad music too Lucy! >:/

• 12/21/10 0:39 Johanna:

This had me rollin’! Very funny.

• 12/21/10 9:41 the Muse:

ha Johanna ;D

• 12/21/10 0:48 mon:

You know, being a college student in a dorm, I wouldn’t mind a nice quality Snuggie to help keep me warm while studying, a chia pet to brighten up my room (if I could get it to grow and stay alive), some sausage and cheese for when I have late night munchies and everything else I have is either rotten or moldy, and I am hairy enough to be thankful for a gift that helps with those, um, problems.

My worst present ever was when I was little, a teenaged boy who was a friend of the family got me a green cardboard chicken hat for my birthday. It gathered dust until one time my cousin needed a strange hat to wear to her school’s costume party.

• 12/21/10 9:40 the Muse:

a green cardboard chicken hat? I’m trying to picture it mon but nothing coming to mind lol!

• 12/21/10 18:52 mon:

Hmm, I tried to find it on google images for you, but it’s a pretty unique hat… Ooh I also remember once getting one of those cheap makeup sets for Christmas. It came with a great, large traincase though so the makeup got chucked and the traincase now houses some of my makeup :D

• 12/22/10 10:46 the Muse:

ha mon! at least you made use of the traincase thankful for small favors girl!

• 12/21/10 6:34 Pepper:

Speaking of snuggies, I will always prefer the blanket that I stole from my dad about 6 years ago. For years he’s been looking for that particular blanket, only recently he know that I took it quietly. So he bought another one and my mum let me use it when I’m home during school holiday =P .

Clapper? who would want a clapper? for me clapper only exist in movie, can’t remember which movie in particular.

our family didn’t celebrate Christmas but I would not want to receive any Twilight series novels or related merchandise. I love books, but if I get Twilight, I’ll find a way to sell so I can get something better.

• 12/21/10 9:32 the Muse:

blankets are way better than a snuggle Pepper ;-D

ha no one better gift with the clapper, I’ll cut them if they do ;-D haha!

twilight=over done lately *head desk*

• 12/21/10 6:42 kali:

LOLLLLL.. This is so funny because just about everyone I know LIKES snuggies (I think they’re hideous and strange.) And also, just the other day, my friend asked if I had an Christmas sweater she could borrow. =P

Oh and in 8th grade (gosh that was a long time ago), my friend got me one of those “mega kits” by The Color Workshop -you know the ones they sell at drugstores? I remember everything in the kit being unusable but bless her heart for trying.

• 12/21/10 9:31 the Muse:

hehe kali! My sis likes ‘em too but I seriously don’t see the appeal lol!

awww sweet friend lol! and hey in 8th grade it was prob awesome right?!

• 12/21/10 7:51 Nia:

This list is hilarious! I hurt I was laughing to much.
    It’s embarrassing actually to see what people (and companies for that matter) come up with. The head with the green stuff on top is outright scary.

Other do not want presents are perfume (I can choose my own, thank you very much) or evem worse, scented body lotions in a basket. Urgh.
    The longer I think about it, the better vouchers for books etc and a box of chocolates sound. Really sad though.

I hope enough people see your bad list and get better ideas :)

• 12/21/10 9:22 the Muse:

hehe nia ;-D glad you enjoyed! oh god yes I’ve gotten so many of those scented body lotion baskets yak! I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but def DO not want any of this stuff LOL!

• 12/21/10 8:01 G46:

did you notice how similar the packaging of lotions & body spray on the main page of markwins international website compare to Bath & Body Works products? They look like the Japanese Cherry Blossom packaging!!

• 12/21/10 10:09 the Muse:

ha just noticed that g4!

• 12/21/10 11:55 Bridget Sandate:

My dads a duck hunter and he got himself the Camouflage Snuggie and I was like -_- rly dad? lol but to top it off,my sister has a poodle which who she shaves a lot and they live in Utah so I bought him a blue snuggie and he actually likes it a lot. But yeah, no to the snuggie.

• 12/21/10 12:00 the Muse:

ha seriously bridget? I kinda find that cute lol! your dad sounds fun! My dogs would never go for it, they’d run around like crazy animals if I tried to stick them in a snuggie hehe!

• 12/21/10 12:58 Ru:

Hilarious! Sadly, I’ve gotton both the snuggie and cheap makeup. The snuggie was a F-U gift from someone… well karma is a you-know-what and it already has a target on her back. The cheap makeup was HUGE and gross and got it before I was a makeup junkie and even then I thought it was uselss. Why do they make those things?!

• 12/21/10 13:44 the Muse:

lol ru an FU gift?! never got one of those before ;-D!

• 12/21/10 14:51 Jo:

I have a snuggie or slanket (more commonly used here in the UK! Blanket with sleeves = slanket) but I use it for sleeping and hangovers put on backwards like a robe of some sort…One of my flatmates has one too and we mope around the house in them!

• 12/21/10 14:55 the Muse:

ah that’s where the slanket term came from Jo, never heard of one ;D!

• 12/21/10 16:18 Sara:

Lol, I love your list!

I broke one of your xmas rules when I grabbed cheapie makeup palettes for my sister and a friend. In my defense I thought they were pretty, unique, and I even got one for myself. :p

And fruitcake? Call me crazy, but I’m obsessed with loving fruitcake. I haven’t had a good one yet, but I know there just has to be one out there! Last year I got one from a local bakery. It was baked in a cheap aluminum tin and tasted like metal. Those same cakes were still for sale as recent as two months ago….ew. So I want a fruitcake that doesn’t taste like metal this year! Even told my husband and friends that was all I wanted – a GOOD fruitcake. Good luck to them.

• 12/22/10 10:51 the Muse:

sara you can’t play with us anymore if you give cheap palettes….! hehe only kiddin’ ;-D hey if they were pretty and unique I’d be on board ;-D My dad is too. He has diabetes so I actually have to jump through hoops every year tracking him down sugar free fruit cake because he’s so bloody obsessed with it. I don’t like the texture to be honest…! if you live in ny try Elizabeth, NJ they have alot of Portuguese groceries and bakeries that make amazing fruit cakes, that’s where I get his!

• 12/22/10 20:05 Sara:

If only! I live pretty damn far from NY ( or any kind of cultured city, unfortunately)….so I’ll just have to be stuck with the hickory farms of the world. *sigh*

Must…..find….NY…friend. :D

• 12/23/10 13:58 the Muse:

*raises hand* New York Friend sara ;D!

• 12/21/10 20:48 ellemck1:

No Snuggie, no Snuggie, NO SNUGGIE!!!! And no pj’s for that matter. I’m oddly picky about what style pj’s I wear, and I like to be the only one to buy them. And definitely no cheap makeup, my skin has expensive taste, it breaks out with a lot of the cheapie stuff. There are certain family members I have to make sure get a list complete with size, color, and URL… I love them, but they don’t tend to get me good things without advice. Oh, and any scent stuff that’s floral. Yech. My poor family, I’m so picky!

• 12/22/10 10:46 the Muse:

LOL ellemck! It’s ok I’m picky too!

• 12/22/10 1:17 Zang:

omg!! one time this cousin-in-law/ ex-friend gave me a CLEARANCED item cheap mega makeup palette from a super chain store, i don’t want to mention the name of. it was like KIDS’ makeup!! THEN the mirror fell out!

i thought we were such good friends, i got her this really nice hefty amount to aeropostle and all i got as a cheap mega palette that seemed OVERDUE!!

i dont’ talk to her anymore. (it wasn’t because of the cheap makeup though. she was just B.A.D. FOR ME. who needs family like her!)

• 12/22/10 10:44 the Muse:

aw zang that’s the pits! :( sorry to hear it. Maybe she thought it was GOOD!??!

• 12/22/10 18:55 Shannon:

I read this whilst wearing a snuggie. And I’m not even kidding. :P

• 12/23/10 13:57 the Muse:

LOL Shannon!

• 12/22/10 22:33 Pynk Nymphette:

The only thing that is decent from the Color Workshop palettes are the nude lipsticks. I still have mine from awhile ago and use it as a base. Works pretty good, almost like Urban Decays LOL

• 12/23/10 19:59 cinthya:

this post is so funny because my son wants the clapper and the chia thing but i told him “no” ,lol (he’s 9 years old) and he loves snuggies, i have one for him under the christmas tree and i got one at Macy’s for me and that one is very cozy and warm and yep, everything else on your list are bad gifts, but on another note i’m just happy that people remembers me on Christmas, by the way ”Merry Christmas ” to you and everyone of your subscribers.

• 12/28/10 14:56 the Muse:

ha cinthya ;-D he has my do not want list under wraps there hehehe ;-D Happy Christmas a little belated and a great New Year to you!

• 12/28/10 20:54 cinthya:

Thank you Muse! Happy New Year to you too!

• 12/29/10 10:04 the Muse:

aw thanks hun! ;-D came quick this year eh?

• 12/26/10 14:46 theRothstanator:

Ugh I got two Wet ‘n Wild sets for Christmas. Awful. Also, this “The New Pretty” palette from Belk’s. Gross.

• 2/17/12 21:26 Lyndzay09:

Baha! Loved that Bridget Jones one, Colin Firth can sure pull off a Christmas sweater.