Beauty Most Unusual: EyeBall Piercing

unusual

I’m all about defining yourself as a person. After all, it’s what sets us apart from each right? Our likes, interests, the way we present ourselves, how we cloth ourselves or do our hair, and in our case we love makeup and beauty and use it to define ourselves.

Some folks go to the extreme and embrace tattoos, body piercings, modifications, and the likes to make their own statements but there is one that may be a bit unusual….and possibly dangerous.

Check it!

Eyeball piercing.

Whoa.

Ha definably Beauty Unusual eh?

I won’t post it here as it definitely gave me a case of the heebie jeebies but there are videos on youTube showing these extreme piercings being done. Honestly, just looking at pictures of it makes me squeamish!

Eyeball piercing 2

Eyeball piercing 1

Basically, tiny gems are surgically placed under the mucous membrane of the eye in shapes of hearts, stars, etc….

This is falls into the realms of Beauty Most Unusual for sure…!

Anything messing with my eyes is a big no.

Thanks to Jenna for today’s Beauty Most Unusual find. If you have one do e-mail to me at [email protected]

What do you think of Eyeball piercing?

Are you extreme enough to try it?

Like the way it looks?

Absolutely not?

Share it!

source

• 1/28/11 10:50 Steph:

Um…NO. That’s all I gotta say.

• 1/28/11 10:52 Phyrra:

Ok that was totally creepy!

• 1/28/11 10:53 thatgurlwho:

Oh my goodness! I’m also really squeamish about eyes and eek! It doesn’t look bad but I don’t even want to think about the procedure to get it in there.

• 1/28/11 10:58 clementine:

…Yeah, no, I can never imagine getting used to something that big being in my eye all the time. Eyelashes are bad enough!

• 1/28/11 11:04 Marina:

No way. Not EVER. I don’t even like putting eye drops in my eyes….there is so way I’d ever do this…
    Have you ever read The Hunger Games? This completely reminds me of something the citizens of The Capitol would do.

• 1/28/11 14:03 the Muse:

same here marina I can’t do drops even never mind piercing, seriously! omg yes ;-D true ;D!

• 1/28/11 17:32 Maddy:

I adore the Hunger Games, and Effie would totally do this! XD

• 7/8/11 11:42 Jessica:

Totally love the Hunger Games! And this really reminded me of it, but it reminded me even more of Pretties by Scott Westerfeld, its a MUST READ, and this is SO the kinda thing pretties would do!

• 1/27/12 11:29 kilikina:

you have to start with Uglies first tho!! fabulous series-es. lol. they’re both great!

• 1/28/11 11:12 katrosado5:

Anything messing with my eyes is a big no too Muse. I bet her eye is always a bit red with that under the surface. What if it migrates? It doesn’t appear to be sewn down or egads they wouldn’t put glue? *shudders* I don’t want to think about it anymore. Yikes.

• 1/28/11 11:21 the Muse:

katros agreed and I was curious what if your eye is itchy or you rub your eyes etc? eep!

• 1/28/11 11:23 Andrea:

I physically shuddered after looking at the picture. That’s just nuts!

• 1/28/11 11:34 Mel:

WOW – really! Why in the world would someone want to do that! Pierce your nose, lips, etc….but that just seems so wrong.

• 1/28/11 11:39 Constanze:

I’m tattoed and pierced myself, but this… HOLY MAMA! No way! Just thinking about all the complications and possible infections makes me feel queasy…

• 1/28/11 11:53 Anna Crystal:

I would ABSOLUTELY do this! But I think it isn’t legal here

• 1/28/11 12:04 Brittany:

NO WAY. It’s sick and I can’t imagine the long-term complications. People are stupid.

• 1/28/11 12:18 Lenna:

I’ve seen that before! Not in real life, but online. But yeah…no…I’m still too scared to get my ears pierced, so no waaay. I mean, I can wear contacts, but if they start to itch or get gross, at least I can toss them in 2 seconds. Can’t do that with a piercing under your eye’s mucus membrane.

And anyway, who would even be able to see that piercing, unless they were all up in their face anyway. u__u;; I

• 1/28/11 12:32 Anitacska:

Eeuw! This looks horrible! Worse than jewels in your teeth like Sporty Spice used to have. Ugh.

• 1/28/11 12:49 Aenaria:

Eyes are one of the few things that don’t make me squeamish (years of wearing contacts), but the sight of those veins over the heart sent a physical shiver down my back!

• 1/28/11 13:01 peri:

i think it looks really cute. but i would never EVER do it. i wont even use contacts because i dont like things touching my eye. glasses all the way lol. and lasik eye surgery? forget that shit. no ones messing with my eyes lol

• 1/28/11 14:02 the Muse:

lol same here peri. I’m really squeamish about my eyes!

• 1/28/11 13:22 Stellar:

I was thinking something worse than what the picture has shown. It looks nice…but to be permanent. Nooo thanks. My eyes are important.

• 1/28/11 13:32 JoElla:

AAAAAAAAAACKK!

OMG why? WHY?

• 1/28/11 14:01 cait:

oh my gosh. i love piercings in general, but this is just a big NO. My eyes hurt just looking at it

• 1/28/11 14:06 Eve:

I LOVE piercings, but in your eyes? I wouldn’t think anyone would hardly notice! Not to mention no one’s getting near my eyes!

• 1/28/11 15:55 stacie:

it just likes a one way ticket to going blind after an infection. I don’t mind body mods, i;ve got 2 tats, but that is beyond pointless

• 1/28/11 17:25 Annabella Freeman:

Umm I wasn’t born with hearts in my eyeballs and I wouldn’t pay someone to put them there either!

More money than sense!

• 1/28/11 17:29 Lauren:

ok, I’m taking anatomy this semester in school and we just went over the eye AND i’ve had Lasix done.

Who would want something like this???

• 1/28/11 19:03 MC:

Eyeballs freak me out….this scares me to no end…there are few piercings that make me squeamish, but this now tops the cake!

• 1/29/11 7:55 Dawn:

OMG is that even SAFE?
    people get infections from piercings if it isnt well taken care of…can you imagine how messed up it’ll be if the eyeball got infected?Dangerous :S

• 1/29/11 11:38 Audrey D:

Why people? Why?

• 1/29/11 13:13 Yuki:

Definitely a huge nono. Look, her eyes are already irritated by that foreign object!! Broken capillaries everywhere!!! I’m assuming the person is a girl cuz I dont think a guy would put a heart shaped thing. Hahahaha.

• 1/29/11 13:34 Tam:

HELL NO!
    I consider myself a pretty open minded person but this is just plain stupid!
    I love circles lenses and stuff but this is senseless!

• 1/29/11 17:40 Marie:

Oh no, no, absolutely not, never ever in a million years, etc…

I think body modifications on / through /under the skin if done properly is OK because the skin is a formidable organ that can handle it (if not pushed too far). And you can decide to make it disappear (although laser hurts so bad) if you change your mind.
    But the eyes? OMG NO! You get one pair, so don’t mess with it, ever.

• 1/29/11 17:41 Marie:

body modification*

*ugh* I need to sleep. :p

• 1/29/11 18:36 LorraineER:

I don’t even like getting that cataract test where they blow that little puff of air at your eye in the doctor’s office..I can’t imagine choosing to mess with my eye like that. I love body mods and even find some of the more extreme ones appealing but I don’t really like this.
    But, to each their own!

• 1/29/11 20:02 LU:

Oh boy. That makes me a little sick.

• 1/29/11 23:36 Donna:

urgh, i have lots of piercings and tattoos, but this is ridiculous, just like people that get their eyeballs tattooed. what the hell? do they want their eyeball to explode?

• 1/30/11 1:58 Isabel:

That is just so so so so so so so.. wrong.. What if that sharp part of the heart pokes out?! *shivers*

• 1/30/11 2:00 Bev:

no way !

And a heart on your eyeball? really? of all things.

• 1/30/11 2:59 LizKS:

Why would anyone want to take chances with their sight? Anything could happen to that thing in the eye and then you are loosing your eye. That’s just nutz!

• 1/30/11 5:15 Tigress:

WTF is wrong with people?! How anyone could possibly think this is a good idea is beyond me.

• 1/31/11 0:22 Anna:

I first noticed this fad because a checker at my grocery store has one. Its pretty noticeable and a little disturbing. I wonder if these folks get sick of people asking or commenting about that “something” in their eye.

• 1/31/11 0:37 pamela:

OMG! UNbelievble! Me NO likey! Future eye damage is never a good thing!

• 1/31/11 3:25 Soo:

ohhh my god. the pictures alone are terrifying. I’m even scared to get lasik let alone an eye piercing!

• 1/31/11 15:18 Shamini:

Humongous NO.

• 2/1/11 12:40 Sara:

Hell to the NO! I have multiple tattoos and piercings, but I do NOT screw around with my eyes. I watched my grandmother lose her sight in the years before she died. It was so sad. I would not risk my sight for self-expression.

• 2/3/11 21:46 Alyssa Mallozzi:

That’s grotesque. Now saying that, I have two tattoos, planning on more, and have small stretched lobes. I am also someone born with facial birth defects such as a cleft palate and blind in one eye. I’ve had extensive reconstructive surgery to correct most of it. I wear a prosthetic eye in the socket now, and I’d say 99.5% can’t even tell. I get so weirded out when people do crazy things like that, because my eyesight is precious to me. It makes me so mad when people do reckless and dangerous things like that for fashion–what’s more important? Their eyesight or a fashion statement?
    I could give you an earful about plastic surgery too, but I’ll save that for another time.

• 7/8/11 11:40 Jessica:

I actually think its kinda pretty, but i don’t think i’ve ever let someone do that to me..