Did You Know That The Solution to Life, The Universe, and Everything is still Smith’s Rosebud Salve (but this time in a tube!)

Smiths Rosebud Salve 1

Nearly 4 years ago I wrote a post about Rosebud Salve and today I thought it should be brought back and enjoyed again by the masses! The good news, if you didn’t already know, is that Rosebud Salve got a revamp about a year ago (maybe less) and is now in a tube form but the fact remains that for me, it’s still the solution to life, the universe and everything no matter its packaging which is why this post deserves a rehash!

If you’ve read it before you can probably skip it but if you missed it the first time around I hope you’ll enjoy!

Smiths Rosebud Salve 3

Feel free to spread your love of Rosebud Salve around!

Jump!

Note: Format may be iffy on this post due to the fact it was moved from Blogger to WordPress.

I guess my heading is a bit dramatic and if you’re not a Douglas Adams fan you have no idea what the reference is about however it is slightly true!

Behold my solution to Life, the Universe and Everything lays within a tiny tin of lip balm!
Picture+123

Ok, ok enough drama but I will say I can’t recommend this balm enough and if you don’t have at least five of these tins in your draw already you better hurry to the store and grab some immediately! Rosebud Salve is my cure all, multitasking beauty demon that works in any number of ways to save the day! This works on everything! When I say everything I really mean EVERYTHING! If you visit the website they’ll recommend it for any number of things that will amaze you but I personally use it for the following reasons:

Chapped Lips: I get severe chapped lips come winter and this is wonderfully soothing and healing on my cracked, dry lips!
Eyebrows: A small amount keeps my brows in proper shape all day long!
Zits: Yes I said zits! This works great on small pimples and dries them up almost instantly!
Elbows, Knees, and Feet: I use this on all my rough patchy skin areas like my knees, elbows, and on the heals of my feet! It makes my skin smooth and soft!
Cuts, Cuticles, Hangnails, and Burns: I’m not exactly Betty Crocker in the kitchen but when I do get small burns from removing something from the oven I can dab a little of this on to soothe it! It also works great on small cuts! Smooths out my cuticle area and for hangnails it works amazingly well to sooth the dry skin and makes me less likely to rip it off!

I can probably go on and on with this list! I’ve been using this stuff for ages and it’s amazing! I’ve seen imitation brands but nothing works as good as the original Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Rosebud Salve!

I love the fact that over the course of the last few years they have done different flavors! I really can’t pick a favorite as I adore them all! Mint Rose is a delightful Victorian rose and mint flavor! It may sound weird but the taste is yum! The strawberry is yummie too! And the regular rose flavor is delightfully fragrant and tasty! The mentholated one I don’t use on my lips but I do use on my chest when I’m feeling a bit congested!

Picture+125

Mostly this post was inspired by the fact that a new flavor has been introduced that the Muse is dying to try!

Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm

P196016 hero

This new flavor promises the taste of freshly baked berry pie! Mmm my lips are singing already!

Here are a few in my collection (I keep these everywhere! My desk draw, washroom, nightstand, etc…):

Minted Rose
Picture+128

Strawberry
Picture+126

Original Rosebud Salve (This is my body tin which accounts for the amount used hehe! Hands, Feet, Toes, Legs, Etc…)
Picture+127

These tins run $6-$7 each and are an incredible value as the tin is HUGE! The Muse highly recommends Rosebud Salve which makes these Muse approved!

musegold

Have ‘em?
Love ‘em?
Tell the Muse!

• 1/6/11 15:57 Holly:

Love love LOVE this stuff! I’ve never used it anywhere except my lips, so i’ll have to try your other suggestions!

• 1/6/11 16:16 the Muse:

me too holly, never without it ;-D Have fun trying it out elsewhere ;D!

• 1/6/11 16:10 mon:

Yay for tubes! I always wanted to try this on my lips but was wary of putting my fingers in and spreading little germs each time I used it. Now I can experience the magic that everyone raves about :D

• 1/6/11 16:17 the Muse:

hey mon def not the most friendliest of makeups due to the packaging but yay for the tube now!

• 1/6/11 16:44 Carrie:

LOVE this stuff! I had no idea that it also came in a tube. Thanks for the tip! I must try it, especially since I’m not a huge fan of sticking my fingers in product.

• 1/6/11 16:48 the Muse:

same here carrie ;-D tube is handy!

• 1/6/11 18:28 ace:

42 :) love douglas adams! and i have the strawberry one, i love it!!

• 1/11/11 15:16 the Muse:

you WIN a prize ace ;-D 42 it is! LOL!

• 1/6/11 18:40 Maddy:

If it comes in minted rose, it’s mine. Love that stuff.

• 1/6/11 18:46 Brooke:

My friend gave us one of these in the tin as part of our bridesmaids gifts a few years ago….needless to say, I fell in love with it and have used it ever since. I love the tin form, however, I work in the healthcare industry and even though I wash my hands to oblivion, I always feel icky when I use my finger at work to swipe some of this on my lips.
    A few months ago, my boyfriend and I were walking through Sephora and they had a bunch of the tubes in one of their “impulse” bins next to the check out line. I freaked when I saw them (the boyfriend did not share my excitement) and grabbed up a couple! I am never without a tube of this! I even added a tube to each of my aunt’s Christmas gifts this year because I think everyone should have one! :)

• 1/11/11 15:17 the Muse:

awesome brooke ;-D this is ideal for you than hun!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D I love hearing the mushy love stories about Rosebud Salve!!!!!!!!!! ;-D!

• 1/6/11 19:16 FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com:

I only like the tube. I hate dipping my finger into a pot of anything

• 1/6/11 19:44 Bunny Masseuse:

Where do you normally buy it?

• 1/6/11 19:49 Bunny Masseuse:

I should have been more clear, is there anywhere ELSE to buy it than the website you linked? :)

• 1/7/11 13:43 the Muse:

hi bunny sephora, beautyhabit, ulta…

• 1/6/11 20:52 breyerchic04:

I bought my mom the one in a tube last time I was in a Sephora because she can’t open the one in a jar fast enough. We’re both addicted, I think I need both now.

• 1/6/11 23:37 Sara:

I’ve never used it but this is like the fiftieth rave review I’ve seen for rosebud salve. Might be time to pick one up…

• 1/7/11 13:36 the Muse:

get it NOW sara ;D!

• 1/7/11 0:42 em:

i would love to try this stuff but i would assume its hard to get, here in australia we have a similar product called Lucas paw paw ointment. its made from pawpaw (doesnt smell or taste like it) but we use it for everything!

• 1/7/11 1:18 Lucy:

I’ve seen this so many times and yet have never bought it. I guess it was the tin. I’m not too thrilled with sticking my finger in the pot. I’m glad that it’s now in a tube. I must pick it up soon. I do have many types of lip balms stashed all over my apartment.

• 1/7/11 2:31 Kristen:

Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways! lol

I have 4 tins of RS yes 4. One on my desk, one in my purse, one on my night stand and one in my medicine cabinet. I wear it to bed, after I brush my teeth, before I put on lipstick. But I didnt know about the brows, now another use. I think I’d pay $20 for this, just because it’s that wonderful.

• 1/7/11 10:54 the Muse:

kristen AMEN sis! same here ;-D great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can use it as a blush too ;D!

• 1/7/11 7:00 Rose:

Okay but wait, hang on… it’s still available in a tin right? I have to know… Please say they’re not taking away my rosebud-tins! *shocked*

Oh and I want to say that you are very very lucky, over here in Europe the tins cost €9,95 which equals $12.92… If I’ll ever get to the US I know what I’ll be stocking up on (and a lot more, it would be amazing haha) :)

• 1/7/11 9:34 the Muse:

naaa rose ;-D tins are still around hun ;-D damn, that’s costly but I’d pay up to $20 at least, this stuff is I can’t leave without type of deal!

• 1/7/11 9:00 Makedonka:

Never heard of this but I am off to Amazon right now to get it …. the site mentions dry scalp – omg if there is help there, hallelujah!

Thanks Muse!

• 1/7/11 9:33 the Muse:

my pleasure makedonka….sephora.com also has!

• 1/8/11 12:37 Makedonka:

I went straight to Amazon because of my Prime account (love getting stuff in 2 days :) ) but yes, went back to check Sephora and price is better deal AND gave me excuse {eye roll} to add the UD Naked palette (thanks to you enabling, GF :) ) so I’ll just have to be patient for another week till delivery.

• 1/10/11 16:33 the Muse:

lol makedonka awesome story, naked and rosebud salve, GOOD hauling girl!

• 1/7/11 9:19 Jean D:

Where can I buy some? Is it only online?

Signed, Dry and peeling in Arizona

• 1/7/11 9:32 the Muse:

hi jean sephora.com :)

• 1/7/11 9:42 auroragyps:

I’ve tried the Strawberry and it was pretty good, but I just wasn’t fond of the strawberry scent. I can’t buy the regular Rosebud Salve, because I’m allergic to rose scent & oil (can’t use Korres either :( ), but the Strawberry was ok. I have looked online at the Mocha Rose & the Bramble Berry (which I can barely find online and have never seen in an actual store), but they don’t list the exact ingredients, I guess because their formula’s are secret.

Can anybody tell if Mocha Rose really has an rose in it or if there’s any in Bramble Berry?

• 1/7/11 10:12 the Muse:

hi auro not sure of there is any rose essential oils in those two hun but maybe someone else can help ;D

• 1/7/11 10:25 Alli:

Love this stuff…just got the tube the other day! do they still sell the bramblerry? haven’t seen it at sephora and I. MUST. HAVE!!!!

• 1/7/11 10:53 the Muse:

i think beautyhabit might have it alli :)

• 1/7/11 10:43 Nathalie:

I adore this stuff. I discovered this product just by luck while at Sephora. I needed something worth $7 to be able to get a gift and someone recommended I get this. I was skeptical but boy was I impressed! I use it on my lips but MOSTLY I use it on my cuticles, and chapped itchy skin. My knuckles always crack and chap during winter and this stuff is my savior.

• 1/7/11 10:52 the Muse:

aw that’s awesome to hear nathalie ;D I use it on my knees and elbows, takes care of dry skin in a whizzzz!

• 1/7/11 17:18 Mary the Muse Militant:

Love your title ! :)
    Had a look on Ebay UK and there is some there. WOOT.
    Am going off to get some now this minute !
    Over and out !

• 1/10/11 16:41 the Muse:

ha mary awesome!!!!!! you’l adore it ;D

• 1/7/11 23:10 Tracy:

I was wondering, is the formula exactly the same between the tubes and the tins ?? If not, which one is better ?

• 1/10/11 16:35 the Muse:

tube feels a little thinner, I like both tracy!

• 1/8/11 8:57 knownever:

they also make a mocha flavor that urban outfitters sells.

• 1/9/11 22:17 Karrie:

I just ordered this and the naked palette from sephora. I used to use the tins awhile ago and stopped. Glad they make it in tube form now.

• 1/10/11 11:04 the Muse:

me too karrie saves my life for travel!

• 1/10/11 0:42 melissa white:

LOVE IT. Have loved it for years. Love you for loving it!
    I get mine at Beauty.com via Drugstore.com and I give them away to friends.

Love your blog…am signing on.

Toodles!!

• 1/10/11 11:04 the Muse:

hi melissa ;-D thanks for sharing your <3!

• 1/13/11 17:28 Mia:

I personally didn’t like this. Might as well be colored Vaseline in a tin.