Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer Review, Swatches, Photos
At a 1.5 oz size and $42 my tinted moisturizer of choice from Laura Mercier is pretty costly. Better deal?
The new Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer at 1.7 oz, $38, and oh by the way an SPF 30 instead of Laura’s 20.
A protective lightweight moisturizer, sheer foundation, and sunscreen in one.
This definitely runs a bit heavier and creamier than the normal TM’s out there so keep that in mind if your skin is oily. Personally my dry skin sucks it up and adores it however oily skin users might want to stick with their current TM of choice or just use a little less of Josie’s version should you indulge.
Formula is rich, creamy, and thick with plenty of pigment and a nice rounded out SPF 30 (Shade pictured below is the Light color available). I only need a very little bit as the product goes a long way at evening out skin tone and creating a nice dewy finish for makeup. I’m not sure how well it’ll wear in the Summer due to the thicker texture however I figure I can easily cut the amount I use in half during the warmer weather and still get a beautiful finish.
I’m duly impressed with the pigmentation as it has just enough color pay off to create a nice even complexion but not so much so that you look made up. On my skin I get a hydrated, dewy finish after use and it eases dullness drastically, creating a flawless canvas for my makeup.
The SPF 30 is a welcome add on as most TM’s sport 20 or lower. The lower price tag and larger size are also very welcome as Laura Mercier has a lower SPF, a smaller size, and a higher price tag.
Nothing to rant about here…works a treat!
- Anyone who uses cream foundations already (if you use cream foundation or BB Cream like I do this will fit right into your regime for lighter coverage).
- Those with dry skin (if you have dry skin, this is a given, you need it).
- Those who want their tinted moisturizer to have good pigmentation sans a runny, watery formula plus a decent SPF.
- Those with oily skin (beware as this might prove a tad too heavy for those with oily skin and might even feel a bit greasy).
- Those who want super light weight wear from their TM (this will feel pretty heavy compared to other TM’s you might have tried in the past).
Overall, this was an instant winner for me. Could be because I’m a user of BB creams daily so I’m very familiar with the texture and feel of such products. Josie did a good job with this and I’m very impressed with the overall feel, price, and quality behind the product.
It doesn’t quite get a Muse Approval since I’m unsure how it will work in the Summer plus the creamier nature of the formula doesn’t quite fit it in with other TM’s I’ve tried as hey, we do reach for TM’s for more lightweight coverage and this runs a bit heavier…but I will say it’s pretty brilliant and deserves some investigation if you’re at Sephora. Have a little swatch and a play, I think you’ll be impressed.
This product was purchased by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.