Bath and Body Works Carried Away

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 3

Bath and Body Works introduces its newest fragrance for Spring 2011 entitled Carried Away. It’s a soft, romantic blend that’s sure to sweep you off your feet according to Bath and Body Works.

I haven’t checked it out as of yet but jump ahead for the deets!

Bath and Body Works proclaims it a whimsical blend of raspberries, white jasmine, and whipped vanilla. The scent combines fresher
fruits with delicate florals in a creamy base for a delicate, flirty, feminine fragrance!

Top notes include Italian Bergamot, Meyer Lemon, Golden Mandarin, Juicy Pear Nectar, Lush Raspberries with middle floral notes of Purple Freesia, White Tuberose, White Jasmine, Soft Violet Petals. The scent dries down with a combination of sandalwood, creamy whipped vanilla and musk!

The collection includes an Eau de Toilette, Body Lotion, Body Butter, Shower Gel, Creamy Body Wash, Fragrance Mist, Hand Cream, Bubble Bath, and Body Cream ranging in prices from $29.50 to $12.

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 1

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 8

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 7

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 6

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 5

Bath and Body Works Carried Away 4

What do you think?

Will you indulge?

Available now from Bath and Body Works.

• 2/7/11 13:37 JoElla:

My last romp at BBW I tested some of the lotion. I actually liked it. Not sure if I would by the EDT, but I would buy the lotion and the spritz.

• 2/7/11 14:00 the Muse:

Jo I seen the little sample lotion my last trip but didn’t stop to sniff, curious about it but I think I’ll prob not like it, seems to floral for me :P the raspberries sound nice but knowing BBW that’s a faint layer :P they embrace full florals for Spring in most cases!

• 2/7/11 13:59 Eve:

Wooow the packaging is sooo gorgeous!!! And the notes sound delish! I must have that shimmer gel/body lotion!!!

• 2/7/11 14:24 the Muse:

I thought the packaging was very fun eve ;D great minds think alike!

• 2/7/11 14:36 peri:

my friend got me the travel size ones when they first came out. i dont love the lotion, but i do love the spray. weird how that happens…i loved secret wonderlands lotion, and didnt care for its spray. anyway…she says she can smell the raspberries, but i cant…it smells more like strawberries to me. its an alright fragrance…but i think the only thing id buy full size is the spray.

• 2/7/11 14:49 the Muse:

peri I always get full floral from their Spring releases but I can cope with strawberries ;-D might have to see if I get the same notes your friend did!

• 2/7/11 16:25 vicky:

Hey Muse! Actually I’ve sniffed it and it smells like a mix of previous bath and body works scents. It isn’t florally if that is what is turning you off. It smells like sun ripened rasberries, sheer freesia, sweet pea, and night blooming jasmine. Only sweet pea is currently sold though.

• 2/8/11 9:51 the Muse:

vicky I smelled it last night finally and I agree kinda a typical bbw scent, big boring eh?

• 2/7/11 17:06 Lauren S.:

If you read the reviews on BBW, most people say it has a “soured dairy” smell when in the bottle, but dries on the skin to a much more pleasant fragrance. I got the $1 travel lotion and I have to agree…not so good in the bottle!

• 2/8/11 9:48 the Muse:

ew lauren that doesn’t sound pleasant ;D!

• 2/8/11 1:22 Christine:

Didn’t know it was new but I smelled it today at the store and it smells heavenly. I’m not one to use perfumed lotions though.

• 2/8/11 4:44 Rose:

I love the packaging! I almost want to get it simply because of that, so I can display it at home :) The scent doesn’t sound too good though… Fruit I love in a fragrance but flowers not so much…

• 2/8/11 9:36 the Muse:

I smelled it yesterday rose, finally, and I can’t say it’s very me but it’s a nice, delicate scent and yes the packaging slays me :D! I agree!

• 2/8/11 12:23 Fey:

Carried Away is definitely a white musk. White musks are known for their skin chemistry treachery–in this case a good thing. I agree with the readers who said that it does not smell so nice in the bottle. On the skin, it really warms up. The musk dies down to a base note of dry jasmine, the raspberry perks up ever so slightly, and the vanilla is also rather dry (as opposed to creamy, crisp, green, sweet, etc.).
    I’d say it’s safe for work. Nothing daring. Kind of a bright-every-day-type of scent.

• 2/8/11 23:15 Cali:

It was nothing special. I had been excited for it, but once I smelled it in person, I wasn’t too impressed. Guess I’ll be sticking to Secret Wonderland for a bit longer!

• 2/10/11 12:31 the Muse:

cali same here wasn’t really so excited about it. kinda the typical spring release from BBW

• 2/10/11 8:49 Annabella Freeman:

My mom just sent me a big box of B&BW stuff, it wasn’t this though it’s the Island Getaway and James had the nerve to use the Hawaii Coconut shower gel before me! As if! lol xoxo

• 2/10/11 9:19 the Muse:

LOL sounds like the man loves him some bbw anna, best hide it girl ;D!

• 2/21/11 4:27 Tigress:

I am not a fan of this scent, especially the lotion. It’s really strong and pungent. I think it’s too perfume-y and has too many fragrance noted in it. The packaging is cute and spring like though.

• 3/22/11 17:38 Brandy:

I bought a travel size not knowing what the scent was. I could tell that there were melony notes first, then I noticed the musk (which I thought was an interesting combo) but I could also smell the slight floral tones. My first impression (being a floral melon lover) was I LOVE IT!!! But once dry…you smell more of the musk than anything, which I am not fond of. But some people are…so it kinda works for people with both tastes. When I think it begins to smell too musky, I jus put some fresh lotion on and it’s all good.