Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser is a brand new cleanser from Clean & Clear that promises to revive your skin and brighten it with the cool fresh scent of lemons and papaya.
Anyone ever cheap up their morning skincare regime in the shower? I buy tons of expensive product for removing my makeup in the PM but when I wash my face in the AM I normally embrace the inexpensive route. It’s such unusual behavior! I dunno why I do it. I guess my mentality is I don’t have any makeup on and I’m in the shower washing my face so I don’t really need some costly cleanser to do the deed.
Yeah, well, weird confession of the moment.
I indulged in this particularly cleanser since I normally like the Morning Burst line anyway.
Let’s see how it worked out!
A cleanser to brighten your face and wake it up!
I think the first thing that grabbed me on this was the smell. At first sniff it has a sweet lemon candy-like smell. I think it’s the papayas that gives it the sweet edge and if I’m honest with myself I’d confess that the scent was the reason I purchased it. Some folks love scented skincare, others don’t. I happen to love it.
If you’re on a budget this is a decent one to use along with your Clarisonic Brush as it seemed to lather nicely, didn’t overly strip my skin, and gave it a nice tingling sensation to wake my skin up in the morning! Did it whiten and brighten? Yes, it did however the results aren’t lasting sadly but my dull skin appreciated how it made it look a little tired and gloomy after use.
The formula contains caffeine but I’m not sure of the point. Caffeine is excellent for puffy eyes but why in a cleanser?
In the shower it had great results however when I tried it outside the shower sans my Clarisonic I felt like it made my skin somewhat dry and tight but this isn’t any surprise as most drugstore cleansers produce the same feeling. A little moisturizer helps ease the issue and thankfully I didn’t have flakiness after use.
It has those beads in the formula which I’m not quite a fan of but they aren’t too annoying and dissolve pretty quickly!
The scent is gorgeous in the shower but outside the shower I felt like it had a dish detergent kinda thing going on.
- Those on a beauty budget looking for a nice cleanser to use in the AM.
- Those who want a cheaper cleanser for use with their Clarisonic.
- Those who have dull skin and want to brighten it and make it look a little less tired (this helped revive my skin but the results aren’t lasting).
- Those who need to wake their skin up in the AM (the clean, sweet scent and cool tingle wakes skin up).
- Those with sensitive skin (the scent and possibly the cooling tingle from the product might prove too much if you’re sensitive).
- Those with already dry skin (I have dry skin but it didn’t bother me too much).
- Those sensitive to fragrance in their skincare (this has a strong scent).
- Those wanting a lasting brightening effect (I felt my skin was more vibrant after use but it was fleeting).
Overall, I enjoyed Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser. It made my skin feel squeaky clean without drying it out and I thought it made a fabulous little cleanser for shower AM use and felt it paired up pretty nicely with my Clarisonic. I’ll buy it again once I run out.
I won’t Muse Approve it because it’s not entirely perfect but it’s worth a haul in my opinion!
Anyone try it?