MAC Wonder Woman Defiance Eye Quad FOTD

MAC Wonder Woman Eye Quad 032

Here’s my last FOTD with the Wonder Woman Collection Eye Quads. Today I’m sporting Defiance. So far, without a doubt, Valiant is my favorite of the lot but Defiance comes in at a close second. This does a great job of creating a delicate pink eye look. Colors aren’t bold or particularly vibrant so if you enjoy and embrace a softer eye look this one is for you!

MAC Wonder Woman Defiance Eye Quad FOTD

MAC Wonder Woman Defiance Eye Quad FOTD 3

Have you decided which quad(s) will be coming home with you?

• 2/3/11 11:39 Miros:

So do you really think the palettes are worth it? I’ve heard they lack a lot of pigmentation, I really wanted Lady Justice but now I’m having my doubts :S

• 2/8/11 15:12 the Muse:

miros I liked them as I stated in a few posts :) head to counter and swatch to see what you think hun. they aren’t mac’s traditional formula but some of them did some nice looks!

• 2/3/11 11:55 Lovinlife4ever:

Was not in love with any of the quads, unfortunately. I don’t own a single MAC (usually just buy their lippies and gloss) eyeshadow and was hoping these would be the first. But just didn’t fall in love and definitely not enough to warrant the $40 cost.
    I did pick up Amazon Princess blush duo and the Wonder Woman lipgloss. Was a tiny bit disappointed with this collection but that’s ok cuz now i’ll have more money to spend when the Jeanius collection comes out, lol. I’m lemming quite a few of those items.

• 2/8/11 15:11 the Muse:

plus surfbaby lovinlife ;-D that promises to be fabbbbbbb!

• 2/8/11 15:15 Lovinlife4ever:

Omg, I know!!! I’m dying to see some Surfbaby promo pics. I missed out on last summer’s collection and was totally bummed. Not going to happen this year! Hoping they do a retro vibe with it.

• 2/8/11 15:22 the Muse:

me too I stalk google daily to see what pops up for it ;-D no worries as mac has a knack for repromoting shades so you might see some Summer’s past in other collections ;D!

• 2/3/11 14:48 MC:

I’m still on the fence with Valiant…I like it a lot, but not lusting for it. I went to the Spring Street MAC store today and the set up for the Wonder Woman collection is outrageous! *saying outrageous in a high pitch Kimber from Jem and the Holograms pitch lol*. It looks like a comic book store when you enter it with a HUGE Wonder Woman cut out in the center as you enter the store.

Sadly, I ended up only hauling the Secret Identity HUMONGOUS Lip Glass. Holy Crap, you weren’t kidding when you said it Super Size. It’s like the Super Size Fries of Lip Glass.

The Mighty Aphrodite was already too close to something I already have in blush and all the other lippies were just not calling too me. I may go back to get the Valiant quad once I make up my mind lol. The greens are pretty.

• 2/3/11 14:54 the Muse:

lucky girl mc! haven’t been yet, the ice and snow kept me from the launch GRRR but maybe this weekend ;-D LOL! ;-D I LOVE the size so glam! I freaking love Valiant ;_D great quad! The launch was a little uneventful color wise though dontcha think?

• 2/3/11 16:24 MC:

It was rather lackluster in color selection to me, but I’m not surpised with the color selections as I was expecting a lot of red and blue lol.

I was hoping that Wonder Woman lip glass would be a dupe to MAC’s Cult of Cherry lipglass (I lost the 2 I had in my move to NYC 2 years ago)…but alas, it wasn’t. I am glad I found the Secret Identity since I have been looking for a good copper lip color.

I have a pic of the Wonder Woman display from the Spring Street store on my tumblr: http://bitchybangs.tumblr.com/

• 2/10/11 13:08 the Muse:

mmm I felt the same MC some items are ok but others were a little meh! omg sweet! I haven’t been down! I wanted to see the pop up store!

• 2/3/11 14:49 MC:

I love your FOTD today, the pinks really flatter your eyes and are pretty on you. :)

• 2/3/11 14:53 the Muse:

aw shucks thanks mc you’re way kind ;D!

• 2/3/11 19:36 Heather:

You look gorgeous! I absolutely adore this color on you. Brings out those big brown eyes!

• 2/4/11 15:26 the Muse:

aw shucks heather thanks!

• 2/4/11 1:20 BeautyMaven:

Ugh, not to be a negative Nancy, but none of these shadow palettes have really hit me! They just seem like a weird mix of colors… having all of the colors in the same palette seems a little like old school ’90s palettes to me, haha. I might pick up some lipglass because how fun would it be to put on some red with WW on it?! Talk about feeling powerful, lol

• 2/5/11 19:16 Claire:

MUSE!!!!! you need to try putting star studded on the lid and real drama in the crease! this pallette comes out kind of bland if you use all of the colors together, but you can get an amazing smokey eye with the two darkest colors! I have pics up on MUA of how the darker look comes out :)

• 2/8/11 10:59 the Muse:

claire I’ll have to try that ;-D link for your look?

• 2/9/11 1:10 Claire:

here ya go! darkeyedfran is me! all the photos are mine! theres a silly duplicate photo of the pinks that i cant seem to take off!

• 2/9/11 11:15 the Muse:

OO! Claire! Likey. I’ll have to try to deepen my look as I went way lighter ;-D likey!

• 2/10/11 19:51 Claire:

thank you! yeah, i was so disappointed when i swatched them on my hand! but they were a lovely surprise when i put them esp. the darker shades on my lid!

• 2/5/11 21:01 Shayne A:

Musey, What is your opinion on the application, opacity & texture on the WW quads?? I’ve been hearing that they are FAR from nice & far from MAC’s normal quality (uhh, hello, superb!!). Did you already cover this on another WW quad post??

By the way, I love love love soft pinks on you!!

• 2/8/11 10:58 the Muse:

hi shayne I actually did a full review of the quads already. but a brief recap :): they are not like mac’s normal range, that’s true, but you can blame the finish on that not so much the quality lacking. They are a bit sheer but build up well and texture doesn’t blend entirely great but again it’s the veluxe finish not the actually shadow formula that has changed or anything. I liked the quads alot but it’s understandable where the ranting and bad reviews you’ve read/seen/heard are coming from. They aren’t by far as good as many other mac quads that have come out but some of the shades felt special enough to me :)

aw thanks!!!!!!

• 2/12/11 5:37 Lauri:

Hi muse- gotta say i love your site!!!! Great job girl =)
    i’m with you i got the valiant quad., and i love the colors! Im a mac l/e quad monger tho ( HAVE to have them all) i have kitty green eyes so i felt like valiant would be the best on me. I was looking at the pink/purple one HARD tho., (purple/pink junkie) man, do i have issues lol, but i passed b/c some pinks while great on green eyes can make me look like i’ve been popped in same said eyes….blues- meh- they tend to make my eyes look blue. So the practical/non neurotic in me is gonna wait on the other two. Now, if they shoe up at cco then all bets are off!!!!!
    Again thx for the great work love reading your blog
    lauri (crowstoes)