I feel like I’ve been out of touch for years since starting the round up of MAC Wonder Woman reviews. This is just a brief overview including links to everything I reviewed from the collection plus my final thoughts, overall impressions, and basic babble.
Some of you are incredibly excited and some not so much. I find I’m stuck in the middle somewhere. I don’t know what I expected or wanted from the packaging but I do think MAC kept to a comic book theme and successfully created packaging around that theme. No, it’s not particularly cute or adorable but I don’t think you can rightfully deny it does have the Wonder Woman vibe running through it. I don’t dislike it nor do I love it, I’m still of the mentality that it is what it is.
Rants about inflated pricing have risen up here and there and I do not think they are justified. In some case you’re getting over double the amount of product for a few extra dollars so proceeding to slam MAC for raising prices, well, I just don’t think it’s fair. Why MAC choose to make items larger is beyond me but I do dig the entire “wonder” size product. Granted most of hardcore collector’s of makeup do not need that much more extra product but I kinda think it adds something special to the launch. MSF, Blush, Mascara, Eyeliner, and Lipglasses are all extra large sizes.
Quite a few shades here have been available in the past or already available from Pro or the general catalog which does disappoint plus none of the shades are particularly special outside of a very few select items that wow’ed me. You may personally beg to differ and feel the shades are amazing, personally I don’t feel that way. I also feel like none of the shades are really themed around Wonder Woman as in do you think she’d wear some of these colors but than again I can’t really say what shades I’d pick out for her either as she seems like a rather no nonsense kinda makeup girl eh?
Products Worth the Haul
If I had to pick the products I most liked and items I think are worth grabbing up they would be:
- Valiant Eye Quad
- Defiance Eye Quad
- Both Powder Blush Duos in Amazon Princess and Mighty Aphrodite (particularly Mighty Aphrodite which is a must have in my humblest)
- Both MSF in Pink Power and Golden Lariat (If you have to choose go with Pink Power for creamier skin and Golden Lariat for darker tones)
If you’re really cutting the budget close or none of the items or packaging appeal to you I’d definitely, at the very least, get Mighty Aphrodite, it’s truly a gorgeous shade.
The lipsticks and lipglasses didn’t have any shades that I felt were essential must have shades. Opulash is great to pick up if you haven’t already purchased it prior and the pigments are just a bust in my humblest, don’t waste your cash on something you can’t use on your eyes (three are not eye safe).
Overall, Wonder Woman was interesting to play with but not one of MAC’s greatest collections. Collectors and fans will easily adore it and possibly have to have every single piece however casual makeup users will probably be a bit more picky about what they do and do not indulge in.
Some items are special enough to warrant a purchase where as most didn’t have me salivating.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have product in your hands! MAC Wonder Woman is available now online at www.maccosmetics.com and pre-booking all over the place if you’re wanting to head in store for your goodies!
Here’s the round up of my reviews, swatches, and photos!
- MAC Wonder Woman Collection Pigments Review, Swatches, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Invincible Mirror Review, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Collection Lipstick Review, Swatches, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Penultimate Eye Liner Review
- MAC Wonder Woman Collection Lipglasses Review, Swatches, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Opulash Review
- MAC Wonder Woman Collection Mineralize Skinfinish Review, Swatches, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Eye Quad Review, Swatches, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Collection Blush Review, Swatches, Photos
- MAC Wonder Woman Utility Belt Face Brush Set & MAC Wonder Woman Bulletproof Blue Makeup Bag Review, Photos