Sephora Cream Lip Stain

Sephora Cream Lip Stain

Mmmm I wasn’t particularly impressed with the Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick. How did you get on with them? Maybe I should take them out of the old makeup graveyard and give them a second chance.

If you liked them and need a refill or you liked them but couldn’t justify the $22 price tag, maybe try out the new Sephora Cream Lip Stain at nearly half the price!

Check it!

Sephora Cream Lip Stain provided an intensely pigmented, long lasting formula that features a formula which is initially a cream lipstick but becomes a silky, lightweight stain the longer you wear it.

It’s available in seven shades in both matte and satin finishes.

Sephora Cream Lip Stain Spring 2011

Shades:

• Always Red (matte bold classic red)
  • Classic Beige (matte pinkish deep beige)
  • Strawberry Kissed (matte bright pinky red)
  • Endless Purple (matte mauve plum)
  • Infinite Rose (satin golden peach)
  • Forever Fuchsia (satin electric fuchsia)
  • Dark Berry (satin blackberry wine)

At $12 these are quite an affordable option versus Korres’ version. I like the idea that they stain lips as once the initial cream finishes wears off you’ll be left with a nice blush of color on lips.

However, I’m not entirely sure they are for me since I didn’t love the ones from Korres.

Whatcha think?

Would you indulge?

Available now at www.Sephora.com

• 2/10/11 12:33 slick:

Hmmm I have the NYX Lip Creams, I wonder how these compare. I find them kind of drying, but I am actually really liking these liquid lipstick/cream products that are coming out. Loved the MAC Kissables, they are a lot more moisturizing that the NYX creams but don’t last as long. I will def be checking these out!

• 2/10/11 12:36 the Muse:

mm not sure never tried the lip creams :/ from NYX yet. but curious minds about these ;D!

• 2/10/11 12:49 Tina:

These do remind me of the NYX soft matte lip creams like the previous reader posted.

What?! You haven’t tried the NYX lip creams yet Muse?!!

Try Addis Ababa. Try saying that 10 ten times fast. It leaves a nice stain to your lips. It’s slightly drying but what lip stain isn’t? That’s what lip balms are for.

• 2/10/11 13:05 the Muse:

ha tina ;-D you kinda sold me there but I look so bad in lip creams for some reason :-/

• 2/10/11 13:02 Larie:

I actually like the Korres liquid lipsticks, but I don’t go through lip products quickly enough to feel bad about the price :/ These look interesting! Looking forward to a review, if you indulge ;)

• 2/10/11 13:06 the Muse:

larie dude I couldn’t wear them without them migrating all around my mouth ;-D! I might just *wink*

• 2/12/11 0:58 Kira:

I had the same migrating issues with the Korres liquid lipsticks. I felt like an extra from “House on Haunted Hill.”

I also have dry skin, so maybe that is an indicator to stay away.

• 2/17/11 21:31 the Muse:

LOL kira ;-D I def can’t do the matte cream lip deal! I tried NYX’s version and love ‘em no migrating but I still can’t do the matte thing with my dry lips!

• 2/10/11 13:03 Maggie:

A friend of mine who works at Sephora was wearing one of these the other day – she’d been wearing it for about four hours and the stain it left was gorgeous! She adores them. I’m curious to check ‘em out.

• 2/10/11 13:05 the Muse:

ooo maggie sounds very nice ;-D plus the price feels right!

• 2/11/11 10:15 Dollymix8:

Oh I’m curious, I’ll wait for swatches

• 9/29/11 10:11 Babydoll:

I tried this in store in the dark red and then went and ate lunch. It rubbed off a little bit at the corners of my mouth, but the rest stayed fully pigmented. It was amazing. It doesn’t really feel like a lipstick- more like actual paint, but I loved the color; the payoff was awesome.