Sephora Professional Platinum Foundation Airbrush & Concealer Airbrush

Sephora Professionnel Platinum Foundation Airbrush Concealer Airbrush Spring 2011

I NEED the new Sephora Professional Platinum Concealer Airbrush. They also have a foundation one but the concealer one, well, I need it, like yesterday.

Check it!

For Spring 2011, Sephora created two brand new beauty tools for getting that airbrushed, flawless finish we all desire under our eyes and on our faces.

• Sephora Professional Platinum Foundation Airbrush $32

A brush that offers greater control and precision when applying your favorite foundations. The brush head is smaller and promises to create a flawless, airbrushed appearance.

Sephora Professionnel Platinum Foundation Airbrush Concealer Airbrush 1

• Sephora Professional Platinum Concealer Airbrush $32

A smaller brush head with densely packed bristles for creating an airbrushed, flawless finish when used with your concealer!

Sephora Professionnel Platinum Foundation Airbrush Concealer Airbrush 2

I’m super curious how well the concealer brush will work under eyes! I normally apply with fingers and pat under my eyes and sometimes, I admit, I tug around a bit to get it settled correctly but a brush would come in every so hand! I occasionally use my Coastal Scent Domed Mini Kabuki as well but I find I’m not utilizing it nearly enough.

Curious minds how these perform.

Thoughts?

Available from www.Sephora.com

• 2/4/11 11:56 Jonnie:

I’ve always been pretty confused on how to use a foundation brush. I’d be interested in a flawless finish though! I wonder if the concealer brush would go well with the little Bobbi Brown concealer pots… hmm.

• 2/4/11 11:58 the Muse:

jonnie I never use one ;-D I’m a finger type of girl ;-D I find brushes pack on too much base! :P prob well as you’d want to take a bit out of the pot, smear on the back of your hand, and prob twirl the brush in it, not directly from the pot if that makes sense!

• 2/4/11 12:11 Laci:

I tried doing it on the back of my hand, but I think dotting the foundation/tinted moisturizer on the face and buffing it out in circles works better — at least for me! :)

• 2/4/11 12:56 the Muse:

trying it laci as soon as I get my grubby hands on this ;D!

• 2/4/11 14:51 Laci:

I would go for the #55 (which is $34 vs. $32). I think the bigger head would be better for coverage. :D

• 2/4/11 15:10 the Muse:

I think I want both laci ;-D use the smaller for my concealer and larger for bb cream!

• 2/4/11 12:10 Laci:

I’ve been using the #55 Airbrush for my foundation and tinted moisturizer and I LOVE the way it makes my face look. I normally apply with fingers, but this is actually sooo much faster for me. I’m not too sure about the smaller head on the foundation brush — I kinda like the big one on the #55. The bristles are soft enough to get into those nooks and crannies.

• 2/4/11 12:57 the Muse:

i neeeeeeeeed laci :D!

• 2/4/11 12:32 jenna:

might have to indulge in the concealer one as my Benefit concealer brush is on it’s last legs! airbrushed undereyes? yes please :)

• 2/4/11 12:58 the Muse:

hey jenna never tried the benefit one ;-D but have you tried the ELF Studio one? Solid Gold!

• 2/4/11 13:33 jenna:

oh the benefit one is poo don’t bother with it! i’m anxiously awaiting its demise lol! have not tried the ELF one but now i’ll have to track it down. thanks for the rec!

• 2/4/11 15:13 the Muse:

LOL jenna ;-D! def check out the studio concealer one, I dig that brush, it paints on concealer so wonderfully well it’s actually the 1st time I raved a concealer brush as I normally don’t use one! my pleasures!

• 2/4/11 14:17 jenniet2002:

the ELF studio concealer brush?

• 2/4/11 15:13 the Muse:

yup jenniet ;D!

• 2/4/11 13:23 Maggie:

I have this foundation brush, and I love it! I prefer it over the MAC 187, 109 (my 2nd fav), and the 190. Great coverage, not too think, non-streaky, and big enough to be a quick application (109 takes a little more work). I haven’t tried the concealer brush yet, I’ve been using the Ecotools blending brush (the one that looks like a MAC 224), and find the studier yet still soft materials to be quite good for use with creamy concealers. Might have to check this and the ELF Studio one out.

• 2/4/11 14:30 the Muse:

maggie def need to try this ;-D and happy to hear it works better than macs! SWEET! ;D! the elf studio concealer brush=brilliant! and just 3 bucks!

• 2/4/11 14:54 Cj:

I used the larger #55 brush before I got into Sigma and it worked pretty good :) Never really shed at all and gave a nice finish.

• 2/4/11 15:10 the Muse:

I NEED it cj ;D!

• 2/4/11 15:54 jenniet2002:

if you want to try both, you should go ahead and get the Advanced Airbrush Set for $65, it has both of these new brushes plus some others! xoxo.

• 2/8/11 12:36 the Muse:

aw cheers thanks jenniet that saves $$!

• 2/4/11 15:52 Phyrra:

I would love to find the perfect under eye concealer brush! Wonder how well this one will work.

• 2/4/11 15:53 Kristina:

The #55 has been on my list for awhile. I’ve been debating between that and MACs 187 and I can’t decide!

• 2/4/11 15:55 the Muse:

hi kristina looks like alot of fans of the 55 here ;-D read through the comments maybe it’ll help you decide!

• 2/4/11 16:04 LorraineER:

This is a new smaller version of the #55, right? I’ve wanted that one for awhile and I need to just go ahead and get the thing, lol! I always end up tempted away by lippies and shadows and things I can go home and put on, rather than a nice new beauty tool.

• 2/8/11 12:36 the Muse:

I’m not sure lorraine I was under the impression the entire brush was new ;-D don’t quote me though! ;D

• 2/4/11 16:46 Amy:

Different foundations sometimes work better with a different brush. I wonder which of mine will work better with this one? It might even make me love a foundation I thought was awful. As I have quite a few of these I think that justifies my getting this brush.

• 2/4/11 21:13 Gina:

Bought the concealer brush the other day because I thought it would be good for under the eye. I’m still on the fence about it. It is bigger than I expected, which may not be a bad thing. Definitely bigger and denser than a MAC 224 but not as dense as a regular flat concealer brush so it may not be ideal for thick concealers. I really do like it though and think it is unique.

• 2/8/11 11:27 the Muse:

gina sounds interesting enough ;D!

• 2/5/11 5:13 Wendy:

Hey Muse! I can’t find these on Sephora’s site! Are they trying to hide them from me because they know I already have too many brushes? LOL Seriously, I can’t find them?

• 2/5/11 7:23 Christina:

Can’t wait to get the concealer brush – maybe today if I’m lucky! ;)

• 2/5/11 16:39 Annie M:

ahh i so want to know how this concealer brush is likE!

• 2/7/11 16:22 KaylaK:

Ohhh I love the Airbrush Foundation brush, it works super awesome! I usually just put some foundation on the back of my hand and dip the brush into that and then just dot my face and swirl the brush and it gives me a pretty flawless coverage! I need to try the concealer brush now too!

• 2/8/11 10:19 the Muse:

sounds great kayla ;-D def want to try out the concealer one and prob will grab the foundation one too if it works out well ;D!

• 5/13/11 16:23 shortie:

i have both the 55 and 56 and trust me when i say the 56 is by far soo much better than the 55. The 55 is large and so it doesnt get into the nooks and crannies. its also less dense than the 56 so if u are using a heavier foundation, the 55 will not blend out properly. the 56 is perfect for heavier foundations. 55 is good for light coverage foundations or TMs but definitey not for something like LM silk creme or for mac foundations.