Please do not repost these images on other sites. Thank you!

Tarte 8th World of Wonder Best of the Amazon 7 Piece Clay Collection 001

Hey there!

As you now from my prior post Tarte has a new 8th World of Wonder Best of Amazon Clay Collection available as a Today’s Special Value from QVC shortly.

The set is a great value and available exclusively at QVC.

Just a brief recap of what the collection includes:

• Tarte Amazonian Clay Balancing Foundation SPF 15 (Your Choice of Fair, Light, Medium, Tan or Deep)
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Wear Powder Blush in Glisten
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Long Wear Eye Shadow Quad (Includes Shimmering Cocoa, Shimmering Bronze, Shimmering Sand, and Shimmering Plum)
  • Tarte EmphasEyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner in Golden Plum
  • Tarte Pureoptic Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Golden Pink
  • Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Volumizing Mascara in Black
  • Tarte Foundation Brush
  • Purple Braided Makeup Bag

Swatches Tarte Amazonian Clay Balancing Foundation Swatches

Swatches Tarte 8th World of Wonder Best of the Amazon Clay Collection Swatches Tarte Amazonian Clay Balancing Foundation Swatches

We had quite a good deal of questions regarding the Tarte Amazonian Clay Balancing Foundation SPF 15 and the best shade selection as some of you were confused what the shade you were. I’m happy to share with you full collection swatches today. Tarte was very helpful to provide me with some great swatches of not only the foundation but also everything else in the kit!

Now that I’ve actually seen the swatches, I think I’m even more excited about the kit! The blush and shadows look incredible.

I hope this is helpful for your purchase. You can pre-order the set already by using item number A216307.

Do share if you’ll be purchasing it!

• 2/22/11 12:32 Carrie:

Thanks! I already ordered this in light, but based on the swatches I may switch to fair. For some reason I thought tarte foundations ran lighter than normal.

• 2/22/11 12:48 the Muse:

carrie same here, tarte normally does run a touch lighter but these look quite true to form!

• 3/6/11 1:18 TennTriathlete:

I’ve read in reviews by ladies who have received the kit that the colors in the swatches are not true to life. The colors in real life are lighter than the swatches and less golden. The ladies said the fair was almost white and would only work for a Nicole Kidman or lighter type complexion. HTH

• 2/22/11 12:38 MC:

Ohhh I love the color selections in this set….I really want this for the brush, foundation, and the blush lol.

• 2/22/11 12:43 Kristin:

I pre-ordered it, but I really hope at some point they tell us about the shades that will be in future autodeliveries. I really want to buy more Amazonian Clay powder blushes, including the Sephora-exclusive kit that has its own exclusive color, but I want to make sure that I don’t end up with repeats after future autodeliveries ship out. Please keep us updated if you find out anything Muse!

• 2/22/11 12:47 the Muse:

Kristin they normally say it on the listing on QVC but as soon as I know will let you in on the deets ;-D

• 2/22/11 12:44 Nina:

Hey Musey! I’ve been waiting to order this JUST because I haven’t been sure of the foundation shades. Thank you SO much, girl! Wow—do you have an inside track with Tarte, or what? Yay that you do. I just ordered it on A/D. Keep up the Tarte Insider Info and I’ll keep ordering. ;) I am LOVING my new powder blushes.

• 2/22/11 12:46 the Muse:

MY pleasure Nina! Tarte surprise emailed me this morning with the swatches, they are AWESOME ;-D they seen the post and kindly emailed me b/c they had seen reader’s asking for swatches ;-D

I LOVE them too! Must review those ha :D! they are gorg eh?

• 2/22/11 12:49 Nina:

Well GOOD for them for actually keeping on top of what their customers are saying and wanting. They must read the QVC forum. I have been impressed with Tarte’s customer service so far. I hope they keep going in this direction. Go, Mo!

• 2/22/11 12:50 the Muse:

Def nina ;-D

• 2/22/11 12:46 Nina:

I just had a thought. Sweetie, can you pretty please beg Tarte to give you the shades of the next A/D shipments? That would make me totally happy and just make my day. I know you can do this for me. I believe in you!!! ;)

• 2/22/11 12:48 the Muse:

LOL nina I’ll see what I can find out dear ;D!

• 2/22/11 12:49 Nina:

Wouldn’t everyone love you? Ha. Thanks!!!

• 2/22/11 12:50 the Muse:

LOL Nina ;-D I hope!????????????

• 2/22/11 13:44 Nunuiviet:

Heard Amazonian clay is good for the skin. But so sad we don’t have this brand in Thailand, can’t try it bouhhhhhh

• 2/22/11 13:45 sara jo:

The foundation looks like it might actually match brown skin. Most kits have this ashy color that is supposed to fit all darker skin. I still think five colors for foundation is sad because people come in more than five shades but it’s better than most brands offer.

• 2/22/11 14:11 niewniewjen:

Oh foo, Muse, everybody ALREADY loves you :] *still so angry that I can’t get this in Canada

• 2/22/11 14:12 the Muse:

aw thanks jen ;-D not everyone but the people like, who matter most, do, and that’s all I need girl ;-D Hugs!

• 2/22/11 14:14 owlover:

Now you are making me want it. I am worried about the peachiness of the blush and I wouldn’t wear the foundation so maybe I will just buy off eBay or forum.
    HooT

• 2/22/11 14:39 Pam:

I am having trouble choosing between Medium and Tan.. I wear a Medium Tan in BE, Medium in Halo, and the Tan in Laura Geller – what do you think? I am leaning towards Tan.. hmmm

• 2/22/11 14:45 the Muse:

mmm Pam I’m not sure sadly I don’t know my BE shade (don’t use it, makes me itch), don’t use Halo either, and Laura Geller I’m a fair! sorry :-/ but hopefully someone else will reply and give you better deets for your shade!

• 2/22/11 19:47 Pam:

Thanks.. I ordered both but I’d rather cancel the one I don’t need so I don’t have to deal with return shipping.

Are you allergic to the Bismuth? The BE Matte foundation does not have this ingredient! If you were to use the Tarte, which foundation would you choose? Fair or Light?

• 2/23/11 9:23 the Muse:

mmm hmm pam bismuth and talc make me itchy as hell :) I went with light :)

• 2/22/11 14:56 Sara:

*le sigh* Companies always make foundation and tinted moisturizers too dark and beigey for me! Damnit! With the sun shining harder here I can tell that even my powders are too beige and dark. It’s kinda gross to have an orange face and a pale white neck. *lol*

I like the liner and that gold eyeshadow.

• 2/22/11 15:04 the Muse:

aw sorry sara. super pale eh? lucky girl though imho! ;-D

• 3/6/11 1:27 TennTriathlete:

Sara,
      I have read many reviews from women who have already received this kit and they say the fair is actually much lighter than it appears in these swatches. They said it is alabaster and would suit a Nicole Kidman or lighter type complexion. So this kit might still work for you. Just something to consider..
      TT

• 2/22/11 16:55 Cathy:

Thank you sooo much for the swatches… they are worth a million words… is there anyway you can list the ingredients for the foundation?? Thanks

• 2/22/11 17:32 the Muse:

hi cathy sorry I don’t have product on hand so not sure of the ingredients hun.

• 2/22/11 21:18 Julie:

Thank you for the swatches. I ordEred it in fair. I have this blush in blissful and it’s awesome.

• 2/23/11 9:20 the Muse:

you’re most welcome julie ;D!

• 2/22/11 23:57 HautePJ:

Soooo, the foundation in deep will still be too light for me, but I am crushing HARD on the plum liner, eyeshadows and the lipgloss. What is pureoptic and how do I get pureoptic-fied? lol

• 2/23/11 6:48 Susie:

Thanks for posting the swatches of the colors now I can decide whether I need more make-up. lol I love their mascara and the blush looks very nice. Decisions to make soon.

• 2/23/11 9:14 the Muse:

my pleasure susie!

• 2/23/11 7:47 Andrea:

I already ordered it on AD. It looks like the fair might work…but it may be a smidge too dark. I’ll have to wait and see…Luckily, even if I can’t use the foundation, the rest of the kit is totally worth the price. I can’t wait!!

• 2/23/11 9:13 the Muse:

I agree andrea ;D! I figure if I can’t use the foundation the other stuff more than makes up for it!

• 2/23/11 8:59 Jen:

And of course the “deep” is not deep enough *sigh* #seriouspetpeeve

• 2/23/11 9:12 the Muse:

aw sorry jen! buy the kit, swap the foundation? ;D

• 2/23/11 9:22 Jen:

There’s a thought :) I may wait to see the presentation. It’s still a good value.

• 2/23/11 9:24 the Muse:

jen ;-D see? problem solved ;D!

• 2/23/11 9:19 Wendy:

Ooooh this looks awesome! I’m interested. I’ve never ordered from QVC before :3 I wonder if I need Fair or the next shade darker… hmmmmmm…

• 2/23/11 16:49 Amanda:

sadly im not sure if the fair is fair enough for me. im roughly an nc10, everything else is pretty though!

• 3/6/11 1:34 TennTriathlete:

I’m hearing from the ladies who have received the kit that the fair is extremely light, almost white, an alabaster color. Suitable for a Nicole Kidman type complexion or even lighter. Don’t know if this information will help you but I wanted to pass it along.

• 2/25/11 16:21 lillie:

Muse: I wear the fair Balance and Brighten from Laura Geller. I tried the fair Mally concealer, but too light. So I am wondering if I should go fair or light in the Tarte foundation. The light looks a little orangish. Any thoughts??? This is my first time I have seen your website. It is amazing!!! How do you do it all??? I appreciate all of the helpful information

• 2/25/11 18:32 Julee:

Do you know if the foundation has oil in it? I try to stick with oil free foundations because I easily break out but my this is pretty and I’m a sucker for QVC kits!

• 2/26/11 0:20 crissy k:

i can’t wait for this foundation to come out on it’s own. It looks great!

• 2/26/11 18:34 Kelly M:

Hi Muse!

I’m still trying to decide between light and med. What are you in Josie Maran’s TM? I am linen and it is a perfect match. I tried to put some on my arm next to the computer screen but still can’t tell if light or medium matches better? Do you have any thoughts? Thanks so much!

• 3/3/11 8:45 Lisa:

Just got this in the mail yesterday. It is completely stunning!!! I was a fan of Tarte back in the day…then they started using tacky packaging (bags with glued on glitter and arts-n-craft style packaging). But they have come a long way and totally redeemed themselves. Since Maureen went eco-friendly, the Tarte line has become one of my favs again. I am so happy with this kit and it’s worth every penny! Everything is amazing! A perfect spring kit! The blush is worth it alone! A must buy!

• 3/3/11 13:52 the Muse:

Lisa AGREED! got my kit too and loving it all! the foundation alone proves amazing so far!

• 3/3/11 17:02 Nicole:

I have medium toned skin with yellow undertones. I am between the light and medium shades in the Tarte TSV. The light looks like it would work for me, while the medium looks a bit dark (too golden, maybe). I’ve read conflicting reviews – one said if you have light to light-medium skin tone, order light. Another one said the shades run light. BTW, I wear BE’s Light shade. Anyone know which Tarte TSV shade would be best for me?

• 3/4/11 4:56 Cindy:

I’m totally new to this site, so if I’m asking something that the rest of you know already, please be patient. I’m trying to decide between the fair and the light. Whose skin are the swatches on and what shade/darkness are they for a form of reference? I’m a fairly-light in BE (makes me itch sometimes too!) and an nc20. Thanks!

• 3/4/11 18:29 Nicole:

Cindy,

I would suggest you order the light shade because I’ve read reviews and ladies are saying that the colors run light and that the fair is really white!

• 3/5/11 1:29 Jen:

welp just ordered it. hoping the foundation works out. *clapping*

• 3/5/11 23:17 katye:

i ordered and received my kit already and i love everything. i am between an NC20 and NC25 in mac foundations. i use the golden fair in BE. the light foundation from this kit was a perfect match for me. hope this helps.

• 3/7/11 13:19 Nicole:

I changed my order from light to medium because some reviewers said the foundation colors run light AND that they are not yellow like they appear on the hand above; instead, look at the swatches that are not swiped on the hand. My order already shipped!

• 3/7/11 15:15 Nicole R:

I just received my kit, I ordered the the light and I’m an nc20 in MAC and this was perfect for me. Everything is absolutely fantastic, especially the blush and gloss! I think I may order another set on AD as well but maybe in a medium for summer. Oh yeah, I’m also a fairly light in BE for reference.

• 8/19/11 13:37 cindy:

I wear the fair in Mally in the winter (it’s a little light, but the light is too dark), and also the fairlylight in BE in the winter. The light in this kit was a perfect match for me. It’s not orange at all, but very neutral, which is exactly what I need – anything with too much pink just accents all the pink/red in my face. I just moved to the South and got a lot of color in my skin for the summer (well, for me anyway, lol) so I’m actually using the medium for the summer, and I never wear medium in anything!