Tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain Review, Swatches, Photos
The Tokidoki for Sephora Collection has four brand new Gelato Lip Balm Stains available. I assume these are replacing Fantastico Lip Stain which are on sale now for $10 bucks each, aw man, I liked those.
Let’s have a lookiee at these new little guys!
A lip balm with moisturizing and staining properties.
I picked up Donutella which features a sweet little unicorn however you can choose from two other shades or a clear balm if you like with other TokiDoki characters. Part of the appeal is obviously the packaging but I thought the $9 price tag was rather fabulous as well particularly because you’re not only getting great packaging here but also a quality balm.
The color is a sheer coral strawberry with a sweet berry scent however the scent isn’t nearly as fabulous or as strong as the one the Prisma Lip Gloss sports, it’s rather tame in comparison.
Essentially the balm is a glorified chapstick with a highly moisturizing formula that glides on easily and leaves behind a good deal of color along with a healthy amount of glossy shine.
The staining effect for the most part isn’t terribly incredible. After the balm wears away it leaves my lips a subtle shade of peach which is quite flattering however the effect isn’t incredibly long wearing and isn’t entirely noticeable unless you’re really looking!
- Anyone who loves TokiDoki!
- Fans of moisturizing lip balms with a hint of color.
- Those looking for a quickie balm to smooth on that gives a natural color to lips.
- Chronic lip product applicators (tuck one into your tote or desk drawer for a quick swipe of color and shine).
- Those sensitive to flavor or fragrance in their lip products.
- Those who like more “mature” makeup (if you’re easily embarrassed over packaging or have a classier taste in makeup you probably won’t find the joy in the kawaii packaging).
Other than wishing for more variety in the shade department (only four shades here) I liked the balm overall and welcomed it into my makeup for quickie touch ups on the go. For me the cuteness, packaging, and quality all matched up perfectly.
Anyone try ‘em?
Wanting to try?
Available now at www.Sephora.com
This product was purchased by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.