Les Fleurs D’ete de Chanel Quad Summer 2011

Les Fleurs D’ete de Chanel Quad Summer 2011

I had just mentioned in yesterday’s Les Fleurs D’ete de Chanel I was curious about the quad that would be launching with the release and it popped up on the British Beauty Blogger’s site.

Loving the greens but getting more of a Fall vibe from it than Summer! I was expecting some tropical sunny shades for the quad since th rest of the collection definitely has that vibe.

Thoughts?

Note: Release is subject to change once it releases in the US.

• 3/4/11 3:25 Nunuiviet:

I don’t know why but I totally hate the packaging makeup of chanel, it is so old-fashioned , it really has no appeal to me therefore never buy anything from them

• 3/4/11 8:50 Holly:

I agree that at first glance it is much more of a fall look. It vaguely reminds me of my favorite LE Chanel quad (I stocked up – winter a few years ago; most gorgeous forrest green ever, taupe, baby pink, and a soft gold). However, I can see this working for summer when I think about it a bit more. The two shades on the left (soft pink and soft green) would make a really pretty simple eye, and could be incorporated with some other shades. Use the charcoal for a smokey night look. I’d pair it with a much more peachy blush and a soft coral lip.

• 3/4/11 10:43 LaurieS:

This looks very similar to Avon’s $5.99 shadow quad!

• 3/4/11 15:34 Mary the Muse Militant:

I love the look of this quad as I love darker colours.
    The dark green looks lovely.
    I wonder how shimmery/frosty they are?
    They don’t do much in a matte or almost matte shadow.

• 3/4/11 16:32 Melissa:

Humm, I feel like I have this quad. I actually went and looked at a couple older ones and sure enough there is a couple similar ones. I’m not sure If I’ll skip it. I’ll check it out in person. If its the round formula -its a pass. I like the u.s.releases ( square formula) much much better. There will still be some new nail polishes and glosses from the launch in my future for sure.

• 3/4/11 19:28 Susan:

I do agree with Nunuiviet, the packaging does not have great appear (it reminds of the way Avon packages their eye shadow quads) but I am swooning over the shadow colors.

• 3/4/11 23:24 Jen:

This is the first Chanel quad I’ve seen that has interested me. Love the colors… Even if it is more fall-y than summery.

• 3/5/11 6:27 Nia:

Not sure yet, I think this is one that you need to see swatched on yourself.
    Chanel is a weak spot for me, so I will definitely check it out.

• 3/11/11 3:50 Ryan:

The colors actually feel really spring like to me. On a different Chanel note, Muse, are you planning on reviewing Vitalumiere Aqua? I really want to know your view on it.

• 3/11/11 11:25 the Muse:

Hey Ryan! :) I have to tossed in my to be tried pile. I ordered it online but I honestly didn’t open it or check it out as of yet, have you tried yet? I’ll try to the review up shortly.