NARS Cosmetics Summer Collection 2011

NARS Cosmetics Summer Collection 2011 002

Summa, Summa time…I’m singing as the snow comes down out my window. Absurd! Do I live in New York or is this the North Pole?

Jeepers!

Well at least I have NARS Summer 2011 to keep me from getting too pouty about the lack of warm weather.

Jump!

NARS Cosmetics Summer Collection 2011 001

NARS Blush in New Order

NARS Lipstick

• Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage
  • Lipstick in Mayflower
  • Lip Gloss in Wonder
  • Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero

NARS Eyeshadow

• The Eye Shadows in Cap Ferrat
  • Duo Eye Shadows in Dogon (metallic beige and a metallic royal navy).
  • Duo Eye Shadows in Exotic Dance
  • Soft Touch Eye Shadow Pencil in Deep Chartreuse Glitter

NARS Nail Polishes

• Ecume (matte white)
  • Kismet (shimmering sunflower)

A few years ago I would have been bouncing on that shadow trio like a rabbit on crack but sadly I can’t pull off such loud shades lately. Dunno what my dealio is but it makes my eyes look all kinda of tired, should really haul out some MAC Parrot and see what I can do.

Thoughts on NARS Summer 2011?

Share it!

source/source

• 3/31/11 20:46 Isis:

oh I love the dogon duo, gorgeous. I’ve only tried the lip laquers and the smell out me off nars, I may have to try that duo though.

• 3/31/11 20:49 Laci:

That trio WILL be mine. And the blush. And the Pure Matte lipstick. And the gloss. LOL

• 3/31/11 20:54 Laci:

And when will I be able to get my greedy little hands on it? ;)

• 4/1/11 9:40 the Muse:

Laci hopefully I’ll have news for you soon hun!

• 4/1/11 14:44 Marie:

May 2011 since previous summer collections were released in may.

• 4/1/11 15:21 Laci:

Awesome. Happy birthday to meeeee! LOL

• 3/31/11 21:04 Risu:

Interesting how they decided to change the layout of the eyeshadow trio…

• 3/31/11 21:55 Crystal:

Wow! These colors look great! That eyeshadow trio is going to be one i can wear. The last two eyeshadow trio’s of their’s I’ve skipped but this one will work for me!

• 3/31/11 23:14 Dovey:

I can’t wait until all the summer collections start coming out! I feel the same way about the bright eye colors, however I’m really curious about the New Order blush!! It looks like a pale mauve/pink with gold? I love NARS’ more fresh looking blushes (and not all the brown/muddy toned ones), so from the photo it looks really promising. Do you know when this collection will come out? =)

• 4/1/11 13:33 the Muse:

Someone mentioned May Dovey :) but as soon as I know an exact date I’ll let you know, I’m def a nars blush lover too, so kinda feeling that shade myself ;D!

• 4/1/11 1:42 Jessica:

Sounds like me Muse! My problem is, I don’t know if it’s just I can’t pull off bright shades anymore, of if my embracing of neutrals in the past year has made my beloved bright colors just not look right if that makes sense.
    I’m definitely going to check out the glitter pencil. I love NARS pencil products (Eyes, Lip pencils)

• 4/1/11 13:21 the Muse:

Jessica sounds like you and I are experiencing the same thing. I’ve been wearing alot of brown and neutral and just feel silly wearing brights lately and it just didn’t look as nice as it once did.

• 4/1/11 3:50 Joanne:

Both nail polishes look amazing! I can’t wait to try them out. They’re both definitely summer colours.

• 4/1/11 4:47 Nia:

Loves it :D
    Hurry up NARS!

• 4/1/11 8:27 Mihai Rosu:

Hi there.
    A very nice collection, lipstick, eyeshadow and nail polish. I like it. I wish i have it.Thanks for this post.

• 4/1/11 10:39 April:

I was fortunate enough to see real swatches of this a few weeks ago. The whole collection is stunning especially the highlighting blush.

Release of this collection is in May according to my always trustworthy NARS MA.

• 4/1/11 10:44 the Muse:

thanks April!

• 4/1/11 10:54 Sarah:

that purply blush looks great!

• 4/1/11 14:45 Marie:

I love EVERYTHING from this collection. I can’t wait!

• 4/1/11 22:06 Nunuiviet:

Not really a big fan of NARS , only item that I have is orgasm and I don’t really like it coz use it only three times, it’s rotting on my shelf

• 4/1/11 23:08 Melissa:

purple blush needs me or me needs it. I think with colored eye shadows like any bold makeup its about confidence. If i’m not feeling particularly self-esteem-y then I stick to my neutrals. I also think that bold colors can age someone too. If I put something on and think gosh Mel u look old, I’m wiping it off. In general it seems neutrals are more becoming. I work with a woman in her 60s that insists on wearing 80s style eye shadow and the one day I saw in her in a more suited neutral combo I was shocked at how young and pretty she looked.

• 4/2/11 0:18 Brooke:

Muse…I’m getting married in November and trying to save money…I think I may have to steer clear of your blog until then…you give me too many reasons to spend money :)

• 4/4/11 13:05 the Muse:

ha brooke sorry girl :D

• 4/2/11 12:44 eryn:

I love this collection! NARS rocks my world and this set just keeps up that feeling.

• 4/2/11 12:49 Ester:

All I’m really interested in are the matte white polish and that goooorgeous lip gloss.

• 4/2/11 17:25 roberta:

Lately Nars collections have been really testing my spending will power. It seems like I always want some thing from it! The kismet nail polish looks so pretty. I don’t think I could pull off that type of eyeshadow trio though. So, I’ll have to skip that.

• 4/3/11 21:05 katrosado:

I’m looking for a nice blue (navy) eye shadow. This might be the ticket. :) I had wanted matte but I think this will be just as nice. Question muse? I am looking at the highlighters that Nars has (I did read your reviews!) I’m hesitant because of possible glitter? How large is the glitter in the nars highlighters for face? (Right now I’m using spotlight by Estee Lauder and it pulls very pink on me. I’m older and glitter is not my friend anymore :( also I was matched to NC 35 ish in MAC so I tend to have a deeper skin tone which glitter likes to take center stage on LOL. Thanks for your insight! I’m digging that matte white nail polish here too. Going to pick that up.

• 4/4/11 12:55 the Muse:

hey katros not sure on the nars highlighter hun, I’m really not great with highlighters :-/ If I think of any suitable for your tone I’ll give a yell ;D!

• 4/4/11 12:59 Jessica:

Katros, have you tried Nars Albatross or Nico as a highlighter?

• 4/5/11 5:01 katrosado:

Hi jessica, I have the Nars gold member cream blush that I’ve tried to use as a highlighter and it doesn’t seem to give enough contrast to be seen. I haven’t tried the one’s you mentioned though, I’ll check them out!

• 4/4/11 16:51 HautePJ:

OH SNAPS! This summer collection rocks. I really want to see that New Order blush. Hoping it shows up more plummy on my skin.

• 4/4/11 21:35 meghan:

I’m all up on the lip products!!! Look at that pink matte?! Hopefully it’s like Schiap/Girl About Town pink, without too much purple….