Of Geeks?

Is it terribly weird or terribly geeky that I’m over 30 and have one too many action figures littering my desk and hanging out with me when I blog?

doctor who david

• 3/10/11 21:18 Allysun:

Not geeky at all! Maybe geek chic :D My talking sonic screw driver pen is always in my hands when I watch reruns. I press the button non stop when I get excited n it drives my bf absolutely mad! Oh, don’t let him see my ‘DW in your pocket’ sound machine! hehe

My love for DW, Hello Kitty, Harry Potter, Pokemon, WoW and you-name-it will never cease! Even when my hair turn all grey n my eye sights start to fail me I will put on a pedobear Knit hat and wear my nerd glasses but give up my loves xDDD

• 3/11/11 12:25 the Muse:

HA allysun you have that?! ME TOO DUDE! lol!!!!!!!! Same here, love all that stuff too ;-D ha it’s great being a geek…truly it is :D

• 3/10/11 21:26 elizabeth:

Love him! That is all :)

• 3/11/11 11:33 the Muse:

ha elizabeth and miss him but MS does a damn fine job!

• 3/10/11 22:05 Olivia A:

:-) I, for one, think it’s geeky & fun! Nice to see the Doctor is keeping you company ;-)

• 3/11/11 11:33 the Muse:

*wink* Olivia ;D!

• 3/10/11 22:16 PauFM:

hell no! its cool :) I’m 20 something and have the entire matrix figure action collection

• 3/11/11 11:33 the Muse:

omg I will not even go there pau LOL I won’t admit that I have some as well..no I won’t :D!

• 3/11/11 9:12 Regina:

Neither! Just very cute :)

• 3/11/11 9:36 the Muse:

hehe regina ;D!

• 3/11/11 9:13 Krys:

Oi, don’t worry. I have ten DW figures on my desk. They’re part of the Character Options set. I have both Ten and the Master (scruffy, post-botched-regeneration/resurrection version) as well as a bunch of monsters. My favourite’s the toy Davros. So cute.

Have you heard? They have a new set that includes coloured Daleks (the new ones), Amy Pond and Eleven! Plus the scary Smilers too :D

• 3/11/11 11:20 the Muse:

krys I’d say I’m about there. I have one for every Doctor ;-D TB being my fav ;-D! hehehe! I seen the new set ;-D and seen the colored daleks for sake at a recent Con ;-D! i call them iDaleks ;-D they remind me of something Apple would create lol! damn smilers are freaking creepy as hell ;D!

• 3/11/11 9:18 Littlecreek:

I hope not or we’re both in trouble (I’m 29 so i feel ya). :) Not only am i the only gamer in the office, I bought stickers from think geek for my desk and now my stapler, calculator etc. all have eyes and mouths in various expressions. My boss just laughs. I think the red swingline stapler will be my next purchase from that site. There just aren’t enough of us geek girls out there.

• 3/11/11 9:21 Littlecreek:

Side note: your action figure is my favorite Doctor. Him and Martha were the best duo yet.

• 3/11/11 9:51 the Muse:

ten was great wasn’t he littlecreek ;-D

• 3/11/11 9:52 the Muse:

think geek my fav place to shop littlecreek totally have the red swingline I ever desk in my office lol! ;-D LOVE officespace ;-D hells yes! gotta stick together ;D

• 3/11/11 9:32 Eve:

Well I’m 21 but you can never be too old for action figures! They’re my favorite to have around especially the overly sexy anime figures lol!

• 3/11/11 9:35 the Muse:

ha eve ;-D great minds think alike, never too old for geeky extras eh?

• 3/11/11 10:36 auroragyps:

I got a Build A Bear grey tabby cat for my 38th birthday, so I think you’re fine. My mom knitted a sweater for it and I bought it black wire rimmed glasses in black. I do collect grey cats things, because I am a Level 1 (1 cat per level) Crazy Cat Lady. She’s a grey tabby named Lady Zeal & she’s named after an Amber Diceless RPG (from the Zelazny series of novels) NPC.

I also got 2 Twilight Barbies this Xmas (Victoria & Alice) & got the Bella one last year, but not because of Twilight (I won’t touch an of the stuff otherwise). I just got them because they looked cool & different from all the other Barbies with magenta lips and too much eye shadow. All my Barbies from when I was a kid are kaput, but I’d like to be able to show off all the cool clothes my mom made for them back then, so new dolls were needed. Plus, we still make doll clothes, mom more than me, so they’ll be dressed like D&D PCs soon enough.

Do I win the geek contest yet? :-p

• 3/11/11 11:29 auroragyps:

That :-p should be a ;-). Basically, I think we’re all in good geeky company. Pardon this geek’s half asleep-ness.

• 3/11/11 15:48 the Muse:

LOL auro sweet ;-D I <3 you so much for admiting all this ;-D! here something else to get addicted to: http://www.volksusa.com/super-dollfie-super-dollfie.html

hehe!