A Brief Introduction to Lady Primrose

Lady Primrose 8

I’ve been blogging for ages and can’t believe I haven’t yet shared my favorite beauty brand with you, Lady Primrose. They make some of my very favorite scents and body products and many of their fragrances are my signature scents.

The brand is so very appealing as it has a certain Victorian beauty feel about it. I collect old vintage Victorian vanity sets, powder jars, and older vintage art deco powder jars. Lady Primrose’s packaging on their bath and body products is so so amazingly elegant!

Let’s take a look!

I only took photos of a few powder jars, I didn’t want to overwhelm you too much with my stash.

Powders come in shake glass jars or in traditional glass containers with puffs. They also have a range of bath salts, bubble bath, shower gel, moisturizers, etc….in similar packaging.

Lady Primrose 6

Lady Primrose 1

Lady Primrose 2

Lady Primrose 3

Lady Primrose 4

Lady Primrose 5

The packaging is stunning but even better yet is some of the scents are just too gorgeous to describe such as Tryst one of my favorite fragrances from the brand.

I first discovered the brand some years ago when I was staying at Rosewood Mansion. Later on, a trip through Coco Beach Village I was overjoyed to find a quaint little shop selling Lady Primrose.

At the time, Lady Primrose wasn’t available online so it was a novelty discovering the products on various travels.

Lucky enough, Lady Primrose is now very much alive and kicking online.

I just wanted to give you a brief introduction to the brand as I’m going to start reviewing some of their fragrances from my collection soon as these are too good not to share.

Have you tried Lady Primrose?

Love it?

Do share!

I’d love to hear if you’ve tried the brand before.

You can discover more at ladyprimrose.com

• 4/19/11 15:21 Courtney:

These are gorgeous! I will definitely be checking it out.

• 4/19/11 15:35 Kate:

Oh wow! Those would look far more elegant on the top of my dresser than the mess currently inhabiting it!

• 4/19/11 15:37 the Muse:

ha kate for sure ;D!

• 4/19/11 16:05 Luna:

I’d love to hear some of your reviews. These are absolutely adorable looking, really makes me wish I had more room on my dresser or vanity table! Sort of inspires some Spring cleaning…

• 4/20/11 13:31 the Muse:

i will def do some luna ;D!

• 4/19/11 16:38 MC:

Oh wow the containers are soooo pretty!!! They remind me of what my nana used to have on her dressing table.

I think me wants to scope it out. XD

• 4/19/11 17:00 Jen:

Wow, their packaging is incredibly beautiful :) I can now imagine how pretty and sensual the scents are. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

• 4/20/11 10:15 the Muse:

my pleasure jen!

• 4/19/11 17:32 Phyrra:

The containers are so gorgeous! They really are vanity worthy!

• 4/19/11 18:52 kiwikiwidragon:

hmmm… coco beach village? were was that muse?

• 4/20/11 10:13 the Muse:

kiwi as in where is coco beach village or what store in coco beach village?

• 4/20/11 15:57 kiwikiwidragon:

All of the above, I live right near cocoa beach, only about 30 minutes away. Or was it Cocoa Village with the playhouse?

• 4/26/11 10:40 the Muse:

I thought Cocoa Beach Village and Cocoa Village were one in the same kiwi? ;-D! don’t quote me though. There’s a small deli/cafe on the corner and about three or four stores before that is a little gift shop that sells the fragrances and bath items along with other frilly little bits and gifts and such ;D Not sure of the name of the place though :(

• 4/26/11 12:48 kiwikiwidragon:

i know exactly were you are talking about! Sounds like a saturday trip while DH is at gatorland! I live about 20 minutes from were you are talking about. They are separate places, Cocoa Beach and Cocoa Village. The bath cottage has been there for many years. They used to be the only place for the most amazing foaming sugar shower scrub! Are you planning to come back to florida anytime soon?

• 4/26/11 13:00 the Muse:

that’s it that’s it! ;-D They have a small section towards middle of the store on the left hand side, with all sorts of Lady Primrose! Mmm Florida maybe be on the horizon for Summer but it’s debatable ;-D We should meet there for tea and Lady primrose ;-D!

• 4/26/11 14:28 kiwikiwidragon:

Agreed! That would be the best! I know just the place for tea!

• 4/26/11 14:36 the Muse:

brilliant ;-D is your email address in this post your primary one!? next time I’m in FL I’ll email ya!

• 4/26/11 16:38 kiwikiwidragon:

Yes, that is my main contact email. Hope to hear from you!

• 5/4/11 11:40 the Muse:

kiwi for sure ;-D next trip over!

• 4/19/11 19:22 katrosado:

ohhhhh I’m loving the packaging on these! They would look so lovely sitting there just waiting to be used. Thanks for the intro Muse, I haven’t heard of this brand before!

• 4/20/11 10:13 the Muse:

my pleasure katros :D!

• 4/19/11 20:53 Emily:

That is gorgeous packaging indeed! It reminds me a bit of History of Whoo, a semi-upscale Korean beauty brand that seems to have similarly collectible packaging. Not Victorian, of course, but still really lovely. Have you tried any of this brand? It’s a bit out of my price range, so I haven’t ventured there yet ^^

Looking forward to reading more about this Lady Primrose fragrance brand!

• 5/13/11 14:22 the Muse:

hey emily I actually have ;-D The History of Whoo does kinda remind me of Primrose a bit…;-D I should really review some of the line!

• 4/19/11 20:55 Johanna:

It’s funny, Muse — I read your entry about Lady Primrose earlier today, and then later, I wandered into a gift shop in Carlsbad, CA, and low and behold, they had a small collection! Very pretty.

• 4/20/11 10:10 the Muse:

Oh that’s brilliant Johanna ;-D did you sniff!?

• 4/19/11 22:02 Isis:

I NEED these!

• 4/20/11 2:05 Ryou:

This is positively dangerous for the likes of me. I think Tryst Kiss is calling the Pink Sugar lover in me…

I love how they have “regular” packaging for people who love their product but don’t want to pay that much for fancy packaging. <3

• 4/20/11 5:37 nicci:

this looks interesting but I have to admit when I first saw the pics, I thought they were salt/pepper shakers! :)

• 4/20/11 9:32 the Muse:

ha nicci :)

• 4/20/11 12:54 Sara:

Oooh! I needs me a vanity and some of these for it!

• 4/20/11 16:11 Rochelle:

I just LOVE Lady Primrose. I have been using it now for a few years. My sister introduced me to it. Tryst is my favorite scent and I love that most of the items have shimmer in them. But nothing beats the Royal Extract Soap. If you haven’t tried it, you are missing out!

• 4/26/11 10:28 the Muse:

oh rochelle I keep it on tap, LOVE that stuff ;D!

• 4/20/11 16:16 Laura:

Lady Primrose is a great find. I have used their products for the last five years and while not just beautiful containers, the products inside are just as fabulous. Their Effulgence cream is one of the best on the market. I’ve worked for high-end cosmetic companies in the past and this is by far my favorite moisturizing cream.

The beauty about Lady Primrose is that you can also buy candles and room spray in your favorite scents. My husband even loves the room sprays and the candles don’t even have to be lit to give off a great aroma.

Sorry for the long response, but it is great stuff! And let’s face it we all deserve some bling!

• 4/26/11 10:28 the Muse:

hey laura ;-D long time fan too ;-D thanks for adding your comment!!!!!!

• 5/26/11 10:18 dina:
    • 5/27/11 11:51 the Muse:

YOU rock d! thanks! How’s baby lucy?! Give her kisses from her Auntie Musey :D!