Beauty Most Unusual: Vaseline Marmite Lip Therapy

Vaseline Marmite Lip Therapy

Marmite an acquired taste if there every was one.

You either love it or you hate, or so I’m told. I happen to love it but I’m also positive I was British in my other life.

Vegemite was banned in the US and rumor has it Marmite was as well at one time. Don’t you love spreads that the FTC deems unsuitable for consumption? It’s like eating blow fish! I like to live dangerously and eat Marmite on toast, I’m so damn adventurous!

Now I sometimes have to have my Marmite fix but I’m not sure it extends to smearing it on my lips.

Well Vaseline doesn’t doubt that there are some really hardcore Marmite fan girls out there because they have a new lip therapy, that’s, you guessed it, Marmite flavored.

I imagine Marmite flavored lip balm will have all sorts of raves and rants as much as the condiment itself has. This lip balm is not only flavored like Marmite but sports a brown shimmering color so it looks like the real deal too plus it’s 100% Vegan!

Vaseline Marmite Lip Therapy Lip Balm

As much as I love Marmite I’m going to throw this one into the Beauty Most Unusual bin.

Your thoughts?

Team Marmite?

Team No Freaking Way!

What’s your thoughts?

Mmm now I’m hungry for a spot of toast and Marmite!

For the confused, please see more about Marmite at its Wiki Page.

CLICK!

• 4/1/11 10:24 Elisa:

Haha, looks kinda cool, they will never sell this one here i think xD

• 4/1/11 10:33 the Muse:

never elisa, sad sigh! ;-D even marmite itself is kinda hard to find!

• 4/1/11 10:29 Cj:

Err… I’ll stick with Nutella lol

• 4/1/11 10:32 the Muse:

NO WAY cj ;-D marmite beats out nutella anyday of the week ;D!

• 4/1/11 10:46 Mary the Muse Militant:

I can’t believe this stuff !!!
    You will never catch a guy with this stuff permeating the air around you !
    Well maybe another Marmite fanatic like yourself Muse :)
    You are a brave lady.

• 4/1/11 10:50 the Muse:

I hear aidan turner loves it mary. We could be like to hogs in the mud ;-D hehe!

• 4/1/11 10:50 Eve:

April Fool’s right? I’m not tricked that easily, I googled it and all the news posts are from today only!

• 4/1/11 10:55 the Muse:

lol it’s true eve ;D

• 4/1/11 10:56 the Muse:

darn can’t get you guys ;-D

• 4/1/11 10:52 Sarah:

April Fools?

• 4/1/11 10:54 the Muse:

LOL SERIOUS sarah no an april fools joke ;D

• 4/1/11 11:18 winni:

I’ve never had it, but I think I’d like it. I love nutritional yeast (also called brewers yeast) on my popcorn. It’s delish! Maybe I’ll have to hunt some down!

• 4/1/11 11:22 the Muse:

hehe winni April fool’s love ;D!

• 4/1/11 11:29 winni:

I meant I might actually track down the marmite, not the lip balm :)

• 4/1/11 11:31 the Muse:

do it winni! ;-D nommy stuff!

• 4/1/11 12:29 emily:

Winni, that’s how I eat my popcorn! Butter, brewers yeast and spike :). I love that someone else does this as well. And Muse, well played. I suspected a joke but only because I’ve been seeing them all over facebook this morning :).

• 4/1/11 12:30 the Muse:

damn emily ;-D

• 4/1/11 11:21 Sarah:

Haha! Sadly lip balm has been made in flavors like bacon or cheez-its, for real, marmite is actually a bit less revolting :)

• 4/1/11 11:22 the Muse:

ha BACON lip balm Sarah! Crazy about bacon products lmao!

• 4/1/11 11:29 Dawn:

I think its cool! A change from the usual sweet scented/tasting lipbalms..

• 4/1/11 11:59 Davena:

haha, happy April Fools!!
    i like marmite but that would be a bit too far me thinks!

• 4/1/11 12:01 the Muse:

haha Happy April Fools davena ;D!

• 4/1/11 12:09 cindy:

you had me good, but oh my goodness, i thought this is real. this is very funny, thanks girl, you made my day, i seriously think some people would buy this product though, but yuck, I’m not a fan girl of marmite, it’s brown and strange, lol

• 4/1/11 12:21 the Muse:

and tasty cindy!!!!!!!!!!! hehe ;-D

• 4/1/11 12:30 Kate:

After my local grocery store was remolded it boasts a bigger ethnic section, including Vegemite! Every time I see it I want to buy the container to try, but I’m scared it will be horrible.

• 4/1/11 12:31 the Muse:

vegemite is actually pretty good I do prefer marmite though Kate ;-D has a bolder flavor ;D!

• 4/1/11 12:34 Invicta:

I imagine some Aussies are hoping Vaseline will grant them a Vegemite lip balm too!

• 4/1/11 12:36 the Muse:

LOL Invicta ;-D! ‘please jebus give us vegemite lip balm’

• 4/1/11 13:46 Mackenzie:

I’ve never tried marmite… what is it? I’d never spread something that looked like black vaseline on my lips though… Nasty

• 4/1/11 13:48 the Muse:

it’s a bit of a joke mackenzie :) April Fools. there’s a wiki link that I included in the post if you wanna read up about marmite, it’s a spread. :)

• 4/1/11 17:27 Jessica:

Too bad because I’d actually buy this. I love Marmite (I too must’ve been British in a past life)

• 4/4/11 13:11 the Muse:

lol Jessica I prob would too!

• 4/1/11 17:38 Annabella Freeman:

All joking aside Marmite is foul, I think you can get treatment on the NHS for your affliction Ms. Muse! ; )

• 4/4/11 13:10 the Muse:

ha anna ;-D I love me some marmite sorry ;D!

• 4/1/11 22:55 Melissa:

lol! I was a believer for minute than I read the comments. Good one. Lets get a nutella lip balm, I would buy.

• 4/4/11 13:08 the Muse:

LOL Melissa nutella would rock as a lip balm!

• 4/2/11 0:21 Brooke:

When I hear the word ‘Vegemite’ I always think of that song “Down Under” by Men At Work :)

• 4/4/11 13:41 the Muse:

haha brooke! ;-D yes!

• 4/2/11 20:18 Liz!:

This post literally made me lol, that is such a strange product! I’ve never tried vegemite or marmite though I’d love to!

• 4/4/11 13:02 the Muse:

hehe liz glad it got you laughing ;D!

• 4/3/11 13:37 becca:

LOL @ the “100% vegan” part. I almost — almost — didn’t realize this was a joke, as I’m reading it for the first time on April 3rd and have fully come out of my “TRUST NO ONE!” mindset over the past 48 hours. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there actually was a market for a product like this somewhere in the world! Nice packaging design ;)

• 4/4/11 13:26 the Muse:

hehe becca ;-D I wouldn’t either, I’d prob seriously consider a buy if there was ;D!