Cake Beauty Strawberry Shortcake Decadent Hand Creme Review
I just took the 80′s test and I’m a little uncomfortable with how many of these things I remember:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80′s if (Bold black for the things I remembered, italics for the things I REALLY loved about the 80′s):
- You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
- You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom.
- If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock“.
- It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
- You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
- You played the game “MASH”(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- You know the profound meaning of ” WAX ON , WAX OFF”.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe).
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school…and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
- After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
- You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- You still sing “We are the World”
- You tight rolled your jeans.
- You owned a banana clip.
- You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
- You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ ’boutWillis?”
- You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
Heck, they did leave out some important things about the 80′s, like how about Thunder Cats, Rainbow Brite, Sweet Secrets, Glow Worm, Rose Petals, My Little Pony, and most important, Strawberry Shortcake!
I can’t really recall exactly how old I was when Strawberry Shortcake entered my life but I’m pretty sure I was in doll land bliss. Seriously..she was a doll that smelled like strawberries, what wasn’t to love here? It was the innovation of the 1980′s and every little girl was foaming at the mouth to own such a doll!
Cake Beauty celebrates Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Birthday and celebrates in style with a Canadian beauty release that includes decadently scented products that will bring back the 80′s for every girl who’s in their 30′s!
A great big boo and a hiss to Cake Beauty who have launched their Strawberry Shortcake Collection in Canada only. The only reason I could possibly think of for this would be licensing issues in the US perhaps? Who knows, but sadly the collection is available within Canada only and if you visit the site from the US, items will sadly appear out of stock.
I was able to haul most of the collection thanks to one of my readers, Kristy, who offered to pick me up the items I was drooling over so badly. If you have friends or family in Canada now would be a good time to call in the favors.
Cake Beauty Strawberry Shortcake Decadent Hand Creme is one of four products inspired by one of my favorite dolls from the 80′s. Do they capture the scent correctly?
Yeah, actually they do, right down to the plastic of the doll. Ha! You probably won’t like this if you’re not really familiar with the old 80′s doll as it does have a tinge of artificial, plastic strawberry smell to it but really that’s the entire point of this release right? To capture and bring back that old Strawberry Shortcake smell! If you’re looking for a true strawberry smell, this isn’t it but if you’re wanting to relive parts of your childhood, well this is so it!
The scent has a dominate plastic strawberry note followed up with vanilla cake and cream. The plastic part of course seals the deal and makes me remember how great that Strawberry Shortcake doll really was!
The hand cream itself is a very lightweight, non-greasy formula that softens hands without leaving them oily or greasy. It absorbs easily and leaves behind a very strong lingering scent. Seriously, the scent can last through a hand washing! It’s pretty full on!
Cake Beauty’s Strawberry Shortcake Collection won’t appeal to everyone particularly those seeking a true strawberry dessert experience but for those that remember that darling combination of strawberries, cake, and cream mixed with plastic, well, it’s the sweet smell of childhood memories all the way.
Do you remember Strawberry Shortcake?
What are your best 80′s memories?
Do share them!
The Strawberry Shortcake Collection is available now exclusively to Canadian customers at www.cakebeauty.com for a limited time!
Thanks again to Kristy for bring back my childhood memories!
This product was purchased by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.