L’Oreal Summer Siren Collection L’Oreal Summer Collection 2011

LOreal Summer Siren Collection LOreal Summer Collection 2011 2

Drugstore makeup Summer Collections are very slowly creeping into stores. The first one I’ve seen is the new L’Oreal Summer Siren Collection.

It’s kinda L’Oreal customary bronzing collection that features two eyeshadow quads, bronzing powder, lipglosses, and a few nail shades.

Let’s take a look!

If you remember I did a Cheap Beauty Challenge back in 2009 that features pretty much the same products as you see here. The quad and bronzing powders featured in that post are very similar to these offerings!

LOreal Summer Siren Collection LOreal Summer Collection 2011 5

LOreal Summer Siren Collection LOreal Summer Collection 2011 4

LOreal Summer Siren Collection LOreal Summer Collection 2011 3

LOreal Summer Siren Collection LOreal Summer Collection 2011 1

Although you can’t see it in these cam phone images, the nail polishes are quite vibrant and fun with a hint of shimmer!

What do you think of L’Oreal’s Summer Siren Collection?

Will you haul from it?

Do share!

• 4/12/11 11:58 Mel:

Isn’t it true that L’oreal owns Essie now, and their shades are identical in “new releases”? I’m specifically thinking back to their re-release of the North Fork collection, different in name only.

So I wonder if these are existing Essie shades?

Either way they look nice. I don’t buy any of their makeup though. The price point doesn’t warrant it.

• 4/12/11 12:14 the Muse:

sorry mel I’m not an expert at nail polish and don’t cover it much here so not sure if Essie already has these shades but maybe a reader will step in and confirm.

• 7/30/11 17:57 SJG:

L’oreal bought Essie in 2010. I was wondering why they were in all the drugstores now.

I’m only bumping this post because I bought the Coral Treasures quad for 1/2 price today (I went from Rite Aid to Rite Aid since I was having non-buyers remorse. It literally jumped out at me so I HAD to buy it).

• 4/12/11 13:23 Kate:

That blue nail polish looks mighty spunky! :-D

• 4/12/11 13:49 ssaem:

Eh, L’oreal and its animal testing so I’m not bothering with them. And if L’oreal owns Essie now… that’s sad. I wanted to try them out. :|

• 4/12/11 14:33 Coral:

I’m not thrilled with the makeup that I see there, but those nail polishes are fabulous. And I will once again have to break my “no more polishes” stand.

• 4/12/11 14:51 JoElla:

I love all of the LE L’oreal goodies! I can’t wait to try some of these!

• 4/12/11 23:24 Melissa:

I have recently started digging drugstore polishes again. With coupons and sales you can get some nice LE stuff cheap-o. I probably don’t need the other stuff but again if the sale is there I might just want it lol.

• 4/20/11 18:35 Ruthless:

The thing about animal testing is that almost everything you buy was tested on animals at some point-nowadays because there was animal testing in the last 50 years they don’t really need to the same way. They know what chemicals cause irritation.

The blue and turquoise collection from L’Oreal last year were in fact dupes of Essie north fork, which is great for me because I missed it. Not sure if these are dupes or not.

• 4/25/11 22:10 Heather C.:

I found the yellow and orange nail colors at Ulta, but the pink one was gone, which made me super sad. But I did pick up the other two. I have yet to try them but they look so sparkly and pretty in the bottle.

• 4/26/11 10:04 the Muse:

heather lmk how they work out they look gorg!